April 18 - 22?

Nessa24

Earning My Ears
We're planning on visiting Disneyland from April 18th - 22nd, and are looking to stay four nights at a Good Neighbour Hotel. I've checked a number of hotels, and most are indicating no vacancy for that timeframe.

Is there some sort of large event / conference taking place that week?

Nessa24 said:
We're planning on visiting Disneyland from April 18th - 22nd, and are looking to stay four nights at a Good Neighbour Hotel. I've checked a number of hotels, and most are indicating no vacancy for that timeframe.

Is there some sort of large event / conference taking place that week?

That is when we are going so I hope not. Spring break for the most part is over by then so I don't know. I hadn't heard of anything when i asked on a few other boards. We are at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn. I went to their website and they are still showing vacancy for checkin on the 17th and check out on the 23rd which is what we are doing.

It is pretty close. It is one hotel closer than the howard johnson that everyone mentions on here. Most things I have read say it is about a 10 minute walk. It is right on Harbor.

Here's a link to the Convention Center schedule. http://www.anaheimoc.org/convcalendar/index.cfm The American Association for Cancer Research is scheduled from the 16-20 and shows 12,000 people. Maybe that's contributing to it? I know when I booked my room at the Hampton Inn through getawaytoday.com back in January they didn't have any rooms left for the 16th so we moved our vacation up a day. I could have gotten a room directly through the Hampton though, but for a lot more $$.

Some schools have both a Winter break in Feb. and a Spring break in April. My son's school district in fact will be off that week

I am going to the AACR meeting at the Convention Center in April. Although I am going to the meeting and DL, the vast majority of researchers/physicians will not go to the parks. Even though the hotels around DL are booked, I think it will still be a good time to go to the parks.

We'll be there from the 19th to the 21st, I found the same problem with the hotels, we ended up getting one a little further out (we'll have a rental so it's ok) for $50 a night through priceline.

That is our spring break week up here, we're doing DL then Vegas!

Many New England schools have that week off for spring break.

We are arriving on the 19th for four days, I was hoping it would not be too busy. Seems that the DL hotel is fairly full for those days now,(we booked in January) Any ideas on what rides will be closed and how the weather and lines will be? (I am hopeful we can use the pool.) :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Rides I know are scheduled to be down are:
Jungle Cruise (but I am hoping for some soft openings to get ready for the 50th)
Space Mountain
Tomorrowland Railroad Station
Casey Jr. Circus Trains
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Walt Disney Story - Lincon Theater

good to see so many DIS'ers will be there with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter