April 2013 BWV Pre-trip Report

deb010305

Mouseketeer
It's 30 days until our April 2013 trip to DVC's Boardwalk Villas. By we I mean me, my DH, and my DS15.
Let me tell you a little bit about us....by day I'm a financial analyst, by night I am a Disney fanatic, obsessed with the details of planning each trip to Disney. My DH is much more laid back and easy-going, works as an EMT, and only asks that each Disney trip includes at least one character buffet. And last but not least is my DS15. still a kid at heart, but oh so cranky sometimes...and with a myriad of neurological conditions: epilepsy, ADHD, PDD-NOS, and CRPS.
Now for the trip, being the planner that I am the ADR's were made at the 180 day mark, and then anguished over and re-evaluated, some were changed, but most remained.
But this is a trip of many firsts....
First time driving-we've always flown, but since this is school break for us, airfare was obscene...I refuse to pay $2,400 or more for 3 plane tickets. The furthest we've driven before was Hershey Park, which went well except for getting to the George Washington Bridge at high noon on a Friday....that's a life altering experience that I don't warn to repeat.
First time at BWV-we've only stayed at SSR or moderates, so a 1 bedroom Boardwalk view scored at 7 months feels like a win.
First time in a long time without the DDP...it just doesn't make sense to spend money and worry about eating that much.
First time we've taken 2 trips within 6 months. We were there in October for F&W and MNSSHP.
And finally first trip in April, during school break. We usually go in August, September, or October - except the one time we went in February and had to leave home a day early to beat a snowstorm and stay a day longer because of said snowstorm.
So it's time to get out the shorts and summery clothes, and start reviewing my lists and spreadsheets....
And I'll keep you updated as we go.

It's 30 days until our April 2013 trip to DVC's Boardwalk Villas. By we I mean me, my DH, and my DS15.
Let me tell you a little bit about us....by day I'm a financial analyst, by night I am a Disney fanatic, obsessed with the details of planning each trip to Disney. My DH is much more laid back and easy-going, works as an EMT, and only asks that each Disney trip includes at least one character buffet. And last but not least is my DS15. still a kid at heart, but oh so cranky sometimes...and with a myriad of neurological conditions: epilepsy, ADHD, PDD-NOS, and CRPS.
Now for the trip, being the planner that I am the ADR's were made at the 180 day mark, and then anguished over and re-evaluated, some were changed, but most remained.
But this is a trip of many firsts....
First time driving-we've always flown, but since this is school break for us, airfare was obscene...I refuse to pay $2,400 or more for 3 plane tickets. The furthest we've driven before was Hershey Park, which went well except for getting to the George Washington Bridge at high noon on a Friday....that's a life altering experience that I don't warn to repeat.
First time at BWV-we've only stayed at SSR or moderates, so a 1 bedroom Boardwalk view scored at 7 months feels like a win.
First time in a long time without the DDP...it just doesn't make sense to spend money and worry about eating that much.
First time we've taken 2 trips within 6 months. We were there in October for F&W and MNSSHP.
And finally first trip in April, during school break. We usually go in August, September, or October - except the one time we went in February and had to leave home a day early to beat a snowstorm and stay a day longer because of said snowstorm.
So it's time to get out the shorts and summery clothes, and start reviewing my lists and spreadsheets....
And I'll keep you updated as we go.

Looking forward to your trip report! :goodvibes

You will love BWV! The location is awesome! :banana:

Good luck with your last minute planning.

Sounds great! We usually fly too, but we drove for the first time in 15 years this past December. Also, we always get the dining plan. I will be interested to hear how it goes for you without it!

Being from Maine I understand about airfares vs drive times but we're not going until May so I got a pretty good deal on my plane tickets...but have to add in the cost of a rental car so it's still not cheap getting from here to there. It's about a 27-hour drive straight through which was okay when I was younger.. when I retire and can do longer trips timewise maybe we will again. We are also staying at Boardwalk, for the first time for me, and I'm excited! I'll be looking forward to hearing your likes and dislikes and recommendations. We bought Tables in Wonderland cards last Oct. (we also did F & W and MNSSHP) and saved more than enough to pay for the card and it's good until Nov. 2014! It worked out better for us than the DDP (more flexibility). Keep us posted I'll be right behind you all the way...lol

If the weather is typical, you will LOVE April! We live in Massachusetts also and April is our favorite month to visit the world.

My DD and I were there in October too, and we will be back at BWV in April with her BF. I have always wanted to write a trip report. Perhaps you could just add us - Alice, Lindsey and Mike in your signature at the end of each update and I could cross that off my bucket list ;) Look forward to reading that we all had a great time.

Our trip is now less than a week away! All the ADR's have been made:
Tusker House - breakfast
Crystal Palace - dinner
Cape May Cafe - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - dinner
Hoop Dee Doo Review
We're also planning on lunches at Be Our Guest and Flame Tree BBQ

I have to admit that I'm a little behind in my packing though...not one piece of clothing is packed, and the suitcases are still in the basement! But I did buy sunblock ! And I'm hoping its warmer...today it was 36 but the wind made it feel like 26 !!

The plan is to leave early Friday morning - my DH says 4 am, but I think he's a little delusional with that time. I'm planning on leaving no later than 5:30 am. We're going the Tappan Zee Bridge to avoid NYC, and plan on making it to North Carolina on Friday. That way when we leave there Saturday we'll only have an 8 or 9 hour drive!

So I guess I should be packing and not writing!

Parallel paths again, I bought the sunblock also and have not packed a thing even though it was at the top of my list. We were close to 70 today so warmer weather coming your way I would think. Hope you have a safe drive and a great trip.

Looking forward to the TR. DH and I are headed to BWV on Mother's Day(5/12)! Warm everything up for us! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter