• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

App for removing text messages?

ckret01

DIS Veteran
I have an iPhone, and was wondering if there is an app that actually works to remove text messages off of the iPhone? I have been taking screen shots of the text messages but I have hundreds that I need for legal reasons. I have been searching and have not found one that I can trust and know it wont mess up. Thanks in adavanced

I have an iPhone, and was wondering if there is an app that actually works to remove text messages off of the iPhone? I have been taking screen shots of the text messages but I have hundreds that I need for legal reasons. I have been searching and have not found one that I can trust and know it wont mess up. Thanks in adavanced
I don't understand. You want to get rid of the text messages, or you want to move the screen shots to a long term storage solution?

I have an android, but any pictures/screen captures I take with my phone are automatically uploaded to my google photos account. Or, if I take a screen shot, I can upload it to google photos.

I'm a bit confused as to what you want to do, but if you simply don't delete them, they will be there forever...

I'm a bit confused as to what you want to do, but if you simply don't delete them, they will be there forever...

Technically they can still be erased. I have my phone set to delete old texts after 30 days. If one is important, I screenshot it but otherwise, it’s constantly deleting.

OP, if you want to keep all texts, find that setting and change it to keep always..or something along those lines.

If I’m understanding correctly, OP wants a way to upload the text messages to another device/computer/printer/whatever without having to screenshot them all.

I don’t know anything about that, but hopefully that clarification helps others?

Technically they can still be erased. I have my phone set to delete old texts after 30 days. If one is important, I screenshot it but otherwise, it’s constantly deleting.

OP, if you want to keep all texts, find that setting and change it to keep always..or something along those lines.

Interesting...I have mine to keep all and I *think* it's the default. I could certainly be wrong though, but once that is set, OP should be golden in terms of storage, right?

Interesting...I have mine to keep all and I *think* it's the default. I could certainly be wrong though, but once that is set, OP should be golden in terms of storage, right?

Yep. I’m pretty sure you’re right about it being the default. I changed mine because all my conversations were taking up so, so much memory.

Ummmmm.

So you want to delete messages. But you want to keep them?

So, back them up first, maybe?

Try searching "iphone sms backup"?

I don't know of anything that will "download" your text messages. But to save the screenshots more securely, you could buy an iPhone to USB device. I have one like this: https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Connector-HooToo-External-iPlugmate/dp/B019W8N4DU

Its very fast and easy to copy multiple photos (or screenshots) onto it. From there, you can opt to store them in the app that you download when you get the device, you can opt to store them right on the device, or you can plug the USB end into a computer to save them there.

I don't want to erase them at all. I was wondering if there was a way to copy them to my computer in an easy way rather than taking screen shots of hundreds of text messages and then sending them to my computer. I didn't know if there was an app that would take the whole text and copy it.

Last edited:
I don't want to erase them at all, I need them for court. Its about a year old thread of text messages and I was wondering if there was a way to copy them to my computer in an easy way rather than taking screen shots of hundreds of text messages and then sending them to my computer. I didn't know if there was an app that would take the whole text and copy it.
But don't they need to be still in the phone for court? Just seems it would be so easy to edit/change something if it was migrated to a different device or piece of software.
I watch too many Judge shows, but the Judges usually ask to see the texts on the phone they were received on, to verify they are legit.

You can print them out but I would keep them on the device and have that device available to the court so they can be viewed in their original format on the original device.

I don't want to erase them at all, I need them for court. Its about a year old thread of text messages and I was wondering if there was a way to copy them to my computer in an easy way rather than taking screen shots of hundreds of text messages and then sending them to my computer. I didn't know if there was an app that would take the whole text and copy it.

The OP has said she doesnt want to erase the messages at all. She still wants them on her device but wants an easier way to actually save them (as a backup, I assume), to a second device. She is currently taking a screen shot of the messages and then saving those to pics and then uploading to a second device (or cloud.) BUT if you have a year of text messages to save that's way too much screenshot/save.

There are apps and iTunes that can backup everything but that won’t really put it in a format you could present to the court, which is what I think you are looking for? Have you tried just selecting the whole string and then copy paste in Pages or Word or something? It might lose all formatting but at least it is backed up and printable.

Long press on the first message to get the pop up, then click More, select all of the messages you want to save, and then click the share button. You can put it all into one message which you can then copy paste into word. Messy but it gets the job done I think.

Just be really careful not to hit delete!!

If they are for court dont do away with them. I would leave them where they are. If you have an atty, let them decide how to deal with them.

One of my team members is having issues with her ex. She screen caps every conversation and prints them out. The attorney appreciated all the background and it's helped her case.

I would talk to your attorney and see what is required by your State.

I think the confusion comes from a typo - did the OP type "remove" when "move" was meant?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter