• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apple Scooter- Not Recommended

I officially cancelled Apple. He was very nice, didn't ask questions and said I should see my refund in 4-5 days. I hope it doesn't turn into a headache.
Hopefully all goes well with Buena Vista. Mom is mobile, she's almost 80 though and not used to the Florida heat, nor all the walking Disney requires. We plan on staying at the resort our first day so she can get accustomed to it. Hoping for the best!

I know apple doesn't rent the best scooters. But I rent cheap and you can't get much cheaper. They do break down occasionally but have almost always been there within 20 minutes. Only one time I had a major wait. I know what I get when I rent and am willing to accept a problem occasionally as long as the response is quick. And for the most part it has been. You get what you pay for and I understand that. Have rented from them twice a year for over 5 years.

I know apple doesn't rent the best scooters. But I rent cheap and you can't get much cheaper. They do break down occasionally but have almost always been there within 20 minutes. Only one time I had a major wait. I know what I get when I rent and am willing to accept a problem occasionally as long as the response is quick. And for the most part it has been. You get what you pay for and I understand that. Have rented from them twice a year for over 5 years.

We spend some much for our trip(s) to Orlando I just can't imagine renting scooters based on price only just to save a few dollars which, if they breakdown could cause a few hours or a day of wasted time and aggravation. Just my opinion, better to spend a little extra to get scooters that are well maintained and don't breakdown,

This past Novemver I rented a wheelchair from BPmobility (best price mobility). I dithered between a wheelchair and an ECV, but I was staying off property and wasn't sure if we could easily fit the size of scooter I would need in the car we were renting.

Customer service from them was great. They took nothing, no deposit or payment until the week before the rental, and they were not only on time (arranged 8am delivery and pickup) but they were actually early. Showed us all around the wheelchair (I had gone for a heavier sturdier one) and were fab to deal with. Answered emails straight away, and were very helpful on the phone talking through my options. If I were staying on property and not worried about transporting in the rental car I wouldn't hesitate to rent an ECV from them, and would happily recommend them to anyone looking. And I think they are a featured agency so could be left at bell services for those looking for a reliable featured company.

Next trip I have looked into Walker and they have a good sized one that breaks down and lasts all day, and they have good write ups, so even before reading this thread I had already settled on them.

Hope this helps and gives people another positive option. What I've read here about Apple is just shocking :(. I do hope Disney acts on the info and drops them. More people should complain to Disney as well, as it does reflect poorly on them.

We had a good experience in 2013 but this has me wondering if we should go with another company for the fall. Which company do you think would be better?
I use WALKER MOBILITY and they were awesome!! My scooter will not keep charge so I called Walker Mobility and they told me they would meet me by test track at Epcot. As I was sitting there waiting for my two daughters and my husband to ride he drove right up with the new scooter. It was only about 15 minutes from the time I called them until I had a new scooter no questions asked!

I have to say I have rented from Apple many times and never had a problem. As far as I know they are the only ones who give free insurance. I would hate to have to pay for a new scooter if someone stole it.

Just returned from our trip that I rented from Walker on two different occasions. I had pets for the Go Go for both. I had an issue on day one right after City Walk security at Universal were the scooter just kept beeping at me after turning on and would not move anymore. Called Walker and they brought a replacement within 10 minutes. Since they were out of GoGos, they brought me the bigger one. The guy who brought it told me Walker is thinking about phasing out the GoGos because the electronic in the scooter tries to act up in the Florida heat. He first exchanged the battery to see if it was faulty (he had brought and extra one) but it still kept beeping. He was very nice about the whole thing. It was nice having the extra battery power of the larger model for Universal since we were walking to the park from the hotel but I couldn't put my backpack on the seat since the back was too wide so I had rearrange my camera stuff into two different bags which was kind of awkward.

The second rental for Disney was again a GoGo. I had no issues with it at all! It lasted me from rope drop to midnight park closure without an issues. I was glad I had the smaller model because it was so easy to get it on and off the bus.

I'd most recommend Walker to anyone!

I used Apple in 2012 and had a nightmare with them--it died in Epcot/WS in Germany! I managed to get it charged enough to get back to the resort and of course called them and they couldn't get a new one to me until the next day! We had ADRs at DAK so they said they would deliver there--then left me at the front gate waiting for them for almost two hours (and kept telling me "he's almost there"--never again. Sticking with Buena Vista.

I had a horrid time with Walker in the past, filthy dirty scooters, dented scooters, frequent breakdowns. Once I broke down in the back of Epcot near Germany and they requested I bring the scooter to the front of the pak. Thank goodness Disney Cast Members assisted me as my leg is paralyzed and walking that fa bras out of the question.

On my last two trips, I used Buena Vista Scooters 407-938-0349
They are fantastic, best Customer Service ever !! Last trip I rented aVictory Pride 10, it's the same scooter that I have at home. The delivered a brand new one to the resort and I had no conferns whatsoever. I just booked for my fall Universal / Disney trip for September / October, and was given a 10 % discount, YAY !

I had a horrid time with Walker in the past, filthy dirty scooters, dented scooters, frequent breakdowns. Once I broke down in the back of Epcot near Germany and they requested I bring the scooter to the front of the pak. Thank goodness Disney Cast Members assisted me as my leg is paralyzed and walking that fa bras out of the question.

On my last two trips, I used Buena Vista Scooters 407-938-0349
They are fantastic, best Customer Service ever !! Last trip I rented aVictory Pride 10, it's the same scooter that I have at home. The delivered a brand new one to the resort and I had no conferns whatsoever. I just booked for my fall Universal / Disney trip for September / October, and was given a 10 % discount, YAY !
Sorry to hear that. I had great success with Walker (prior to purchasing). They also offer repeat customer discounts and discounts for referrals. I found them to be extremely accommodating. When a friend called me in tears at our home airport because her husband forgot her scooter seat, I called Walker with all of her info and they had a rental all ready to go for her within 4 hours!! And at a great price since I referred her! I guess to each his/her own though.

Sorry to hear that. I had great success with Walker (prior to purchasing). They also offer repeat customer discounts and discounts for referrals. I found them to be extremely accommodating. When a friend called me in tears at our home airport because her husband forgot her scooter seat, I called Walker with all of her info and they had a rental all ready to go for her within 4 hours!! And at a great price since I referred her! I guess to each his/her own though.

I agree with stitchlovestink, always have had great service with Walker for many years now. Never had to wait and NEVER any dented or filthy scooters.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

We rented last August from Apple (manual wheelchair), and it was practically new. Worked fine. It was waiting at the bell services at Pop when we arrived.

This spring we rented from them again, and the wheelchair was in bad shape. In retrospect, I should have called and asked for a replacement, but that's my bad for not doing so. It worked just fine, but the armrests cushioning was kind of falling apart, and one of the handles to push was loose. It was one that I would recommend them get rid of!

I'm going to shop around for another company for our next trip late August now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter