Application For New Passport - Recent Turnaround Time?

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
Wife and I have applied for our first passport for a cruise the middle of May.

Our status shows In Process from a date of 2/21/23.

I did not do expedited service.

I know it shows taking 8 - 11 weeks.

Has anyone received their passport recently that can tell me how long it took?

We sent the kids passports in the week before Thanksgiving and we received them in January.

My husband submitted his renewal on January 13 and it still says In Process.

My kids have a date of 1/4/23....3 of the 4 were received last week (2 new, 1 renewal). We are still waiting on the 2nd renewal.

Hubs and I had a date of 1/6 on our renewals and received them around 2/14.

I applied Mar 31st with expedited service for a new passport for a work trip. As of Jul 2nd, still not received.

I got my sons passport in two days. Sure, I paid extra...but it was worth it. From what my sister told me though, the turn around time can be quite long if you mail it in.

My daughter received hers in the mail right at 13 weeks, which is currently their estimated timeframe
Edited to add she received her identity documents back approximately 3 weeks after the passport

Last edited:
Submitted renewals for the kids on April 24 and received them today, so 12 weeks. They showed as in process two days ago when I checked, but were in our mailbox today and when I looked online today out of curiosity the status had changed to approved, but clearly they didn’t change it until they had already shipped,

I did expedited with one day delivery going and coming back.
Waiting at the 5 week mark today

My kids already had passports, but needed to get new ones because they were under age 16 when got the first ones. So it wasn't technically a renewal, but it also wasn't starting from scratch. Did not do expedited and it took a little over 12 weeks to get new ones.

Took my daughter to renew passport on August 8, 2023. She still had a 5 year passport. Now getting a 10 year one. Paid for expedited service. Clerk told us expect it sometime in October. But the passport came in the mail today. Took one month. I'm in NY.

We got my husband's passport renewed. We sent it in July 13th and paid for expedited. We got it back after 7 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter