AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Putting myself in Disney’s shoes for a moment, it is a good predictive tool to see if there are any subtle changes as of opening of the 60 day renewal window for passes first sold on 9-8-21. I agree that any significant changes would almost always be preceded by an announcement — probably with a couple of months of lead time. But, I have a theory and I am watching for facts.

I still don’t understand the difference or why Disney would even treat one Sorcerer pass different from another Sorcerer pass based on start date.

We know character passes are being renewed.

The day is finally here! & According to the WDW website, things are the same today as they were yesterday… the FL res pixie dust pass is still for sale & renewals are still being promoted:

Renew Your Annual Passes​

We are pausing new sales of select Annual Passes. All current Passholders can continue to renew into any of our four pass types – at their renewal rate – and continue to visit using their pass. We will continue to evaluate the return of new sales for these passes. Please check back here for the latest updates.

My mistake. It is Sunday, July 10th when the renewal window opens. I continue to watch for new information.
All info remains the same on the WDW website 😊😉

As long as people who don’t qualify for socerer are blocked from buying the pass I’m happy

if you legit own direct, Disney should sell that pass without limitations on number of issued passes

under no circumstances is it ok for a non direct dvc owner buying socerer

Maybe the cap on annual passes (if there is a cap) are weighted; like a penny, nickel, dime and quarter. They take a bunch of coins (passes) and throw them in the change counter. When it equals $100 they have reached the cap on annual passes? A software program could easily manage something like that.
Feels a bit too complicated for Disney IT

i think it’s Bob working an abacus

As long as people who don’t qualify for socerer are blocked from buying the pass I’m happy

if you legit own direct, Disney should sell that pass without limitations on number of issued passes

The passes that got through last year eventually got stopped. People who got the vouchers and not entitled were refunded because they wouldn’t activate them when they got there because they were ineligible.

I was told by a CM supervisor at ticketing in MK in January, that the system now flagged those not eligible and should be stopped from renewing.

So we will see what reports we get. But remember, if DPEP, who is in charge, doesn’t care which DVC owners get them, and allows CMs to sell/activate than they can.

But, based on what happened after they stopped the sales to non qualified, I hope that it will indeed be stopped.

Last edited:

I think you’re right. It’s one of the few direct perks that really means something, and we’ve paid handsomely for it.

Just sitting here still waiting for new APs to go on sale. I'm hopeful with DVC lifting their borrowing restriction maybe full normalcy will be back soon!
I agree. I think something's bound to be announced since they lifted the borrowing restriction.

I agree. I think something's bound to be announced since they lifted the borrowing restriction.
I REALLY hope so. I leave for my trip in 11 days and already bought single day tickets for 3 people that I would love to convert to AP's before I use them! This one trip is almost as much as the AP's and I have 3 more trips already booked in the next year. Fingers crossed!!!

I hope so, too, but I strongly doubt the two are related.

DVCMC can make the borrowing decision. The AP decision is WAY, WAY above anyone in the DVCMC or DVD organization. If any of them could make the decision, I'm 100% positive that AP sales would never have been paused for DVC Members qualified for Membership Extras.

I honestly thought the Incredipass was dead. Surprised to see renewals allowed into it.

I thought they would make Sorcerer the new top tier and let DVC buy Pirate (if anyone ever gets to buy anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter