• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Apparently" Refrigerators Are Coming To The Values!

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
It "appears" the long-rumored additon of refrigerators to the Value Resorts is going to happpen!:)

The below information is from Mouseplanet.

I am "assuming" that "beverage cooler" is "Disney" for small refrigerator.:)

What a great addition for the Values!:)

"All-Star Movies Resort – Beverage coolers will be installed in Guest rooms from January 23 to March 16. The installation will take place one floor at a time between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Guests will be notified via an in-room flier the day before the work is scheduled to take place."

Coffee makers would help me even more, but you're right, a fridge would be nice.

:)

If these beverage coolers are anything like the ones on DCL, they are NOT refrigerators. They don't make anything cold on it's own and doesn't get cold enough to keep dairy products from spoiling. On DCL you need to add a bucket of ice to get things to actually chill and to keep milk.

If these beverage coolers are anything like the ones on DCL, they are NOT refrigerators. They don't make anything cold on it's own and doesn't get cold enough to keep dairy products from spoiling. On DCL you need to add a bucket of ice to get things to actually chill and to keep milk.

If it's anything like the ones we had on the Dream and in our rooms at the Poly, if you close the door to the cabinet the fridge is closed into it won't work well..

We would leave the door open to the cabinet to it would get air in and it froze our stuff if we weren't careful :D

I wonder if a "beverage cooler" is different than a fridge. One of the amenities they put with mods is fridge and coffee maker. If they put those things in the values, it's less of a reason for someone to choose a mod. They need things like this to keep the difference in categories.

Well, at this point many people bring coolers and load up from the ice machines. I think it is a great idea to have at least something to keep a thing or two cold. Especially nice for those with babies or medicines that need to be kept cold. Frankly, the prices at the values haven't been all that low lately anyway and they have already differentiated for free dining and discounts at the values are usually a lower percentage.

Well, at this point many people bring coolers and load up from the ice machines. I think it is a great idea to have at least something to keep a thing or two cold. Especially nice for those with babies or medicines that need to be kept cold. Frankly, the prices at the values haven't been all that low lately anyway and they have already differentiated for free dining and discounts at the values are usually a lower percentage.

People with medical needs can get a fridge at values with the cost waived, and people who want it for children or other reasons can get one for a cost - I think $15-25/night, something around there.

People with medical needs can get a fridge at values with the cost waived, and people who want it for children or other reasons can get one for a cost - I think $15-25/night, something around there.

Yes, for medical need the fee was waived. The last time I paid for one the going rate was $10 per night.

Will it be taking place at the other Value's at the same time as All Star Movies?

When our DS was 9mths old back in 2005 we asked for a fridge (willing to pay for it) for the baby bottles when we checked in at POP. The CM said it was free for us seeing as that was what we needed it for. Maybe times have changed but I just assumed they still did that.

When our DS was 9mths old back in 2005 we asked for a fridge (willing to pay for it) for the baby bottles when we checked in at POP. The CM said it was free for us seeing as that was what we needed it for. Maybe times have changed but I just assumed they still did that.

I would consider that a need. People who want it to store soda and food would be charged, though. Unless the rumor of all rooms getting fridges is true.

It's somewhat rare these days to stay in a hotel without a fridge. So considering the increased value resort prices I think it's a required addition. Plus, they have been pretty fed up with all the fridge swapping that's been going on for the last few years. Perhaps that also has something to do with it.

One other thought....on my last stay at ASMu our room was just around the corner from the ice machine. There was a constant lake of water on the floor around the machine. They would clean it in the morning and within an hour or so the lake was back. I slipped in the water twice(didn't fall though) and wondered how many people fell and got hurt. It might be cheaper for WDW to put fridges in the rooms than to pay for injured guests.

Does anyone have a link to this article? I went to Mouseplanet and I can't find it.

It's about time Disney joins the rest of the hospitality industry by adding basics such as refrigerators or even beverage coolers. I won't believe it until I see an official confirmation though.

I'm approaching this with cautious optimism. The original rumor had refrigerators in all Value resort rooms by the end of September 2011. That didn't happen. Since this rumor won't die maybe there is something to it this time. Of course the rumor about a Disney park in Texas keeps popping up once in a while and that one's been kicked around for at least 15 years.

I'm curious what a "beverage cooler" looks like and what it's storage and cooling capacity really is. I can't imagine anything smaller than the mini fridges that are in the moderate resorts, but something is better than nothing and I guess with all the competition Disney wants the value resorts to continue to be viewed as a good "value". Now if they would add a coffeemaker, we would be really set; but I see that adding all that would compete too much with the moderate resort rooms.

I wonder if a "beverage cooler" is different than a fridge. One of the amenities they put with mods is fridge and coffee maker. If they put those things in the values, it's less of a reason for someone to choose a mod. They need things like this to keep the difference in categories.

I don't really see why the values have to be excluded from having refrigerators in order to keep a difference in category. For one thing, those staying in values are even more likely to have use for a fridge as they may be trying to save some money. It would seem that moving fridges back and forth around the resort would be a hassle and not that good for the fridges either. There are plenty of other things that separate the categories. Quite frankly, if one is paying $169 a night for a standard room at a value, then having a mini fridge does not seem too cushy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter