Approved Iphone Stick at Disney

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
I know selfie sticks are banned, however, I also know some sticks are approved.

Is there is list of approved sticks that I can possibly purchase on Amazon?

TIA

TIA

TIA
Not sure if there is an “approved list” rather what is banned “selfie sticks” which disney lists as a handheld extension device for mobile phone and cameras https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

I have seen the handheld ones that DONT extend in the park but I’m not sure those are “approved” or simply get through security...

What are you looking to do with it? That might help people guide you :)

On Disney Park's Mom's Panel I found this:
"You are correct that Selfie Sticks are on the Restricted Personal Items list. Generally these poles extend at least a foot away from the holder, and can become quite the nuisance when many of them are extended to full length in the same area. I'm happy to say that a small, non-telescoping, handheld stabilizer for an action camera or mobile phone is completely welcome, as are the kind of mounts that you might wear on a hat or backpack. You can even bring in small tripod, such as the kind that wraps around a mounted surface." (https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...cks-not-allowed-parks-dji-osmo-mobile-370343/)

That being said, I do not know much about those type of devices so I have no personal suggestions, however unless someone gives a response, I would suggest to simply do your research and try to find something that fits into this this exact description.

Gimbals are approved. Someone mentioned this above, referring to them as “stabilizers”. They help to make better quality video from your phone by balancing your phone so it does not shake as much. You can also use it like a selfie stick to take still photos, it just doesn’t extend quite as long. We brought our gimbal last year and security saw it and most of the time they quickly passed us through. However, a few times my husband had to explain to them that it was a gimbal and not a selfie stick that fully extended and they almost were not going to let him bring it in. If you just want a selfie stick for group pictures, is it really necessary? Anywhere there is a cast member photographer, they will also use your cell phone to take a picture for you, if you ask them. Having a gimbal makes security take longer, especially if they question the item like they did to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter