AP Voucher/Fast Passes

MinnieMouse1999

Earning My Ears
If I purchase an AP voucher now, but don't activate it until I arrive in April, will I be able to book fast passes in advance?

And just to confirm, my AP year doesn't start until I actually enter a park, correct?

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm new to this whole AP thing!

I think I saw this question come up in another thread, and the determination was no (which makes sense, because until you activate it, all you have is a redemption certificate not an actual annual pass). AP year begins when you activate it. I believe that has to be done in person because they validate with your ID.

As long as your AP voucher is properly linked in your MDE account, you will be able to book FastPasses in whatever your normal window would be. And you are correct about the AP year not starting until it has been activated. Just make sure when you go to activate that you have ID for any adults who you are activating for.

As long as your AP voucher is properly linked in your MDE account, you will be able to book FastPasses in whatever your normal window would be. And you are correct about the AP year not starting until it has been activated. Just make sure when you go to activate that you have ID for any adults who you are activating for.

Yep! You can even book AP Rates on hotels without having the actual pass yet... There is the hoop of going to Guest Relations at Disney Springs or a ticket booth to get the actual pass and show your ID - not too bad, but I was always a right to the turnstiles type person, so that was another step in my planning -and- Disney Springs had about a 30 minute wait for a representative. However - They text when they are ready for you. Perfect time to enjoy Disney Springs while you wait.

Yep! You can even book AP Rates on hotels without having the actual pass yet... There is the hoop of going to Guest Relations at Disney Springs or a ticket booth to get the actual pass and show your ID - not too bad, but I was always a right to the turnstiles type person, so that was another step in my planning -and- Disney Springs had about a 30 minute wait for a representative. However - They text when they are ready for you. Perfect time to enjoy Disney Springs while you wait.

This is great to know! Thank you!!!

I just booked my FP on Tuesday for our December trip. Staying at BLT and using AP we bought last January and will activate upon arrival in December.

You also get AP discounts in the shop parks app before activating. I have on a few orders so far, most recently about a month ago.

I was in the same scenario (purchased DVC AP voucher and activated in April)-- if you have a resort reservation and an AP linked to your profile you will be able to make FP selections at 60 days. Probably better to buy now before they roll out another price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter