Après-WDW Drinks?

wallyb

<font color=blue>Love My Stella-rella!<br><font co
Here’s the picture -
It's been a big day of fun at WDW
and now you and your significant other want
to have a nice :drinking: drink before dinner
on site.

What's the best "Watering Hole" for this leisurely drink?
And a fave specialty drink if you have one?

Oh my, that is a tough question! I love the Contemporary, so I always stop for a Martini at the Outer Rim. The pool bar at the AKL is so relaxing, but not open in the evenings. African sunrise is the best drink there. The outside bar in Mexico is nice, the margaritas are weak, and it can be quite noisy. Buying real Champagne in France and sitting outside to people watch is nice.

Also depends on where we are having dinner. A tall Iced Tea, long island style is also good at the end of a hot day.

If your over near EPCOT or MGM I always love going to the Boardwalk and having a cocktail at the Belle Vue Room its a nice quiet are with areas for boardgames and an outdoor balcony you can have your drink. I go here every trip with either family friends or boytoy(s) :banana: We've always been treated fabulously even when I showed up with a few in me already and it was gay days week so we were ready to have fun and be open.

Hope you like it its one of my favs

One of our favorite lounges is Victoria Falls in AKL. Love the atmosphere, cozy and a nice place to drink.

Biggest disappointment in lounges was the bar at the Poly, Disney had a chance of doing something truely fabulous with a tiki theme and blew it.

I was going to mention Victoria Falls at AKL (followed by dinner at Jiko), but iankh beat me to it.

Too many options! I like to hit the pool bars at various hotels - Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are my favorites. At the Animal Kingdom I have to stop by the Dawa bar to have a drink and watch the performers. I like the Belle Vue Room too ... nice to have a glass of wine and sit outside in the evening. I used to like the Catwalk in MGM but alas that's gone. At Epcot a stop at the Rose and Crown is mandatory!

Wow - I better stop listing places otherwise everyone will start to think that I have a problem!

Saxton said:
Too many options! I like to hit the pool bars at various hotels - Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are my favorites. At the Animal Kingdom I have to stop by the Dawa bar to have a drink and watch the performers. I like the Belle Vue Room too ... nice to have a glass of wine and sit outside in the evening. I used to like the Catwalk in MGM but alas that's gone. At Epcot a stop at the Rose and Crown is mandatory!

Wow - I better stop listing places otherwise everyone will start to think that I have a problem!

Ok so the Rose and Crown the only place in Disney I entered doing the Can Can dance :yay: Gay Days week it was dinner time and we started with margaritas for lunch at Mexico and worked our way around. BTW we went in kicking because we heard a bunch O' Queens singing inside :yay:

I agree that the Victoria Falls lounge was great. It overlloked the restaurant below. Great atmosphere.

We also tried the lounge at the Polynesian. We sat at the bar next to where the bartender made her drinks. We must have sat there for 15 minutes before she acknowledged we were there and finally got us drinks. Needless to say we were very unimpressed. However we took our drinks out to the dock overlooking the lagoon just in time to see the water pageant show at about 9:30pm that night. Has anyone else seen this? It is a parade of water floats with lights and musical....sort of a mini-electrical parade on the lagoon that stops in front of each of the MK resorts and puts on a show. This turned out great and the lousy service was soon forgiven...but aparently not forgotten.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter