App Won't Load

bksomody

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I have an Android and my phone app won't load. The message I'm getting is "the remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict." I've had this problem for several months. A new problem is with my Ipad app. It just keeps loading.

I'm also having trouble with the same response. I rarely use a computer, I hope this gets fixed soon!

Ok, so it's not just me. i hope they fix it, it's so much easier to navigate through the app

I have an iPhone 5 and my Disboards app is not working either.
I've tried deleting it. Rebooting my phone and then reinstalling the app.
It just loads and gives me the same error message. Is there a different / new app to download ?

Did you read any of the previous posts about the app, like the one pinned at the very top of this forum?

In case you haven't read any of the information posted, you don't need the app anymore. Just open your browser and point to the same address you use on your computer. One of the big plusses of the new system is that it will format to any device automatically.

Did you read any of the previous posts about the app, like the one pinned at the very top of this forum?

Just FYI I had the same questions as OP. I'm always on Theme Parks and didn't see anything about this pinned there. Came to this HELP section as directed to do all over the site. The pinned item here doesn't even say "Having problems with Apps" or simply "DIS Apps No Longer Necessary!" -- that might help.

Not everyone will have had time to read through everything with all of the changes. And given that the site isn't even searchable yet, I would think A LOT of questions -- even those that live SOMEWHERE on the Board will be asked many times. I assume that's what this help section is about. :)

I'm not happy about the app "no longer being necessary." This new version is a nightmare to navigate on an iPad. Won't be visiting anytime soon, I guess.

I'm not happy about the app "no longer being necessary." This new version is a nightmare to navigate on an iPad. Won't be visiting anytime soon, I guess.

I use an iPad constantly and haven't noticed a difference. Are you holding your iPad vertically or horizontally? I use it horizontally, and it looks the same as on my laptop. If you want a direct link to the boards, you can hit the "Add to Homescreen" button for a shortcut.

For what it's worth (feedback), I'm having trouble posting replies from the "new site" vs. the old app on my iphone. Yes, it's an old iphone (4), but I had zero problems on the old app. My main issue is when I want to tap to put my cursor somewhere (like between multi-quotes or if I need to go back and change something) I can't, it just keeps going to a different place (the same place). I'm having a super hard time with that. I also find that opening the page vs. the app is much slower. As a rule, I embrace change, but I liked the old dedicated app. Please bring one back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter