April 2013 - Our last hurrah!

April 2013 - Our last hurrah! - Day 4

Adam was still really not feeling great this morning so instead of the planned Hollywood studios we decided on a lie in first.

I say lie in, we were up by 9am! But with some very early starts recently this felt like a lie in.

Once up I presented Adam with the handmade treat I’d gotten yesterday evening courtesy of goofy

IMG_3131_zps4f169c07.jpg

Head sized!

IMG_3134_zps67b1c9a4.jpg

Suitably impressed we tried to work out how to share it, turns out there isn’t so we grabbed the plate and went to sit on the balcony to eat an ear each.

IMG_3130_zpsbd3616cd.jpg

We managed about half, there was just too much of it! The remainder was placed in the fridge for a snack later and we headed out to the bus stop.

Since it was quite late I thought World Showcase at Epcot might be a good idea since it opened late. I really fancied wondering through all the different countries properly this time since Adam has whizzed me around the lake in an hour on our last trip and I didn’t feel like I’d seen very much.

The sun had been out earlier in the morning but by the time we arrived things were looking rather gloomy!

78fbfb8d-042e-40f8-bddb-a1cc01236c0f_zps430fc2b7.jpg

Check out those clouds!

9e15ef14-7680-4425-a9fb-a1cc01236c07_zps3101e6f9.jpg

Sensing that rain might be on it’s way we changed tact and instead decided to focus on the rest of epcot first before heading to WS.

Today seemed rather quiet so our first stop was Test Track.

IMG_3135_zps9a618b8a.jpg

On our first go we built a machine made for speed!

IMG_3140_zps9f48e988.jpg

and on leaving we saw it was the fastest of the day so far!

IMG_3141_zpscd85c8d3.jpg

Adam was very chuffed :D

Proud of our little car we decided to ride again and this time went for a good “all rounder”

IMG_3142_zps3380d62f.jpg

Results were not that good this time, it wasn’t much of a looker either. We did end up riding with our car this time though. After a few rides on this thing we worked out that although the scanner often said it was ‘ready’ you shouldn’t scan your card until your car had pulled up and stopped, it doesn’t give you a whole lot of time to do it obviously but that seemed to be the only way of getting your own car on board

Next up was mission space. I always get nervous on this ride, not because I’m scared of the ride but more becaue I’m nervous of been puked on by other riders. We got in and I made a big show of showing the little boy next to me where the sick bags were… just in case!

Adam has read in our guidebook about a new simulator ride which often gets ignored in Innoventions East. He really wanted to try it out so we headed that way.

IMG_3143_zpsefeaa803.jpg

It was quite good. They let you design a rollercoaster on a touch screen…

IMG_3144_zpsb08c1f16.jpg

And then they put you on a mechanical arm (I think they are the same ones that they use on harry potter, and you ‘ride’ your coaster.

DSCF1814_zps7ab763b0.jpg

It was similar to the one they have/had at Disney Quest but a lot newer and smoother.

Next we went to grab fast passes for Soarin, conscious that this would likely be busy. We went via cool station so we could grab a cheeky drink. I convinced Adam to try Beverley but he seemed to like it :/ I went for the watermelon one as it’s my favourite. I wish you could buy it over here.
We were correct on the soarin fastfasses, the time slot was later in the afternoon so we grabbed one and planned to come back later.

The weather was still looking gloomy so we decided to visit Nemo.

I love this ride, especially the starfish at the end ☺

While there we checked out some of the exhibits and listened to a talk on manatees (no dishy doctor this time).

DSCF1821_zps9f31047d.jpg

We had a look for the turtle as we’d seen him during the ride, unfortunately he seemed to have disappeared :/

Crush was next, we always enjoy these ‘chats’. This one was very funny and the children asked lots of questions. We promised to say “Dude” lots that day.

We headed outside and it was starting to spit with rain, unfortunately World showcase was the only bit left to do so we started towards it, checking out the butterfly garden on the way.

DSCF1825_zps1c5d26c9.jpg

Conscious that Adam was not a fan of “that rubbish up there” I enrolled us on Agent P’s adventure, choosing the Mexico pavilion since the rain was getting a little heavier and the mission took place completely indoors.

I think without kids these ‘missions’ are only as fun as you make them. I imagine that with some drinks along the way you could play along. I was however drinkless and dragging an unwilling (ill and grumpy) participant around world showcase so ‘fun’ is not something I would use to describe the experience *sighs*. It was just so long winded, some of the clips went on for AGES!

Mission finished and after much cagolling I did get Adam to wear a hat, just to show how much he was enjoying himself.

IMG_3147_zps57f68c44.jpg

Just as we were leaving Donald came inside for a meet and greet so we joined the queue to meet him

165d2975-ff24-4ade-95a5-a1cc01236c59_zps41e2854a.jpg

e515ad57-5ec6-4fa9-8781-a1cc01236c58_zps6ec7210d.jpg

As we left it was clear by the puddles outside that there had been quite a downpour, but we’d missed it HURRAH!

We started to make our way towards lunch but we only made it as far as the german pavilion before we had to seek shelter as the heavens opened!

We decided to wait it out in here, it's a big pavilion so there’s plenty to do!

IMG_3148_zps63814e5e.jpg

There was even a photopass photographer taking shelter in the shop offering everyone photos, I wish we’d seen him while adam was all dressed up.

After 20 minutes it was clear that the rain was going nowhere so we discussed the plan for lunch. I knew I wanted to get something from France but having looked at the menu before our trip I knew there was nothing for Adam there. On our last trip he’d grumbled at the food choice, so before our trip I’d put together a fab little plan so as not to end up in a similar situation, loving conciderste wife that I am. I would leave Adam in America to grab his food, walk over to France and get mine, then head back to America to eat together. Good plan I thought!

BUT NOOOOOOOO!

On the way I told Adam to go into America but he didn’t want to, instead he said he’d come with me to France, ok….

So with poncho’s now out of their packets we ‘swam’ to France.

It was busy in the seating area but not the queue. Adam took a look at the menu and declared he wasn’t eating here. Well obviously not, I knew already knew that! So I ordered my food and went to find a seat. I found a table but no chairs so I went round and did the usual “are you using this seat” routine and eventually found one.

By this point Adam was nowhere to be seen, which was annoying because now I couldn’t leave my seat to find him or to grab any straws or cutlery as I might loose my chair and table to the vultures already circling. I looked around and he was by the exit and beckoned him over, I suggested we head to America but no he said I should eat mine first, but he wouldn’t sit with me. I spent the whole meal on my own with him ‘hanging around’ near the exit making me feel like it was my fault he had no food and to hurry up! I was not best pleased! Bloody men!

Any onto the food..

I ordered a cheese and ham baguette

IMG_3149_zpsb71cb890.jpg

And a Napoleon

IMG_3150_zps5ea9260b.jpg

The baguette was just as I remembered from our last trip, creamy taste with a crunchy outside and a fluffy inside, very nice!

The napoleon I knew wasn’t going to be as good as the old one, it looked very ‘processed’. To be honest I wasn’t planning on getting it but with no queue I was under pressure to pick something and it was the first thing I thought of!

Despite it not being the ‘old’ version I still thought it was delicious! Just like the ones I used to have as a child that I’ve never been able to replicate since, YUMMY!

Fed and watered I went to find Adam, by the exit obviously, the rain was now just a light shower so we headed out. Adam was now clearly weak from the lack of food and so contemplated going to UK as it was closest, but then he didn’t fancy fish and chips, in fact he didn’t know what he fancied.

Bored by the performance now I started to head towards America, it was there or nothing!

I grabbed a seat while Adam gathered his food. I contemplated a similar ‘performance’ to the one I had just experienced but didn’t, mainly because I’m not that petty but also because I doubt he’d notice :pgig:

He went for an angus chuck burger topped with pulled pork and an onion ring, served with fries.

IMG_3154_zps2067a048.jpg

IMG_3154_zps2067a048.jpg

For dessert he grabbed a smores cupcake

IMG_3153_zpsadba346e.jpg

The burger looked revolting but tasted nice! The fries were VERY salty, I still wasn’t used to them yet.

Again the smores cupcake looked awful, reminded me of a turd, but it tasted yummy.

Not a very good representation American cuisine really!

It still wasn’t raining as we left but we were soggy, and looking at the sky I didn’t think sun was on it’s way

DSCF1826_zpsc9fc1271.jpg

Knowing already that today wasn’t the day I was going to convince Adam to truly experience world showcase in all it’s glory, we made a dash for soarin to use our fast passes before we called it a day.

We made it to the land pavilion just as the skies opened and it was packed, everyone escaping the rain to ride Soarin. All the fast passes had gone by now (the only ride I’d seen so far this holiday to run out, not even TSM had run out during our trip)

The fastpass queue was still very busy, everyone had clearly gone in at the same time to avoid the rain ☹

We were in luck though, we managed to get the middle glider with front row seats!

As usual is was a great ride. I do like it, I just don’t see why people go so crazy over it, I certainly wouldn’t queue longer than 20 minutes for it.

We saw a big group of people by the door and saw the sheets of rain outside, so we decided to stay put and headed to the land. I love seeing all the veggies in here.

On the way out I went to investigate the strawberry shortcake but alas I wasn’t hungry and didn’t fancy carrying one back in the rain, I doubt it would have travelled well!

Luckily when we reached the entrance the rain had stopped, obviously we weren’t sure how long this would last so we walked as quickly as we could towards the exit. We got as far as the dancing fountains and then the skies opened once more, no leaving photopass pictures this time. We joined the mass exodus and found shelter waiting for the bus!

IMG_3158_zps59584348.jpg

We ended up waiting 50 minutes for the bus, none came! The family behind us were absolutely livid and went nuts at a guy trying to call more buses over. When a bus finally arrived he gave the driver a piece of his mind as well. We overheard him on the bus, the front desk staff were in for it to apparently. LOVE the American approach to complaining, we brits are far to tight lipped!

We met a lovely couple on the bus, they had been coming these same two weeks every year since 2005, apparently this is the first rain they’d had in all the times they had come… grrrrrrrrrr!

We talked a while about DVC and the guy gave us his card just in case we were considering it. Apparently they get something for recommending people.

We finally made it back to the room, earlier than planned but we were soaking. I decided on a long soak in the bath before getting ready for dinner.

Tonight’s dinner was Narcoossee's. I’d planned on wearing a lovely maxi dress tonight but with the rain that was never going to happen. Instead I settled on a little dress with leggings, very disappointing ☹

When I had finished my hair and make up I saw Adam was in jeans and a t-shirt. I explained it was a 2 credit restaurant at the GF, but apparently this was his BEST T-Shirt and he didn’t know what else to wear. I didn’t feel like it was worth the argument and besides we didn’t have time so I left him to it :D

We caught the bus to MK as we didn’t fancy the walk to downtown Disney (as you will see, this was a mistake!). MK was heaving but we managed a quick walk towards the monorail without the need for ponchos as it was only spitting. We got to the station just as a monorail pulled up, good timing!

We got to the TTC but we didn’t leave. The announcement came over the tanoy that they were experiencing technical problems. 15 minutes past, our reservation was now 10 minutes away.

A castmember came over explaining the situation, said he didn’t know how long the wait would be but we could walk to the poly or get the monorail back to MK and catch a bus from there! Taking a leaf out of angry bus man book I explained we weren’t going to either of those places, that we needed to get to the GF now! Apparently we could walk there to! I pointed out that since everyone else in the carriages were now waiting for GF could they not get a bus to pick us all up, “no mam”

Bloody brilliant! So in my nice dress and ‘evening shoes’ (not heels but certainly not walking shoes!) we headed off into the drizzle. We walked to the poly, we walked to the GF, arriving just as a monorail past overhead… grrrrrrr. Then we walked all the way AROUND the GF to get to Narcoossee's. The Disney magic was wearing thin at this point, I was sweaty, the drizzle had not done great things to my hair, and I was still bloody cross at the lack of Disney help!

I explained all this to the host who was very apologetic on behalf of all cast members and said not to worry about being late, they would sort us out, it was our anniversary after all!

We headed out to the verandah so I could cool off!

DSCF1829_zpse590ef2b.jpg

Adam pointed out that he was the only one in a T-SHIRT and jeans, I said nothing :pgig:

We were seated by the window with a lovely view of the castle and a well deserved cocktail was ordered.

IMG_3159_zps8089aff5.jpg

Much needed!

IMG_3161_zps994b66c0.jpg

Adam went for a lovely beer instead

IMG_3160_zpsaae1c73a.jpg

Our server was lovely and wished us a happy anniversary before explaining the menu. Adam couldn’t get over the fact he could have lobster AND steak :D

Once we’d ordered the bread arrived

IMG_3163_zps40b47647.jpg

The bread wasn’t anything special but the butter was very tasty.

Next up came my cheese plate, just me, Adam wasn’t being greedy

IMG_3165_zps26f67a8e.jpg

IMG_3164_zps83a31d9d.jpg

It doesn’t look like lots but it was more than enough!

For entrees’ Adam obviously went for the steak and lobster, he went for the strip steak and lobster tail.

IMG_3167_zpsbd378eb5.jpg

I decided against the lobster and just had the fillet steak.

IMG_3166_zps840290d3.jpg

Mine was cooked perfectly but Adam’s was on the rare side, not one to complain he lived with it instead of sending it back :P

During our meal the pageant passed by so I sent Adam out to take a picture. He remembered it from when he was little but couldn’t remember the storyline. After watching it I’m not sure there is one!

DSCF1832_zps91a49866.jpg

DSCF1835_zps0364f576.jpg

Just as we finished our mains the castle lit up and everyone started to move outside. I’m guessing there was some sort of preshow since after 5 minutes whatever was happening stopped and the wishes music came on. Adam gave me a big squeeze and the annoyances of the day were forgotten. We were both transported back to May 2009 when watching the same thing from across the lake at the comtemporary, he popped the question. We even had time for a little smooch despite the audience :pgig:

DSCF1839_zpse98a01e2.jpg

Unfortunately Wishes was not quite so perfect, the clouds stopped us from seeing most of it, ah well.

We arrived back to our table just as desserts were being served.

Adam went for the brulee

IMG_3169_zps1ec25429.jpg

And I had the cheesecake

IMG_3168_zps783d2f60.jpg

Both were nice but we were both a little too full to really enjoy them ☹

Desserts also came with some celebratory champagne! The only problem with this was that Adam doesn’t drink the stuff, which meant two big glasses all to myself!

I managed both but it meant I was distinctly giggy on the way out!

We headed out and ran through the rain to the main building.

We were eating at Victoria and Alberts tomorrow and I still hadn’t confirmed our reservation so we decided to do it in person while we were there.

We headed up to the entrance, still a little soggy, Adam in his T-shirt decided he wasn’t appropriately dressed and so waited outside. I entered and three lovely hostesses turned towards we. It was all very daunting. I explained that we had a reservation tomorrow and one of them took my details and headed off to check everything was in order. That left me with the two other servers, and I hadn’t a clue want to say. Bear in mind that I was at this stage living the effects of two quickly drunk glasses of champagne. I was giggy but trying to be as polite and ladylike as possible… very difficult for me even when sober. We made small talk, mainly about the weather, as you do, me in my best cut glass English accent, before finally the other hostess came back and told me everything was sorted. She also reminded me about the dress code, obviously noting my soggy outfit for this evening. I explained that “ooo no I had something very lovely for tomorrow”… and then I CURTSIED, yes I know, I completely blame the champers and the atmosphere, hopefully she will have forgotten by tomorrow… maybe :nonono:

I left, told Adam everything was fine, not mentioning my embarrassing exit, and we headed towards the monorail station, it was almost 11pm and we were heading to MK and as luck would have it, the rain had stopped!

I love MK at night, it’s just magical, after champers it’s even better!

DSCF1841_zps691ef699.jpg

First up it was photopass time!

5a3b4dda-d74e-4062-ab7d-a1cc01236cc9_zps179329a8.jpg

3a48d7ed-4964-43ae-983f-a1cc01236c76_zpsde33990c.jpg

Obviously starting to feel guilty for being a moody sod all day Adam suggested I get first dibbs on where we went, I chose fantasyland as I was yet to see new fantasyland. So off I skipped, Adam I presume walked, some distance behind me, taking some piccies on the way.

DSCF1850_zps8e28b976.jpg

First we went on Winnie the pooh, I love the new queuing area, especially the honey. I would never queue for this during the day so it seemed like a good time to do it. I still like the ride, I love the tigger bit.

Next we checked out the toilets by gastons, very well themed and a lovely cast member outside complemented by 'cute' outfit, bless her, I didn't curtsey this time :pgig:

Next up was the ride I had been waiting for, The Little mermaid! I was in tears just looking at the outside, brilliant! Soooooo much better than the one in California!

Once on I proceeded to sing along to all the songs, as only a drunk ariel fanatic can. Adam wasn’t impressed, not even with my amazing key change. He was even less impressed by my under the sea dancing as well! There’s just no pleasing some people :D

I was all up for a second go but Adam I think was scarred for life and dragged me off in the direction of space mountain.

This seemed to be the only busy area of the park so we had a little wait. I love the ‘what you will experience’ video they show in the queue here, nothing screams 80’s quite like the perm and shoulder padded blouse of the lady in the video as she whizzes past on her space adventure.

I didn’t enjoy it as much this time, I was rather queasy by the second ride, Adam found this hilarious, kind husband that he is :D

Realising the park was rather quiet, not really a surprise, it was 12.30am!, we decided to squeeze in some rides on Big Thunder Mountain. Sure enough there was no queue and we managed 3 rides rather quickly. By now we’d done everything we felt we could and I was starting to feel sleepy so we decided to call it a night

DSCF1858_zps55564268.jpg

DSCF1860_zpsc6a900b5.jpg

We were in bed by 1.30am. Lie in tomorrow, HURRAH!

Spends Recap

Breakfast – Nothing
Lunch - France QS $14.56 - America QS $17.98 = $32.54 (used QS credits)
Dinner – Narcoossee's –$134 (with plan) + $69.08 (offplan) = $203.08 including tip
Snacks – Nothing

Total for the day = $235.62
Total out of pocket - $69.08
Total saving – $166.54

NOM OF THE DAY

Nothing amazing so I'm cheating...

The crispie treat!

IMG_3134_zps67b1c9a4.jpg

I bought it yesterday but we ATE it today so it still counts!

Men do not appreciate all our pre-planning do they, although I think my DH is starting to understand and appreciate it thankfully.

FINALLY! A LIE IN! no not a 9am cop out an ACTUAL lie in! we hit double figures, 10am!

I though Adam deserved it since he was still not feeling tip top.

Today should have been a blizzard beach day but the forecast wasn’t great and a peek out onto the balcony confirmed that there was a cloudy sky all around us.

We had an early dinner tonight so we decided to take it easy and have a day off from the parks completely.

despicable-me-minion-Favim.com-375512.gif

I KNOW, not really our thing down days but I think we’d earned it!

Instead we dressed, me with my jumper just in case as it was rather chilly, and took a leisurely stroll to Downton Disney.

DSCF1864_zpsa3689fb9.jpg

DSCF1865_zpsafa79ba9.jpg

I really wanted to visit the new AOA resort after seeing photos of the grounds so we looked around for a bus stop, there didn’t seem to be one listed for AOA so we asked and were directed to board a blizzard beach bus instead.

Puzzled we jumped on, oh well it would be an adventure!

The bus did indeed stop at blizzard beach, but thankfully it also stopped at AOA.

We arrived and noted the queues of people waiting for buses, a quaint congress park this was not!

We headed straight into reception, which was very impressive, we headed through and ventured outside to the nemo pool. It was a lot bigger than I was expecting but so well themed!

We started with the lion king. I was building up to and perfecting my pose ready for the little mermaid area :P

DSCF1868_zps04e853bf.jpg

Only the one photo because I was far too impatient!

I power walked us past the sea treasure, the snarfblatt And the dinglehopper. And there he was! In all his glory!

IMG_3179_zpsd097cdf5.jpg

I cannot put in to words how much I love MY prince, not Adam…. ERIC!

Since the age of 4 I’ve been in love with his wavy black hair, bushy dark eyebrows and charming smile. So much so that my mum found it highly amusing when I brought Adam home for the first time. My very own black haired bushy browed prince…. Minus the charming smile but two out of three aint bad!

Adam rather reluctantly took some photos while we shared a ‘moment’

DSCF1869_zps59aae32c.jpg

….

Or two!

IMG_3173_zpsf1f8951b.jpg

Satisfied that I had stared at his magnificent profile long enough we headed off to see my rival…

IMG_3175_zps70507b2d.jpg

As she was a hell of a lot bigger than me I didn’t push my suit!

High on my visit to little mermaid mecca I had Adam takes a few more shots around the area….

IMG_3174_zps3963d8dc.jpg

DSCF1870_zpsc44f0f34.jpg

IMG_3178_zps1b4b7fc3.jpg

and my personal favourite and current desktop background…

DSCF1872_zps817d578d.jpg

I know, I got carried away!

Worried that Adam was missing out I suggested we check out carsland, but not liking his photo been taken at the best of times I ended up in them all, shame for you ;P

DSCF1878_zps3abc726a.jpg

DSCF1879_zpsf2131855.jpg

and a rather bizarre one Adam insisted would look fab…

DSCF1874_zps0498b26d.jpg

yeah Mario Testino he ain’t!

It was just after 11, we’d only been here 30 minutes but we were exhausted and some pretty dark clouds were on there way so we headed into Landscape of flavours to try and grab some lunch, except we were too early!

Disaster, since this was on my to do list but never mind, to be honest we weren’t that hungry yet so it was probably for the best. Instead we took a little look around the shop and headed out to the bus stop for Downtown Disney.

It was chaos! I had no idea that resort bus stops got this busy, not in low season anyway! Lots of young families everywhere, so many I was very worried we wouldn’t get on the first bus. I got even more worried when a bus hadn’t arrived for 40 minutes!

A bus arrived and the queue was now really big, but a quick assessment of the queue in front and I thought we’d just make it….

But then a prime example of my number one Disney transport PET HATE ARRIVED

A scooter, but not just any scooter, this one was trailed by a HUGE family unit, and they drove right to the front of the queue. Grrrrrr

Scooters are a pet hate of mine, I appreciate people need them and some have a genuine reason for having one but in America, in certain sections of society, they seem to be viewed as a luxury for fat lazy people, and obviously a fabulous queue jumping tool at bus stops, they should queue like everyone else! The rest of the family were perfectly mobile and quite honestly I thought some of the families who had coped with screaming kids in the queue for 40 minutes deserved to get on first! To make matters worse she parked it up onboard, got off, and needed a full bench all to herself, her family and both butt cheeks filled half a bloomin bus!

sorry rant over, I was really annoyed by now, especially since we’d been waiting 40 minutes before they waltzed up. ANYWAY….

Luckily this particular bus driver wasn’t the health and safety conscious driver I had feared, nooo he was a “pack em in and pile em high” kinda guy and so it was because of this that I found myself stood, sandwiched between buggy’s, screaming babies and sweaty bodies on our way to downtown Disney Joy. I don’t think AOA is the resort for us.

In what seemed like an AGE we finally made it back to Downtown Disney and thankfully the dark clouds had moved on.

Having missed out on blizzard beach (to be honest I think we were both rather thankful but didn’t want to be the one to say so) we decided to head back to the room and change into our costumes (much prefer this word to swimwear, it sounds far more exciting!) and then grab some lunch.

Having missed out on a lunch from my list we decided to tick off a different one and so we grabbed our refillable mugs, determined to use them at least once, and walked towards Artist’s Palette. On the way I indulged Adam in his florida obsession… taking photos of lizards! Seriously every other picture I downloaded on our return was a lizard. Here are the ‘best’ ones from the walk to lunch (no really, there were more, and these were the BEST ones!)

DSCF1881_zpsb449dccb.jpg

DSCF1882_zpsdd232700.jpg

DSCF1883_zps60e24ed5.jpg

See, aren’t you glad I shared those :D

We had a nosy at the main pool on the way, it was really nice I can see why people like to stay in the springs area.

The counter service area is smaller than I was excepting but there was a lovely selection on offer. I went for the smoked turkey sandwich with chips

IMG_3184_zps765cd792.jpg

and strawberries for dessert

IMG_3181_zps2793d766.jpg

and Adam had a pepperoni flatbread

IMG_3183_zps73762dd5.jpg

and a fruit cup

IMG_3182_zpse9862507.jpg

We both picked up bottle drinks and refilled out mugs for now so we could save the bottles for later.

I love that you get these brought to your table.

Overall this was a lovely meal, my strawberries were sooo good and definitely my favourite.

We finished off and decided on a walk to the paddock pool near our room for our swim, since this had only opened recently and we were intrigued.

It being a chilly gloomy day the pool was in no way busy, the entertainment looked rather board with the turn out. I left Adam huddled under towels with a hot chocolate in his refillable mug and made for the pool.

This was my first pool experience since my weight loss so I was glad of the lack of audience. In my mind I would whip off my clothes and stride confidently in my bikini to the pool ah la Baywatch…. In reality I undressed under a towel and made a mad dash for the deep end, holding onto stray wobbly bits as I went, there’s a lot to be said for body confidence whatever your size, I clearly don’t have much of it when semi clothed!

The water was warmer than the air, I think that says a lot about how cold it really was, but I was determined! Sure enough once in the pool the rain started, it was rather heavy really but being a nutter I stayed put, at least I was warm! I tried to convince Adam to join me but he wasn’t for moving, his confidence is worse than mine and he’s wearing less so he stayed huddled under his towels… chicken!

The paddock pool was very small and VERY shallow. It does have a big ish slide and a kiddie splash area next to it, but as a couple I think we’d have been better in the main pool or walking to the smaller one at congress park, nevermind, next time ;P

The entertainment were trying in vain to provide some to the few families mad enough to still be around. We had arrived halfway through a three way battle between the families. One grandma was convinced she was going to win each and every blow up world prize for her grandson no matter the personal cost! Although during a round of “name that Disney tune” when she tried to convince everyone the music being played was the theme music from harry potter (that well known Disney franchise) I did start to question if anyone else was actually listening…. It was star wars….and she still won!

After a while even I was cold so in the next lull in the rain I got out, grabbed a hot chocolate of my own and went to join Adam under his ‘SUN’ umbrella while I dried off.

It was now 2.30 and as tonight was a special night on which I would be getting my glam on and Adam would be upgrading his best t-shirt not only to an actual shirt but to a full on suit, I knew I’d need a few hours to get ready so we made a hasty retreat back to the room.

As it happened I fell asleep in my bubble bath and so ended up with only an hour to get ready! Usually this is fine but in florida my hair doesn’t behave itself so I would have loved more time. In the end I ended up with what Adam calls my ‘Bella hair’, in his rose tinted hubby glasses he describes hair something like this

Twilight-Breaking-Dawn-part-2-Kristen-Stewart.jpg

where as my hot and flustered reflection actually reassembles something like this :/

923081_374885649288540_1995950359_n.jpg

Still we both emerged relatively presentable after some last minute taming!

DSCF1888_zps5f8338fc.jpg

I was also wearing my ‘Hurrah I’ve lost a stone’ dress so despite being late I had Adam take a photo on the balcony as proof.

DSCF1887_zps44463571.jpg

Wanting to get a shot BEFORE I eat a meal several courses long!

We made our way to the congress park bus stop, deciding to risk the monorails again.

The quietness on the bus was in stark contrast to our bus trips so far today, I love how quiet the resort is, it makes for very relaxing bus trips and we soon arrived at magic kingdom, to SUN so the shades went on for the short walk to the monorail station.

I urge anyone dining at Victoria and Alberts to do this. Nothing stands out more in a theme park than a man in a suit and shades. Watching people’s faces was hilarious. It was obvious they thought Adam was ‘somebody’. People were looking at us and doing a double take. Looking searchingly at Adam, then at me, then back at Adam. You could see the cogs whirring away as they frantically tried to place him :pgig: I’m so going to dress like this just to walk around MK next visit :pgig:

We made it to the Grand Floridian without any mishaps, monorail breakdowns or papazazzi scrums. We were in fact 20 minutes early for once and so we took some nice photos from the balcony

DSCF1889_zps16320eb4.jpg

DSCF1894_zps050a0864.jpg

DSCF1890_zpsdcb21f77.jpg

With 5 minutes to go we headed towards the door, me with my best “you’ve never met be before” face… but the door didn’t open, I rattled it a little more, in a ladylike manner of course, nothing…. Then the same lady from yesterday unlocked the door and informed us we were a little early, and could wait in the bar for 10 minutes, oops!

Embarrassed we shuffled off to sit on one of the balcony couches since the bar looked a little full.

It was while sitting here that we spotted a lady of Disney legend… “Miss Lynn”

I felt bad taking a photo so here’s one I found online

tumblr_mhcx1t2eIk1qbo4dlo1_500.jpg

She’s a rather famous lady who sits around GF listening to the music and talking to guests, she’s not a cast member obviously, just a lonely lady. I read a thread about her on another forum a while back saying she used to come with her husband all the time until he died, and now she’s just lonely and confused, it’s rather sad but at least she’s in a happy place… it’s her trolley full on teddies that freaked me out!

Anyway I digress!

Finally we decided it was probably safe to try getting in for our dinner again

IMG_3190_zps1f254621.jpg

NOTE: I’m not going to waffle on to much about the food here, it would go on for pages! Instead I’ll save that for my food report ans just include the highlights:D

The hostess was the very same as yesterday and she welcome us politely, but thankfully without recognition, phew, Curtsygate was forgotten.

She introduced us to one of our two servers, telling her what a lovely dress I had been wearing the previous night…. Darn, she remembered ☹

Our server took us to our table and presented us with our personalised menu. She checked that everything was correct, including the spelling of our surname, which was bob on for a change.

She also brought over a lovely little stool for my bag and cardi

IMG_3192_zps9977cbae.jpg

Next, out came our second server who handed over TWO more menus. One was a wine list, and the other a WATER list, now this was a completely new one on us!

We went for the free option. Never has filtered tap water been described with so many words :pgig:

IMG_3193_zps5969e6ea.jpg

After placing our food order we sat and discussed the wine list in hushed whispers, it was hard not to whisper, it was so quiet and we were the only ones in the place!

IMG_3194_zpsa9cef82f.jpg

We went through all the wine options doing the usual process of elimination of picking not the cheapest wine on the list so as not to appear cheap but one which didn’t cost the same as a small flat!

Adam later told me he heard our server say “well, if that’s all you can afford” but I heard nothing, I think it was more his conscious talking than our server :P

Soon after placing the wine order our amuse bouche arrived and a harpist started to play in the corner (she started with an usual choice of tune for the Victorian setting, coldplay)

IMG_3195_zps9c47f410.jpg

Crab roulade with Siberian Osetra caviar, salmon cube cooked three ways, and verrine of avocado, crab and tomato gelee.

The crab and salmon were very nice, the ‘verrine’? revolting, it was NOT pleasant, I wish I hadn’t left that one until the end!

Then came the wine, all 45 dollars of it, it was quite a show, first, out came the cork, which was present to us on a little silver dish, then the lady decanted the wine over a candle, then it went into the glasses, then back in the decanter…Then she tried some, then it was decanted again, then she tried some more, Just at the point where I was about to tell her to hurry on up and stop drinking it all herself she finally let us try some, it was nice :D

Next came the first of the famous bread courses

IMG_3196_zps5815f3e3.jpg

Hand rolled French baguette with European-style butter

Just your standard baguette to be honest, nice and warm though

Then it was the turn of cold appetizers, we both had the same

IMG_3197_zps7dae6d47.jpg

Masago Crusted Gulf Shrimp with Ponzu Vinaigrette.

I don’t usually like large shrimps as I find them rubbery but this was very nice. The only bit I disliked were the noodles, they were stone cold and they got a little sloppy after a while/

Next the warm appetizer course

Adam had: Diver Scallop with Zellwood Corn Ragout.

IMG_3199_zpsd96707ea.jpg

It was only one scallop but it was a big fella! I really liked the corn ragout as well.

I had: Alaskan Halibut with yellow tomato bouillon and almonds

IMG_3198_zpsbb4271bb.jpg

OH MY LORD!

This thing was PERFECTION, never have I tasted something so ripe and flavoursome. I have no idea what they did to get tomatoes to taste like that but it was HEAVEN. Our server heard me exclaiming how amazing it was and said it was proving to be a popular dish with other guests as well.

Still recovering from perfection it was now time for the second bread course

IMG_3200_zpse324f4e0.jpg

Black Truffle Brioche with Black Truffle Butter

We couldn’t detect the black truffle but it was a hell of a good brioche, I love savoury brioche and this was a good one.

For the next course we again chose a different option each

Adam had: Long Island Duck Breast and Sausage with Roasted Cauliflower

IMG_3202_zpse0d0afce.jpg

The breast was nice but the sausage was very “gamey” and I wasn’t a fan. I like the cauliflower puree though, it went well with the duck

I had: Braised Oxtail and Cherry Ravioli with Roasted Red Peppers

IMG_3201_zps96bf22cb.jpg

I’d seen this on a food blog and knew I would choose this option. The peppers were a little none descript but the ravioli was yummy! It was more like a dumpling since it wasn’t pasta but the same thing dumplings are normally cooked in, very well seasoned inside though

I was getting a little chilly now so I looked around to catch a servers eye, but before I was able to the hostess appeared behind me and draped a shawl around my shoulders, I didn’t even have to ask! Must have been the goosebumps! I noticed a few ladies wearing shawls. They seemed to have dark and light ones depending on the colour of the ladies dress, it was very thoughtful.

Moving on to the third and final bread course. I was surprised at how full I now felt, I was glad of the rest!

CF723F3F-1D8A-496B-AFD0-31C55DC77C7C-38730-000017711B09E358.jpg

Seeded Multigrain with Fleur de sal salted butter

A nice soft roll with the saltiest butter I’ve ever had, it was YUMMY!

So here we were, finally, it was Entrée time!

We both had the same thing: Onion Ash Crusted Niman Ranch Lamb with Sauce Soubise and Ramps

IMG_3203_zpsaf761dd6.jpg

I had no idea was ‘ramps’ were so we had to ask, turns out they are spring onions!

The lamb itself was very nice, again it came with a ‘sausage’ style of meat, this I did not care for, far too rich again. I did appreciate the sprouts though, I hadn’t had any since Christmas!

At this point one of our servers arrived and asked if we would be having coffee at the end of the meal since it took a while to brew. We were so he set it going tableside

IMG_3204_zps6bc4ec80.jpg

Next up was the ‘palette cleanser’

Adam went for something traditional: White Chocolate Gelato with White Chocolate Shavings applied tableside

IMG_3206_zpse9ebd23d.jpg

They added the shavings tableside just like they do parmesan, Adam was in no hurry to tell him to stop so he got a good pile. It was a small scoop but it was very creamy and just enough.

Not to pass up on the opportunity I cleansed my palette with…. Cheese!

IMG_3205_zps6b6e4350.jpg

Gouda Reypenaer XO, Parmigiano Reggiano, Sottocenere Al Tartufo, and Colston Bassett Stilton.

The gouda covered in honey was my favourite.

After collecting out plates our server started setting up the coffee cups, by now all the water had evaporated into the top section with the ground coffee

IMG_3208_zps19dc832f.jpg

He removed the heater from under our coffee and on doing so all the filtered coffee ran from the top to the bottom section ready for pouring

IMG_3210_zps60a97c32.jpg

It really was a marvellous invention, we want one for the kitchen, you can get them on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cona-Tabl...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=300909205411&ps=54

I think it’s a fabulous ‘show’ but the coffee wasn’t any better than the usual filtered coffee we have at home

While we were enjoying our coffee our desserts arrived

Adam had: Caramelized banana gateau on our servers recommendation

IMG_3212_zps8aaa1e84.jpg

it was pure caramel HEAVEN, I wish I’d had a whole one all to myself.

I had: Meyer Lemon and blood orange purse with blackberry-violet sherbet

376049_10151524422911839_1704719196_n_zps109d1bbf.jpg

This was a great dessert, if you ate everything separately. I didn’t think it went particularly well when you heaped a bit of everything on your plate!

We were now STUFFED

But there was one final course…

The bill :O

Which was sugar coated with some ‘sweet endings’, a rose for me and a banana and walnut breakfast loaf to take home.

IMG_3213_zpse435bcc6.jpg

fruit jelly, an almond & raspberry tart, and a dark chocolate candy filled with rum!

We had one of each, it would be rude not to! The rum chocolate was AMAZING! I didn’t think chocolate could taste ‘fresh’ but this one did.

I left Adam to pay the bill, which we popped on the room key, mainly as it felt less painful. We thanked our servers and the hostess and headed back to reality, well as much as the GF lobby can be called reality.

We strolled back to the monorail, waddling as we were both stuffed. I was now regretting the tightness of my dress!

Again we opted to take the monorail to MK instead of getting the bus, it just seemed more special even though it probably wasn’t quicker!

From MK we went on another entertaining stroll to the bus stops, interestingly the effect wasn’t the same without shades :D

A bus was waiting for us and we were soon back at our resort ready for an early night….

……

…… KIDDING!

It was only 9pm, we were off to EMH at Hollywood studios!

We changed into park gear and headed back to the bus stop,

We made it to Hollywood studios just before 10.

IMG_3215_zpsa5eeb407.jpg

It was rather busy since Fantasmic was yet to start, but once the 10pm showing started the park quietened down considerably.

We took advantage of this with some photopass pics!

fedeb2af-f091-455a-8d61-a1cc01236ced_zps88c99bd6.jpg

7aeb7659-ac39-4b01-be9c-a1cc01236cee_zpsa4801a0f.jpg

d5ffb4f0-2eaa-4195-b72e-a1cc01236ce6_zps1c76a02c.jpg

We took a quick look on the mydisney app at wait times and TSM said 20minutes! We hended over but alas it has reached 40 minutes by the time we got there. Darn

Instead we headed towards an old favourite

DSCF1909_zps5af6488f.jpg

We rode it a fair few times :D

DSCF1914_zpsaf430285.jpg

DSCF1917_zpsfc8953e3.jpg

Next we headed to rock and roller coaster and it was here that we discovered the single rider line. What a BRILLIANT little secret, well, it’s not hidden but nobody seemed to be using it, so much so that we managed a few repeat rides, each time beating even the fastpass queue since they join the main line once in the building where as the single rider lines goes alllll the way through separately.

We were rather sleepy by now so with only 20 minutes until closing we took a quick glance at TSM, still 40 minutes, at 11.40! Giving up we headed for the exits. This time we really did go straight to bed, we had a rather badly planned early morning breakfast to get to!

Spends Recap

Breakfast – Nothing
Lunch - Artists Palette - $35
Dinner – Victoria and Alberts $395.50
Snacks – Nothing

Total for the day = $430.50
Total out of pocket - $395.50
Total saving – $35

NOM OF THE DAY

Has to be the halibut, I could have eaten this over and over again!

IMG_3198_zpsbb4271bb.jpg

Authors Note: Today’s wasn’t the best of days for us, I’ve included some of the detail to set the scene, and to hopefully explain why today wasn’t as action packed as usual as we weren’t our usual perky selves. We perk up later I promise!

Last night while updating facebook with the usual gloating holiday photos Adam had started to notice some rather unnerving posts from work colleagues, sure enough the morning brought confirmation of this, but rather frustratingly no hard facts. Not the best start to the morning and the worry brought us back to reality with a bit of a bump, which wasn’t great so early in the morning…did I mention this was 6am?

Yep to add to the stress I’d made a ****oo. You would think that after the copious amount of food we put away yesterday that we’d be ready for a break, and this was true, we were, however rather stupidly I’d booked a crystal palace breakfast for this morning! I can only blame myself, I was so preoccupied with finding a date without EMH that I booked the first day I found without considering the other days around it. So it’s because of this planning “oversight” that we were up at the crack of dawn and waiting for a bus at 7.30, I assured Adam it was worth it, we were going to see tigger you see!

I was a bit dubious of the onsite bus service ‘out of hours’ but in reality my worry was unfounded, a bus arrived within 10 minutes of us waiting, and we weren’t the only ones waiting so the bus soon filled up.

This was a first for us so I had no idea what to expect at the entrance but Disney had it all covered thanks to some trusty crowd control rope.

We joined the group, making a quick judgement of those in front and how many strollers we’d need to jump over to get in.

We were let in just before 8 and we moved as a group down main street. I soon realised the mistake in rushing, a big group entering at once completely ruins ‘empty’ main street shots. We hung back to wait as everyone else made their way towards the various breakfast points and breakneck speed (seriously, you wouldn’t think they had a reservation, it’s like plane loading all over again), until finally we could grab those important empty (well nearly) shots.

DSCF1920_zpscd49b975.jpg

DSCF1921_zps5f3253c9.jpg

DSCF1924_zps9977e93f.jpg

DSCF1927_zps856d8fc2.jpg

and then finally…. EMPTY!

DSCF1926_zps295f9056.jpg

Satisfied we’d milked the emptiness for all it was worth and got our moneys worth we headed over to check in.

We were handed a beeper and joined the rest of the groups trying to find some shade, today was a hot one!

Our name was soon called by our lovely cheerful server and she explained where everything was as she showed us to our table. Once seated she expertly ran off list of every drinks option available. We both went with the orange juice and coffee but I really wish I’d said chocolate milk, all the kids around us had it so I felt left out.

Our server told us the characters would be out very soon so I legged it off to pick up the main reason we were here..

MICKEY WAFFLES

IMG_3244_zps8f4293cc.jpg

I managed a quick piccie of me and said waffle before the characters started to arrive

IMG_3223_zps77d8a1b3.jpg

DSCF1929_zps5a4a773d.jpg

DSCF1930_zps76c24b6e.jpg

DSCF1928_zps9838124c.jpg

After Eeyore and Pooh we were advised of a break so Adam headed off for his plate

IMG_3222_zpsa7b136fd.jpg

and some pancakes for me

IMG_3221_zpsa7ca4086.jpg

which I drowned in syrup, no stupidly small plastic packets here! Oh no, here I had a SOUP BOWL full of syrup, YUM!

I noticed now that we had a decorated table for our anniversary

IMG_3224_zps81a5a9f4.jpg

Our server also brought out a little card signed by all the characters, which was very cute.

While finishing our first plates Piglet and Tigger arrived

DSCF1933_zps23622f44.jpg

DSCF1931_zps317f836d.jpg

We were clearly the first row to meet the characters so it was nice to get the interaction out of the way so we could concentrate on the EATING.

We tried a few other items, the French toast (chewy) and the lasagne (odd and VERY sweet), but I kept going back to the waffles, covered in a bowlful of syrup naturally :P

Full bellies were starting to become a constant feature of this holiday and this morning was definitely the peak. We eventually bit the bullet and rolled out into mainstreet, just as the park was opening to the general public.

DSCF1935_zps001f449a.jpg

Looking down main street FROM the castle as the hoards descend is a rather scary experience so in an effort to stay ahead of the game we hot footed it over to new fantasyland. Although we’d looked around on a previous night my alcohol levels I feel made me appreciate it on a different level to the one I was aiming for today :D

DSCF1943_zpscc529936.jpg

We headed first to Enchanted tales with Belle, which was already showing a 20 minute wait! I didn’t really know what to expect here apart from some cool special effects but I knew it was going to be interesting.

I was right, the special effects were very impressive, I think even Adam appreciated them in an otherwise girlie princess fest of an attraction.

IMG_3225_zps0d2a4bf8.jpg

Like most ‘experience’ attractions a lot of the fun comes from the audience and this was especially true for us. We had lots of girls dressed up as princesses in our group but one in particular was adorable. She desperately wanted to be chip and gasped and clapped when his name was announced. After being told chip liked to jump she kept doing it each and everytime his name was mentioned, heart meltingly cute, I think even Adam was moved by it

IMG_3226_zps957234b8.jpg

IMG_3227_zps084cd835.jpg

We had a very realistic Belle but during the show Adam pointed out in a whisper that she had a chin identical to that of Rodger Federer, on closer inspection she did and it gave me the giggles for the rest of the show!

DSCF1936_zps933e9d6c.jpg

Here’s ‘Chip’ meeting Belle

IMG_3228_zps9af3209b.jpg

At the end all the children went up to have their picture taken, I really wanted to go as well but no other adults went up so I wondered if perhaps you can’t, anyway I was too embarrassed to try!

Conscious that I needed to keep Adam’s mind off work today we headed towards storybook circus as I thought this might be a little quieter. It was a completely new area for us, I loved it. AMAZING theming throughout. We had a quick look round before joining the queue for Dumbo

I loved the new play area in the queue, it wasn’t seeing much use this early in the morning though.

IMG_3230_zps2ba7b9ed.jpg

Just as we were about to board my mobile, which adam was watching like a hawk, started to ring so Adam quickly left the queue to answer it.

It was a shame he missed it because I enjoyed the new dumbo, the detail is amazing and I loved the music.

IMG_3245_zps26fc4648.jpg

After the ride I ran to find Adam, no news, only confirmation of what he already knew, a big meeting and possible job losses…. EEEK!

We tried to remain positive and headed off towards Barmstormer.

We’d not been on the previous version of this but thought it looked fun… IT IS NOT! Especially if you’re tall, be prepared to loose a knee cap and possibly even an elbow.

Battered and bruised and just a little bit hot and bothered we made a beeline for the character tent and air conditions nirvana.

Again the detail in here is brilliant. We got some much better photos than the ones we had at epcot on the previous trip. We were here a while as we queued for both sides.

Photo3544FourBySix_zpsbf41c72f.jpg

Photo3545FourBySix_zpsacfb32d7.jpg

Photo3548FourBySix_zps45748d01.jpg

Photo3547FourBySix_zps2408c21c.jpg

Photo3538FourBySix_zpscf6c129c.jpg

Photo3540FourBySix_zps3d644697.jpg

Photo3550FourBySix_zps582a72cb.jpg

Photo3558FourBySix_zps8ae75255.jpg

Photo3556FourBySix_zps8e14daa0.jpg

Sorry there’s so many, I couldn’t pick my favs they were all great :D

They throw you out into the shop, which thanks to the snack area smelled of caramel popcorn. If they sold it as a fragrance, I’d buy it. We lingered a while, appreciating the smell and the air con before heading out again.

So far on our trips to various Disney parks we’ve never managed a trip on the railroad so we decided to give that a go. It was fun! It was great to see the park from a different angle. We got off at main street station and savoured the view from up there, before heading back down to join the crowds, it was now rather busy.

On the way back to the action we grabbed a fastpass for mickey later in the day and despite the big breakfast we decided to escape the crowds for a bit and grab an early lunch, we were shattered!

I hadn’t the patience for be our guest today so instead we headed towards Columbia harbour house. I joined the queue and sent Adam upstairs to look for a quiet table.

We got a chicken nuggets and fries

IMG_3232_zps14237cbc.jpg

and a tuna sandwich

IMG_3233_zps432c75fc.jpg

we both got an apple crisp

IMG_3234_zps2aac45bf.jpg

For drinks Adam had a water and I had a lemon slush

Once I found Adam I check my phone, 3 missed calls, Adam rang back straight away, thank god it’s quiet upstairs at CHH!

I munched away on my tuna sandwich but to be honest I’d lost my appetite, my heart was in my stomach and there was no room for food. I could tell by his face it wasn’t good news ☹

After what seemed like forever he finished the call, it was confirmed, he’d lost his job. We sat for a while, discussing the options they had given him, all requiring his response from a computer back home. We discussed getting a plane home tomorrow, but neither of us wanted that, we were here now and most things were paid for, we should stay. His boss said he’d call soon once he knew details on Adam’s options considering he was away, so for now we just had to get on with it. I finished my sandwich and Adam picked at his, which was now cold. With a deep breathe we headed off, we couldn’t be anywhere better to take our mind off it after all!

First up was Pirates, unfortunately there was a bigish queue now, great for keeping out of the sun but not so great for ‘thinking’. Unfortunately this thinking time meant we spent most of the queue in silence, mainly because I was crying and I didn’t want Adam to notice. I know that’s not a very supportive reaction but the frustration and build up since the night before had gotten to me, how dare they ruin our holiday and more so how dare I let them!

Luckily the ride was dark and I managed a sneaky loo trip straight after to repair the damage to my eyeliner so Adam didn’t even know, pillar of strength me you know :P

Next we headed to tomorrowland and managed to jump on stitch and a showing of **** rather quickly to keep us busy.

We went to see what the queue for space mountain was like and at only 15 minutes we grabbed a fast pass and headed on. Still love the ride, even more than the DLP version I think!

We were now well into our mickey FP return time so we hot footed it against the flow of crowds towards the entrance. We made it with seconds to spare judging by the big clock the cast member checked as we staggered to a halt.

Again I’m loving all the new meet and greet areas, I loved all the items in my travel case. I wish my shoes and jackets had individual compartments like mickey’s

2j5xqhi.jpg

After a short wait we got to meet the main man!

Photo3590FourBySix_zpsb449ac10.jpg

Photo3591FourBySix_zps9621fc8b.jpg

Photo3593FourBySix_zpsbb1bbe62.jpg

Meeting Mickey had given me the boost I needed. I was determined to devote the rest of the holiday (well today at least!) to keeping us both smiling. While Adam nipped to the little boys room I grabbed our long overdue anniversary badges, and since he was taking AGES, I also grabbed some sorcerer cards for later.

As we headed back down main street I made sure we stopped for some more lovely photos

d0070655-f3b5-49d3-b9ef-a1cc01231b90_zps62be5aed.jpg

3009512a-9c6d-42d8-8519-a1cc01231cdf_zps429c9dcd.jpg

Photo3637FourBySix_zps85894f9e.jpg

Photo3629FourBySix_zpsb64f23bf.jpg

Before stopping to watch the celebration parade, to which I made sure we had a boogie :P

DSCF1942_zps9ea4c194.jpg

Next we headed towards the mountains of adventureland, unfortunately both were heaving so we gave that up as a bad job and instead went to the only quiet attraction…. The tiki room. Mainly because we’d never done it and I was intrigued,…..

hmmm yes, very intriguing. I maybe should have tried this the other night after all the champers to get complete enjoyment from it!

Realising that Tomorrowland was clearly the quietest area of the park we headed over there, planning to do some of the less popular attractions.

We started with the people mover, which ok, is just a tram, but I welcomed the seat and the aircon, in fact I would do it again!

Next was the carousel of progress, a song which I will now never get out of my head. The words “a great big beautiful tomorrow” seemed particularly fitting today. The show is certainly a classic and I’m sure it wowed audiences back in the 60’s. A highlight was when the cast member told everyone to reach under their seats for their 3D glasses… and most people did…. Seriously?!?!?

We finished off just as our fp window for space mountain opened so we headed over, again great ride.

It was getting late now but it wasn’t long enough to give us time to nip back to SSR to change before going to the poly, instead we opted to stay in MK a little while longer instead, so we headed for new fantasyland so see what ariel was up to.

DSCF1946_zpsd3838450.jpg

DSCF1945_zpsf832607c.jpg

The ride queue was in silly figures, but the meet and greet said only 20 minutes so we joined it.

It was worth the wait

Photo3710FourBySix_zps1c91d6ec.jpg

Photo3697FourBySix_zps5a79a51d.jpg

Judging by Adam’s smile I don’t think he was as ‘taken’ with this version. What do you think?

2009’s…

Image0181.jpg

This years…

Photo3705FourBySix_zps32fc1db2.jpg

yep definitely more ‘taken’ with the Ariel of 2009! You can usually tell how impressed he is by the size of his grin, watch out for that when we visit Cindy :P

It was now almost time for our reservation so we made for the exit, getting some more photopass pics on the way
Photo3715FourBySix_zps828aec2e.jpg

Photo3612FourBySix_zps090fc35d.jpg

bye bye castle :*(

DSCF1949_zpsc5434033.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter