AP Ticket window is now open

So what is the difference? Is it a significant difference in demand for the pass or a significant difference in the strength of the website/system?

Disneyland killed all APs while WDW was allowing everyone to continue on and renew. For new AP sales its likely people have tickets and will upgrade when they show up or they haven't hit their window of buying tickets.

So a lot less demand for instant access to APs and booking park reservations compared to DL.

My guess is the voucher expires 1 year after purchase (kind of like they did at Disneyland back when we had APs and not keys, although I thought it was always December 31st of the year after you purchased it) but once redeemed within the year, that is when it activates and a new AP expiration date will occur.
This is what I’m hoping, but I am concerned… the problem is that I have a gold pass certificate in MDE right now and it is labeled as such- my girls’ new passes simply say “pass” exactly like all our other active passes do… and I did have a problem with one pass ”auto-starting” last year (which had to be resolved over the phone with a supervisor)… and it looked exactly like these do. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m not going to say anything for certain right now, but it is possible that the passes have actually started & they’ll have to manually fix them all later… ugh. I seriously hope not!!! Although that would be better than the alternative (that the clock is seriously starting to tick right now!)!!

Plus the wording is different at the bottom of the purchase email:

Pass certificates expire one year from purchase. After one year, the amount paid for an unused, expired pass certificate may be applied towards the purchase of a new pass at current prices so long as the new pass purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original pass certificate.”

This is what I’m hoping, but I am concerned… the problem is that I have a gold pass certificate in MDE right now and it is labeled as such- my girls’ new passes simply say “pass” exactly like all our other active passes do… and I did have a problem with one pass ”auto-starting” last year (which had to be resolved over the phone with a supervisor)… and it looked exactly like these do. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m not going to say anything for certain right now, but it is possible that the passes have actually started & they’ll have to manually fix them all later… ugh. I seriously hope not!!! Although that would be better than the alternative (that the clock is seriously starting to tick right now!)!!

Pass certificates expire one year from purchase. After one year, the amount paid for an unused, expired pass certificate may be applied towards the purchase of a new pass at current prices so long as the new pass purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original pass certificate.”
I’m on hold and plan on asking

I called the passholder number to ask about upgrading partially used military MYW ticket (just purchased and used aug2021) to DVC sorcerer ticket only to be told I had to call DVC for them to handle that and give me the answer to that question. I pushed back three times because I see people on the DIS saying DVC told them they can’t handle the upgrades. Now I am on a 77minute estimated hold with DVc MS. Ugh!

Please let us know. Thanks.

The website is making me add photo pass for all of my APs. I only wanted to add it to one. If I don't add now, may I later?

The website is making me add photo pass for all of my APs. I only wanted to add it to one. If I don't add now, may I later?

I did separate 'Add to Cart' cycles and was able to pay under one checkout. 1 'Add to Cart' for the single AP with Photopass, then the remainder without. When you go to checkout, they are separate entries and you can assign Guests individually.

I called the passholder number to ask about upgrading partially used military MYW ticket (just purchased and used aug2021) to DVC sorcerer ticket only to be told I had to call DVC for them to handle that and give me the answer to that question. I pushed back three times because I see people on the DIS saying DVC told them they can’t handle the upgrades. Now I am on a 77minute estimated hold with DVc MS. Ugh!
Ok I reached DVC MS and he felt terrible saying the AP ticket line should have been able to tell me that answer and that the rule for partially used upgrades can only be done in person .

If anybody knows I appreciate the help-I also know nothing is for sure/guaranteed.

Getting questions from purchasing DVC Sorcerer now, and upgrading it later if XMAS trip pops up.

It's much larger spread now, if they end up not going at XMAS it would be pretty significant waste.

TIA.

Adding memory maker to my pass puts the balance over $1000 which means calling to make the purchase because Disney gift card balances can only hold up to 1000 with an online transfer. I could just use credit card for the remaining balance but here I am, waiting an hour….. I don’t understand why I can’t add more than one gift card at a time. This could be so easy…. Dear Disney World, I don’t like you right now, but I love you…..

I’m on hold and plan on asking
Hmmm, that wording is not on my confirmation email. Anybody else not have that on their confirmation email?

I couldn’t be happier. I wanted an AP with some kind of discount so we could go to the parks and not stress about it. I got those today and saved several hundred dollars versus buying the next option up (for non-DVC). We bought photopass because we’ll use it.

I know nothing is perfect, but I feel like the AP offered is fair. I have nothing to complain about.

Hmmm, that wording is not on my confirmation email. Anybody else not have that on their confirmation email?
No it’s not on my email My ‘ticket’ says expires on 9/7/2022 when i look at it on MDE, but as been said I assume that’s the deadline for activation of currently priced voucher.

If anybody knows I appreciate the help-I also know nothing is for sure/guaranteed.

Getting questions from purchasing DVC Sorcerer now, and upgrading it later if XMAS trip pops up.

It's much larger spread now, if they end up not going at XMAS it would be pretty significant waste.

TIA.
Would also love to hear an answer on this one!

No it’s not on my email My ‘ticket’ says expires on 9/7/2022 when i look at it on MDE, but as been said I assume that’s the deadline for activation of currently priced voucher.
I am concerned too. I purchased yesterday through DVC and right after my credit card was used she told me that my clock had started ticking and that my pass would expire next September. I don’t have a trip planned until the end of January and this is when I want my AP activated. She was very insistent. Does anyone else have any information?

I am concerned too. I purchased yesterday through DVC and right after my credit card was used she told me that my clock had started ticking and that my pass would expire next September. I don’t have a trip planned until the end of January and this is when I want my AP activated. She was very insistent. Does anyone else have any information?

Someone posted elsewhere…I will try to find…that the language states it must be activated by the date or it can be applied to a new one.

So, I think there is some confusion by the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter