April 17, 2004 -- anyone going with us?

outahere

DIS Veteran
We're (myself, DW and DS9) booked on the 4/17/04, 7 night eastern. Anyone going with us?

This will be our second Disney cruise and first 7 day as well.

Counting the Saturdays is an interesting way to count...... maybe that will make it seem closer!!

jeanie -- where are you in Massachusetts? We're in Harvard, about 40 miles west of Boston. Our sons are about the same age (our DS will be 10 in May), maybe they can hook up on the ship.

Is it time to pack yet? Anyone flying in the day before?

I booked this cruise June 2002 so I have been counting down the years, the months and now the weeks!!!

We are not to far from you, we are in Chelmsford... I pass by Harvard every day on my way to work..... Will you be placing your son in the 10-12 or the 7-9 group?... With his birthday in May they might let him go up.....

We are going the following week for a 25th anniversary. It only seems like yesterday but we can't wait for this cruise (our 4th on DCL).

Planning now for our parents 50th anniversary on DCL. We offered several choices of cruise lines but they said they wanted to go with Disney and experience the Magic!!!

Have fun and make sure 7134 is ready for us!

jeanie -- you are close by. We used to live in Westford, but moved to Harvard a little over 4 years ago. I'll be sure to wave as you go by every morning :D

We booked in September 2002, just a week or so after we returned from the Wonder. Should have booked on board, but didn't :(

We're not sure which group our DS will be in. Since he is so close to his birthday, they may let him into the 10 - 12 group, but we'll probably wait until we see the activites in the Navigator before we decide what to do.

Macmonster -- we're in 8008, but I'll be sure to check on 7134 for you. I'm sure your parents will have a great time. We took my parents to WDW for their 50th and they loved it!

We are also from Massachusettes and this is our first cruise.
I am traveling with DH and DD (6).
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm not surprised about people from Mass. going that week, since it is school vacation week.

Would the last one to leave the state, please turn out the lights?

Hi everyone,
My DH and I are going on our second 7 day cruise on the Magic. We are bringing friends who have a 4 year old DS. They have never cruised but are vacation club members.
I had to add my note since seems the place to be from in Massachusetts. We however are from slightly south of there. We're from Bethlehem, Pa. Hope to get to meet some of you on the ship.
Time just isn't passing fast enough.

Estelle

Hi Estelle.........

Glad to have you aboard.....

You are so right........... time is just not moving quickly enough. However, once we're all on the ship, it will go way too fast !!

Ed

Glad to see this got bumped up!!

Estelle, which cruise did you do? Eastern and/or Western?

Anyone have advice to give on excursions? We would like to do St. John's on our own and go to either Trunk or Cinnamon. But I have no idea what to do in St Martins. We went to St. Martin's years ago (before kids) and we went to Orient Beach which was absolutely gorgeous. This time we were thinking of doing the Golden Eagle, any one have any suggestion??

Thanks,

Hi,
We were on the Western cruise last Halloween. We are so looking forward to the Eastern this time. I haven't a clue as to what to do for excursions. I did notice that the beaches in the eastern Carib. are on the European style. That means suits optional. We are looking forward to the questions that could generate...yeah right.
Only 25 more Saturdays. Gee that makes it seem like I should start packing.
Estelle

Hi everyone!

We'll be on the April 17th cruise as well!! (Although right now my immediate concern is the WDW trip with my entire family-- all 26 of us-- coming up over Thanksgiving).

I'll be traveling on the cruise with my partner and our three kids-- who will be 21 months (girl), 5 and 8 (boys) at cruise time. This will be the third cruise for the boys and us, and the baby's first. Our previous cruises were on Norwegian and we're very excited about this Disney cruise. We're doing the cruise with two other families from our neighborhood.

Mark

Welcome Mark.....

WOW........ by next April, you're going to need a week to veg out on the ship! I can drive a half marathon..... does that count?

I have trouble getting a small (12 people) family reunion straight, let alone 26! Hope you enjoy your trip to WDW.

Hi Mark,
Glad to know there will be a 5 year old boy. The friends who are going with us have a boy who should be close to that age. I know he'll be glad to know there will be someone his age around.
I have done Thanksgiving here at home for a fair number of people. But never 26 and the logistics just blow my mind. Hope you all have a really super warm day.

Estelle

Question for the New Englanders...

What are your flight plans/prices for your cruise? I keep checking and checking for decent fares and was so disappointed when SW finally released its fares for our cruise.

Thanks!

I (native New Yorker) will be on this cruise also with my husband (native Michiganer) Tom and son Michael (native Hoosier - age 8).
We are veteran Magic cruisers and have been Eastern several times.

We will be driving to Orlando from Indiana the week before the cruise.

Looking forward to meeting with everyone!

Rae

Hi Rae..............

Glad to have you going with us!! Any chance I could bribe you to save at least a few shrimp for me if you board before I do? :D

This is our first trip on the Magic, but DW and I have cruised the same eastern itinerary on the Norway and spent a long weekend on St. Thomas a few years back.

Ed

Hi RobinMarie,

I booked through DCL. At first I was not sure if it was the right thing to do, especially with the possibility of getting $79 fares from SW!... I just checked SW and I am glad I booked through DCL after all.... I figured for the 4 of us DCL was charging about 1300 (which seems like a lot) SW wants 1400 to fly out Manchester for our family... Since this is April Vacation week I don't think the prices will get any cheaper....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter