AP ticket question

MushuHill

Mouseketeer
We are new to DVC. We are taking our 1st large trip since becoming members. We usually go one trip that is a week long in the fall and a mini trip in summer. Now that we can get reduced price for AP tickets it makes it worth it to look into it to try to cover the 3 trips Oct 2020, summer 2021, and end of Sept 2021. We are also going on a Disney cruise April 2021 and may be able to throw a day in then.
If I buy an AP and wait to activate in in Oct can I still book fast passes when it is time?
If not is it a better idea to just buy tickets and then just upgrade them once I am there to an AP?

If you purchase the AP ahead of time, you're actually purchasing an AP voucher that you can link to your MDE account just as if it were a "real" ticket. You can make FP with the voucher (the system sees it as valid admission even though it's not an active ticket).

Once you arrive, you go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations location at any park and activate the AP. The year countdown for the AP then begins on the date you first enter a park.

It's super easy - barely an inconvenience.

Steve

To get the DVC discounted AP, you need to have a blue member card, a direct buyer, or a resale buy long ago, I think it was 2013 or so to qualify.

I do have a blue card. We bought direct at Copper Creek the day before the point minimum jumped from 75 to 100.

When you activate at WDW, Be sure to bring blue card, and every adult age 18+ has to be present and have photo ID showing the same home address as the owner.

I
When you activate at WDW, Be sure to bring blue card, and every adult age 18+ has to be present and have photo ID showing the same home address as the owner.
It is just me and my husband. We don’t have any kids. We are both listed on the contract so that is not a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter