Apple Pay

I think I've brought up a couple times that I will use different cards depending on what the purchase is. How easy is it to switch between accounts with Apple/Google Pay?

Very. In both Google and Garmin you just swipe to the card you want.

With Google, and likely Apple but I don't know for sure, it isn't just payment cards you can keep in there. I have my gym membership card, my shopping cards, my library card, my science center annual pass, and even my Cedar Point annual pass. Some other vendors also link with Google, like Ticketmaster, so you can link any virtual tickets you have with Google so it will work offline.

Any terminal that accepts tap credit cards, which is the majority from what I see around me, will accept NFC.

Just an FYI.....I had my Disney Visa Chase credit card in my iPhone Mobile Wallet and loved it there.

Then Chase called me to say they suspected something fishy. There was a food delivery charge (I have NEVER EVER used a food delivery service of any kind) from Uber Eats. They felt this wrongful charge was generated by Uber, which I had taken often at Disney World a few weeks prior.

Chase told me to get any credit card OUT of Apple Wallet. They said it was the absolute #1 reason for illegal charges that they handle. They said never put back in.

Just an FYI.....I had my Disney Visa Chase credit card in my iPhone Mobile Wallet and loved it there.

Then Chase called me to say they suspected something fishy. There was a food delivery charge (I have NEVER EVER used a food delivery service of any kind) from Uber Eats. They felt this wrongful charge was generated by Uber, which I had taken often at Disney World a few weeks prior.

Chase told me to get any credit card OUT of Apple Wallet. They said it was the absolute #1 reason for illegal charges that they handle. They said never put back in.
This is probably because Chase wants you to use Paze instead.

Apple Pay doesn't even use your card # when purchases are made it generates a unique #.

Chase could see if it was actually an Apple Pay transaction or not and your activity would show it.

Does your Uber account store your credit card or did you actually Apple Pay each time?

1689955124158.png1689955228391.png

This is probably because Chase wants you to use Paze instead.

Apple Pay doesn't even use your card # when purchases are made it generates a unique #.

Chase could see if it was actually an Apple Pay transaction or not and your activity would show it.

Does your Uber account store your credit card or did you actually Apple Pay each time?

View attachment 779421View attachment 779422
Uber stored the card. Never heard / saw anything about Paze so doubt they wanted me to use it with no advertisement to me of any kind.

Decided I felt better having the card OUT of Wallet as they suggested.

Uber stored the card. Never heard / saw anything about Paze so doubt they wanted me to use it with no advertisement to me of any kind.

Decided I felt better having the card OUT of Wallet as they suggested.
Yea it it was stored it would show as online like my lyft picture above.
It is not an apple pay issue I would say.

I had not heard of paze either until my last statement on one of my cards mentioned it.

1689955659096.png

https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/paze-faqs

My guess is they will get some sort of cut of merchant fees instead of Apple or Google if you do Google Pay.

Chase always has an angle.

Yea it it was stored it would show as online like my lyft picture above.
It is not an apple pay issue I would say.

I had not heard of paze either until my last statement on one of my cards mentioned it.

View attachment 779423

https://www.chase.com/digital/digital-payments/paze-faqs

My guess is they will get some sort of cut of merchant fees instead of Apple or Google if you do Google Pay.

Chase always has an angle.
Thank you for the information. Even though I'm old, I do like to keep up with what's going on so I don't sound dumb (I think I'm might be too late with that one). :)

Thank you for the information. Even though I'm old, I do like to keep up with what's going on so I don't sound dumb (I think I'm might be too late with that one). :)
No certainly not dumb that is just what Chase told you.

I would probably have done the same as I wouldn't want to deal with unauthorized charges either.

From what I can tell also, only about 50-60% of the pay terminals I've gone through have accepted "tap" (which is more of a "hold" than a "tap").
Many pay points I've come across here accept contactless now, even parking meters and fuel points. It's not 100% accepted though!

That's because they aren't declaring all their income on their tax return :D
The American Way.
Not billing one year's work until the next year to avoid getting pushed into a higher tax bracket.
Making equipment purchases this year instead of next to lower your tax bracket.

Last edited:
Or they are just a front for something else.

Maybe someone needs to take a closer look at that cheese shop that @tvguy shops at...
A think you need to look no further than the cheese in, cheese out records. That place is always packed.

Not like a Barber Shop near my house where the one time I went in they seem offended that I wanted a hair cut. Never anybody in there, and not sure how it stays open, (WINK)

Just went to dinner and they brought us a reader. First time for us. I just held my watch up to it. I hate sitting around waiting for them to bring us a check and then waiting for them to collect it so this was very nice.

Just went to dinner and they brought us a reader. First time for us. I just held my watch up to it. I hate sitting around waiting for them to bring us a check and then waiting for them to collect it so this was very nice.

I LOVE when restaurants use those! Gives me Disney restaurant Magic Band tap to pay vibes. Boop!

Ah, in Europe there is no prompt for tip. So nice.
The ones I have experienced in the states are on iPhone/tablet devices with screens that you then click the corresponding button which are generally 20%, 22.5%, 25% and “custom” allowing you to put in an amount.

Obviously times have changed as the range I grew up with was 15, 18 or 20% but what irks me more is these buttons are calculating the tip on the total bill not the subtotal without tax as it should be.

I still carry physical cards, but never cash. I will use ApplePay sometimes, but never have tried using it from my watch.

The ones I have experienced in the states are on iPhone/tablet devices with screens that you then click the corresponding button which are generally 20%, 22.5%, 25% and “custom” allowing you to put in an amount.

Obviously times have changed as the range I grew up with was 15, 18 or 20% but what irks me more is these buttons are calculating the tip on the total bill not the subtotal without tax as it should be.
This was a dedicated reader that looked almost like one of the old giant cellphones tipped on its side with tap/mobile pay at the top, a screen with detailed bill and tip options in the middle and a place to insert your card at the bottom. You could even print a physical receipt from it, add your email for a digital receipt or select no receipt. Our server dropped it off like you would a traditional bill so no hovering. If I were to receive tip options calculated on total vs subtotal I’d select custom. I hail from a tipping town though so I don’t feel any kind of pressure or worry what they think if I select something other than what is presented.

That's because they aren't declaring all their income on their tax return :D

Exactly like many cash only places that exist in the UK. They also don't want to pay credit card fees which can be around 2.5 - 3%, more for AMEX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter