• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Wonder if this is a new policy. Interested if anyone else has experienced it. I'd love that offer over at Royal Pacific since their King Suites are useless when you have 4 people.
Either a new policy or I had a total newbie who knows nothing about Plat upgrades :cool1:. If a new policy, I will take this upgrade any day over a parlor.

Thanks! A little steep for just two.

Yeah, we have had club rooms when we had 4 or 5 in the room, and felt it was a good deal, especially since Universal resorts are so close to the parks to go back and forth. Before they gave free access to the health club for everyone, it was also a perk of club rooms, which provided more shower facilities to use too!

Thanks. Wonder if this is a new policy. Interested if anyone else has experienced it. I'd love that offer over at Royal Pacific since their King Suites are useless when you have 4 people.

True. I'm starting to wonder if they are holding more rooms back out of inventory, possibly from group holds, for last minute upgrades for platinum. Never thought to ask for club but i may next time no upgrades are available.

Added a day onto our May trip. Real-time on the website i saw no suites @ RP or SF. When i called into reservations, had my choice to be upgraded to either. That was a first that happened.

For July @ PB, again no suite upgrade but i was offered bay view @ the garden view rate.

Ive been waiting for a standard room at the Portofino bay to show up for APH rates first week of june and it hasn't happened yet. do they wait until last minute to release the inventory for standard rooms for annual passholders? its all either deluxe or lake view rooms

Ive been waiting for a standard room at the Portofino bay to show up for APH rates first week of june and it hasn't happened yet. do they wait until last minute to release the inventory for standard rooms for annual passholders? its all either deluxe or lake view rooms

There were never any Garden views available when it came out. Also, on regular, full rate bookings, I noticed garden views have been booked up for a while. I have been looking as well and not seen a change thus far. I can only suspect that time is popular enough there is no need to discount the rooms. I did book Bay View since it was still a better rate than I had at Royal Pacific. I will keep looking but it was more than I had initially expected to pay.

There were never any Garden views available when it came out. Also, on regular, full rate bookings, I noticed garden views have been booked up for a while. I have been looking as well and not seen a change thus far. I can only suspect that time is popular enough there is no need to discount the rooms. I did book Bay View since it was still a better rate than I had at Royal Pacific. I will keep looking but it was more than I had initially expected to pay.
Thanks roxy. They had standard rooms available on the aph rate a few days ago but you had to book 2 nights not 1 night and it would show up so i booked the 2 nights thinking i could then adjust the reservation to 1 night but it wouldnt let me so i cancelled. Has anyone done that over the phone with success perhaps?

. . . so i booked the 2 nights thinking i could then adjust the reservation to 1 night but it wouldnt let me so i cancelled. Has anyone done that over the phone with success perhaps?

I have NEVER had luck in this regard. Universal is very inflexible with pricing length of nights at their resorts . . . unfortunately.

They released some garden rooms with the aph rate last week. I was searching for June 3rd-10th when I saw them. They were only there for a few days. I think the rate was $254 but they are gone now. Must have booked up fast.

Thanks roxy. They had standard rooms available on the aph rate a few days ago but you had to book 2 nights not 1 night and it would show up so i booked the 2 nights thinking i could then adjust the reservation to 1 night but it wouldnt let me so i cancelled. Has anyone done that over the phone with success perhaps?

I'm looking at 4 nights so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too

For those interested they just released Garden view rooms for the first week of June under Aph rates :)

Also just noticed a 2 Q standard at RPR June 6-9 at APH rate. Doesn't work for me but hopefully someone can grab it!

I apologize if this is already answered, I'm sure it is but I just haven't been able to locate it. I recently figured that the lower tier annual passes are about the same price as the individual tickets we were going to get so I'm looking at getting those for our trip. Looking at the Universal site it sounds like there is an annual pass hotel rate, but if that isn't available annual pass holders also qualify for the Florida Resident Rate (even if they aren't residents). Am I reading that correctly?
Thanks!

I put in 6/4-6/9 and it shows availability at $249 night for garden view. Have you tried on the Lowes site?
Oh nvm lol I just realized you wanted the 5th-9th. That's a shame you could actually stay an extra night for almost the same price lol

Oh nvm lol I just realized you wanted the 5th-9th. That's a shame you could actually stay an extra night for the same price lol

Right now I have Bay View so I'm not complaining that much. But you know, saving 30 (or actually 40, geez) a night would be pretty nice too ;)

Looking at the Universal site it sounds like there is an annual pass hotel rate, but if that isn't available annual pass holders also qualify for the Florida Resident Rate (even if they aren't residents). Am I reading that correctly?
Thanks!

No - you can only use Florida Resident Rate if you live in Florida. I agree that the website can be confusing about Florida Resident rates. In fact, there was a time when the website [at least for me] always defaulted to the Florida rates and I would get all excited for nothing. :crazy:

Right now I have Bay View so I'm not complaining that much. But you know, saving 30 (or actually 40, geez) a night would be pretty nice too ;)

Like you, I'm hoping for a little lower rate since I am booked for Bay View in late May. BUT, part of me almost hopes it doesn't happen because I've never had a Bay View and it looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter