• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Appetizers on the DxDDP

djs7685

Mouseketeer
Okay so I have a week long trip coming up in the fall and it'll be our first time on the DxDDP. We've used the standard DDP so we understand that some entrees come with an upcharge, additional side items must be paid OOP, etc. The part that I'm not 100% sure on is when it comes to appetizers..

Some restaurants have salad and/or soup in a different section than with the appetizers, can you get a salad instead of the standard app or is this something else that's up to the discretion of the CM? What about sushi at CA Grill specifically? How about the assorted cheese plates that are generally a bit more expensive than other apps? I'm not trying to swap out our apps for a side item or extra dessert or anything like that, mostly just trying to figure out if there's a hard rule for appetizers like there is for entrees. The entrees that require an upcharge or more dining credits are clearly marked but I wasn't sure what the deal was for apps.

Just curious if there are exact rules for these items or if it's something I won't know the answer to until we get to each restaurant. Thanks for any help with this!

I can’t speak for every restaurant, but I have found that soups and salads are included as appetizers. Cheese plates are as well.

At Cali Grill you can order sushi as an app as well as the flat breads.

I don’t think there’s an official rule so you may have to wait and see, but I can’t think of a place we’ve eaten at that soups and salads weren’t included unless it was a salad specifically listed under the entree section.

^^^that was our experience in May. I don't remember any upcharges other than Waygu beef on a couple of menus. We never paid any. We shared a lot meals and still were STUFFED! I am gaining weight just thinking about it...yum!
The only downside is that we had some whoppers of tips to leave--good to prepare for it by looking at menus in advance--because we ordered a lot of expensive food! But we really got great service...sometimes it was a bit slow, but never bad. So we felt good about it.
At a couple of places--maybe Teppan Edo and Cali Grill or Morimoto--you could get sushi as your entree. I think you got two rolls, but I am not completely sure about it. Somebody else may know it for sure.
Also we got a cheese plate at Cali Grill for a dessert!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter