• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apple buy Disney

popy

Mouseketeer
Apple would buy The Walt Disney Company for $275 billion on July 4, 2022.
any body hearing this? herd it before, but it raising it’s head again.
stocks are looking like things are on the run one way or the other.

Well I see that has been mentioned on a other post,
but never seen a date before. Anyway maybe nothing new,
sorry for the second post.

It won't happen, consider that Apple didn't even go after MGM. Just because Apple could do a thing doesn't mean they would or would even consider it.

Now a year or so ago when it was discussed I was like oh hell no, but today anything to get rid of Chapek would be my thought. Apple would only want Disney for the production aspect and IP, I could almost see them spin off the Parks. But who knows what Marvel & Star Wars have in their sale agreements with Disney should it be purchased.

Gossip pages, who think of themselves as "idea discussion" pages, like to bring back up gossip so folks will share it as fact and keep it rolling. :rolleyes:

It's actually not that far fetched. Bob Iger speculated it would have happened if Steve Jobs hadn't died. He has said as much publicly and included it in his book.

However, the current Apple is not interested in owning Disney, MGM, or any other legacy company. I personally think the only reason they bid on anything is to drive up the price for their competitors.

Apple has stayed pretty core to its mission under Tim Cook—iPhone, iPad, Macs and Services.

Everything they make, everything they do is to sell more iPhones.

I do think they should sponsor the Imagination Pavilion though. It needs a long-term sponsor, they can easily afford it and Apple is practically one of the few companies that elicits that creative theme. It fits well with their marketing. Reopen the rainbow tunnel. Turn the current DVC lounge into an Apple Store where people can purchase extra cables, batteries, cases, etc.

I wonder if it would pass EU and FTC/SEC scrutiny. Apple is already huge in the media spectrum. With Disney being huge in that too, there could be issues. More than Amazon buying MGM.

I wonder if it would pass EU and FTC/SEC scrutiny. Apple is already huge in the media spectrum. With Disney being huge in that too, there could be issues. More than Amazon buying MGM.

It will never happen because Apple doesn't want to own theme parks or legacy products. And if Time Warner/ATT and NBC/Comcast/Universal passed, Apple/Disney would pass. There would be a lot of political hub hub about it, but it would pass.

1. Disney doesn't compete in app stores, music services, phones or computers. Apple doesn't have a television network, theme parks or studios.
2. Neither are a market leader in streaming. Apple TV+ & Disney+ together would only get you the 3rd largest streaming service. Currently, Disney+ is the 4th largest streaming service.

There's not much they could hang them on. I guess you could complain about their size, but it won't hold up in court.

It will never happen because Apple doesn't want to own theme parks or legacy products. And if Time Warner/ATT and NBC/Comcast/Universal passed, Apple/Disney would pass. They're would be a lot of political hub hub about it, but it would pass.

1. Disney doesn't compete in app stores, music services, phones or computers. Apple doesn't have a television network, theme parks or studios.
2. Neither are a market leader in streaming. Apple TV+ & Disney+ together would only get you the 3rd largest streaming service. Currently, Disney+ is the 4th largest streaming service.

There's not much they could hang them on. I guess you could complain about their size, but it won't hold up in court.
I think ATT and Comcast were in a different era. The EU didn't look as closely then. The EU and US are pretty anti-big tech right now too. Apple does have a studio. That's where their original content is coming from. However, it's not the same as Disney's. Disney does have a music label, but it's for their own music. I agree that Apple wouldn't want Disney. It doesn't make any sense for them.

I think ATT and Comcast were in a different era. The EU didn't look as closely then. The EU and US are pretty anti-big tech right now too. Apple does have a studio. That's where their original content is coming from. However, it's not the same as Disney's. Disney does have a music label, but it's for their own music. I agree that Apple wouldn't want Disney. It doesn't make any sense for them.

Apple doesn't own a studio yet. Everything from Apple TV+ is licensed or co-produced. Supposedly, they're going to build a "mixed use" one in Culver City, but who knows if that will happen. They do a lot of promo stuff for Apple Music and are trying to build up Apple Podcasts, so it could just as easily be for that also.

Apple would buy The Walt Disney Company for $275 billion on July 4, 2022.
any body hearing this? herd it before, but it raising it’s head again.
stocks are looking like things are on the run one way or the other.
People, this is taken directly from Fandom.Com Wiki called "New Ideas" and it is clearly labeled as conjecture; the person who posted it calls themselves AndySlayer and it based on speculation of what would have happened had Comcast purchased Disney, which was written by someone called MarvelDCandFantasyFanBoy12 so, y'know, clearly this is all very real and is supposed to be taken seriously. :P

It's also 7 months old.

Disney clearly needs MAJOR IT help. I really don't understand why they are such a disaster in this arena. They are such a huge company and there's absolutely no excuse.
In the corporate world IT is considered a cost center not a profit center, so it is one of the first things that get Icut.

I have worked in IT for over 35+ years. about 25 years ago I worked at Fortune 500 company that had operations in the Orlando area. Being a life long Disney fan I thought I may eventually get a job at Disney. However once I relocated to Orlando for the job at the Fortune 500 company. Disney was regarded as a place to avoid if you were a competent IT professional.

The annual salaries were low while the expected work hours were high. While the extra benefits like free theme park tickets was enticing, the quality of life was out of balance. Needless to say I never applied for a Disney job.

So short answer you get what you pay for and Disney is on the skimpy side. Thus their IT issues.

In the corporate world IT is considered a cost center not a profit center, so it is one of the first things that get Icut.

I have worked in IT for over 35+ years. about 25 years ago I worked at Fortune 500 company that had operations in the Orlando area. Being a life long Disney fan I thought I may eventually get a job at Disney. However once I relocated to Orlando for the job at the Fortune 500 company. Disney was regarded as a place to avoid if you were a competent IT professional.

The annual salaries were low while the expected work hours were high. While the extra benefits like free theme park tickets was enticing, the quality of life was out of balance. Needless to say I never applied for a Disney job.

So short answer you get what you pay for and Disney is on the skimpy side. Thus their IT issues.
This is unfortunate. I worked at Apple for a number of years and it was a wonderful company to work for. I had great salary, great benefits, and as a woman in a tech company (in a tech department) I never felt any kind of discrimination or ill treatment like some female colleagues in other tech roles. Disney would be better for doing IT the Apple way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter