Appetite suppressants that work?

Katnmouse

Mouseketeer
I really want (and need) to take off 50-60 lbs...but I need help getting started. Have any of you found anything that helps "fill" you up or suppresses appetite? One of my biggest food issues is portion control. I know what amount I should eat, but I don't feel full or satisfied (or worry that I won't feel full or satisfied with a small serving) and usually have a piled high plate or have seconds (and pick at what's left in the bowls too, :rolleyes2. I need something to help me feel full at meals and control hunger between meals. Are there any vitamins/herbal supplements that really and truly work to aid weight loss? Can anyone offer some suggestions they have actually been successful with?:confused3
Thanks,
Kat

I dont have an answer for this but would love to find the same thing. I am not looking to lose weight but I have a problem stopping when full and am STARVING every 2 hours. It is aggravating and I am tired of obsessing over food.

I am in the same position right now (with respect to needing to lose 50 lbs.), but am weary of taking appetite suppressants as many of them have been found to have negative health side effects over time. I am doing a version of Atkins/South Beach diet - and I think it really helps with appetite suppression to eat lean proteins and vegetables and omitting carbs and sugar. I would like to eat all foods in moderation, but have difficulty with portion control and not snacking between meals.

Adipex (phentermine) prescription is really the only med that actually works for apatite suppressant. It can have some risks if you have blood pressure or heart issues. Chia sees work well. They swell when digested so they help fill you up

Drink a full glass of water before every meal. High fiber foods keep you feeling fuller longer. If you feel hungry, drink a glass of water. Ours bodies often mistake thirst for hunger.

Something to think about. A friend who knows a lot about food additives recently told me this, and others I've mentioned it to also knew it. Some friends are more mainstream than others, some have seen nutritionists,etc. I trust them and their knowledge base. The sugar dextrose, which is in lots and lots of foods in the US, irritates the stomach. When the stomach is irritated it makes you feel like you have hunger. This has been studied, apparently, for decades, and is well known to the food industry.

Once I learned this I started paying attention. Once I dropped dextrose from our diets, I noticed that my son, who is normally a bottomless pit, has actually filled up several times. I think that that's what was happening...he felt hungry, but it wasn't because he WAS hungry. It was that sugar ingredient in some of our foods.

Worth a try!

I follow weight watchers, and the biggest help for me is the zero point fruits and veggies. I make my plate big with those and that makes my mind happy. Then I'm sure to get my oils, sure to get protein especially when I'm working out hard, and even extra good fats like avocado. It's all portion control for me,plus the zero point produce to give me the cornucopia-plate effect. :)

I really want (and need) to take off 50-60 lbs...but I need help getting started. Have any of you found anything that helps "fill" you up or suppresses appetite? One of my biggest food issues is portion control. I know what amount I should eat, but I don't feel full or satisfied (or worry that I won't feel full or satisfied with a small serving) and usually have a piled high plate or have seconds (and pick at what's left in the bowls too, :rolleyes2. I need something to help me feel full at meals and control hunger between meals. Are there any vitamins/herbal supplements that really and truly work to aid weight loss? Can anyone offer some suggestions they have actually been successful with?:confused3
Thanks,
Kat

I dont have an answer for this but would love to find the same thing. I am not looking to lose weight but I have a problem stopping when full and am STARVING every 2 hours. It is aggravating and I am tired of obsessing over food.

I am in the same position right now (with respect to needing to lose 50 lbs.), but am weary of taking appetite suppressants as many of them have been found to have negative health side effects over time. I am doing a version of Atkins/South Beach diet - and I think it really helps with appetite suppression to eat lean proteins and vegetables and omitting carbs and sugar. I would like to eat all foods in moderation, but have difficulty with portion control and not snacking between meals.

I have struggled with my weight for years and I've tried everything under the sun but could never get my appetite or my eating under control. I have 2 daughters (13 and 3). I want to be healthy for both of them. I want to be good role models for both of them and always felt so discouraged and feeling like I failed each and every time.
A few months ago a friend of mine introduced me to a Company called VISI. They are a Health and Wellness Company. I tried a 10 day trial pack of their Vinnle and Probita and lost 7 lbs which was great but the best part was that I was NOT hungry, I had a ton of energy, no jitters or fast heartbeat. ALSO, my sugar and soda craving decreased by about 90% (I'm not exaggerating lol).. Our family went on a Cruise about a week later and I didn't order more product so I stop using it (I'm always a skeptic). So while I kept the 7 lbs off I just continued to watch my close friends while they kept on using the VISI products and they kept losing weight, their energy was amazing, the Hydrolyzed Protein Collagen in the Probita was making their skin look amazing. I have friends who say their muscle/joint pain has decreased, their mood has improved and one has gone off her depression meds (with approval from her doctor. So I couldn't resist and bought a 30 day supply. I've been taking the Vinnle and Probita again for 2 weeks and I've lost 10lbs and feel great! What I love about this company is that they are 100% up front with all of the ingredients in their products that they have "White Papers" (lists all ingredients what those ingredients do for you) and encourage you to share them with your doctor. I can PM you with more information if you are wanting it. :)
Kristie
Mom of 2 from Iowa:cloud9:

I'm sort of following wheat belly which means no wheat , pasta, sugar...
I started when I had bronchitis and very little appetite so I got thru the cravings.
I'm not dropping weight like crazy but I am losing weight and feeling good-don't have much time to exercise right now- but I'm never hungry- eating meat veggies nuts lots more veggies cheese avocados etc - I haven't had time to totally research the diet so right now I'm doing the best I can- it does discourage beans but I include a small amount most days as my body even with huge amounts of leafy greens needs beans.
Easy for summer salads with veggies strips of grilled/sautéed meat avocado, mustard vinaigrette winter will be soups and veggie chili with meat
BfAst plain Greek yogurt with a few blueberries ( hope this is on diet it works for me)

I would basically echo everything Bumbershoot and BabyTigger said. Drink lots of water, eat smaller amounts more frequently and fill your plate with veggies. I have lost 125 pounds without using any drugs, supplements or gimmicks.

the natural way suggestion I have is to food journal and keep within your chosen calorie goal for 2-3 weeks. doing so will shrink your stomach and you will fill up faster

that said, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance which is common in people who are overweight. I started taking Metformin to treat the insulin resistance which happened to reduce my appetite and craving for sweets. Actually if I eat too much sugar I get a stomach ache. It's like a vicious cycle..overweight so have insulin resistance which leads to being overweight. It's not a fix-all, but if you maybe considering asking your doctor to check you for insulin resistance

Any kind of appetite suppressant/fat burner that you can get online or on the shelf at a health store/walmart/wherever is NOT going to be good for you. They're chock full of chemicals, caffeine, and will leave you feeling jittery, nauseous, head ache-y and even with possible heart problems.

Take it from someone who tried pretty much everything under the sun started at 16, it's just not worth it.

Keep filled up on protein & fibre filled foods, I try to include as much protein into my meals as possible, sub in quinoa instead of rice/potatoes, eggs, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, everything. Drink water, and lots of it, I also find hot tea (no white sugar obviously) or even just hot water and lemon REALLY works to "fill up" your stomach when you don't need to be eating. It's all about self control which can be a HUGE struggle to overcome, keep things like fruit on the counter, and cucumber slices instead of chips kinda thing. I find myself over eating at work out of boredom & needing something to do with my hands, keep occupied, and I'm okay.

Don't limit your carbs, it will have a negative effect later. Try the rawtill4 diet. Unlimited fruit (natural fructose) keeps the brain happy, when brain is on a sugar high, you're less likely to eat. After 4 pm you can have cooked veggies, but in fruit after. Lots of water too! You will be amazed at how full you feel with all the fruit/veggies in your belly. And it comes out bc of the fiber, lol.

Google freelee the banana girl, or 30 bananas a day she is phenomenal

Eat healthy balanced meals, count calories (or points), drink water, find healthy versions of foods you love. Exercise. Period. Don't do anything resembling a diet that you can't sustain for the rest of your life. This is just my opinion based on 125 pounds of weight loss and over a year of keeping it off.

Adipex worked for me. Also Omnutrition has great supplements. They have Garcinia Cambogia, its 50% HCA, which it needs to be. Good luck.

I try to drink a lot of water and also heard eating about 10 almonds 15 min before you sit down to a meal will help. I know the new thing is Garcinia Cambogia, but it has to have a very high content in the pill for it to work, and some are filled with more fillers than anything else. I have also tried to cut down on consuming too many products with sugar as well as processed foods. I just recently lost 12 lbs in about 2 weeks on this new diet and shake system, and have never felt better. I'm trying to get down another 45-50lbs and nothing has ever worked before. I've done the weight watchers, shakeology, body by Vi and other over the counter products which have never worked. Hopefully I can continue to lose. As far as appetite suppressants, I am also looking for something that is natural with no prescription needed.

Coffee and foods that are high in protein/fat keeps me feeling full for a long time. Often in the morning my double shot latte with a little bit of honey keeps me going until its almost lunch time and a scoop of cottage cheese and half an avocado keeps my afternoon munchies in check as well.

In the end its calories in, calories out but feeling full sure does make it easier to curb the "in" part! :thumbsup2

I too am a chronic over eater, I rarely if ever get that "full" filling, and I love food.

I recently took the Advocare 24 day challenge, and made a mental decision to STICK to the program. I completed the challenge, and I'm in week 6 of now mindfully watching what I eat, and making better choices, I've lost 16 pounds with no exercise. (I need to start exercising, but I haven't been able to mindfully execute that decision yet.)

I'm not sure if Advocare gave me an edge or not, was it there product? or was it me saying enough, I'm no longer going to be a slave to food, or was it both? Personally I feel like there product worked for me, I would like to continue using them, but they are kinda pricey. (at least for my budget).

OP I know how you feel. My health is now in danger. Once that switch flips in your head, you'll be able to gain control again. I went to one of my favorite restaurants this past Sunday, the same meal that I normally eat all of, I pushed away. It was one of the HARDEST things I've ever done, but I did it!! Instead of engorging myself on one giant plate of food, I pushed half of it away, and enjoyed it for lunch the next day. Mind over matter.

I also believe what some of the other posters have said about sugar. Sugar is a drug, more addictive than cocaine. If you can detox from sugar, I promise your life will change.

Trust me, no one wishes more than me that there was some magical pill. Or that I was one of the lucky few who could eat everything under the sun, and not gain weight. I love food. At some point you have to want to take control again and be mindful of what your putting in your body. Nothing and no one can help you until you make that mental decision, but once you do, nothing can stop you.

Best of luck to you. :flower3::flower3::flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter