• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2019 TRIP REPORTS

81EB5B67-3D25-4B92-B241-BDDD1F9D5999.jpeg 0E28094E-A2AD-4E01-8FDA-3702F80F1FE4.jpeg 9E216A85-34D5-4C57-BD3E-327367FA15A0.png Easter Sunday! My favorite day at the Fort. Four of our teens did the early morning fun run and that was great - one of them won a pontoon hour for 2nd place! Seeing the Fort at that time is also pretty special. We love the activities - tons of candy - but best of all, we met Musket Mickey!!! The cast members really do such a great job that day.

Boat over to the Contemporary for Mass after that - they pulled out a vintage boat for that. I find it very special to share the celebration with people from all over the world. :love:

Since our kids were small, we’ve been photographing them at the character totem pole at Wilderness Lodge so after lunch at the site, another boat ride over (this is by far, my favorite ride in all WDW). The four older boys are at the QS while my husband and little one had a drink at Teritory Lounge - what a great lounge and the food is so much better than at the one on the lake. It’s going on my “must” list from now on.

Last edited:
For us, a Fort stay is a resort stay. Because of proximity, Disney parks are a familiar place, not a destination vacation place, so that lets us do Fort only visits without feeling like we have to go to the parks. The beauty of this place is that it fills so many different ideas of a vacation and I’m sure we all leave loving our time there.

The Fort offers all my kids (6 - 14) plenty to do plus a certain amount of freedom. They check out all sorts of sports equipment and have pickup games in the field by the pool with kids from all over. Dodgeball with 80 kids is also a highlight. This time, one of them was very in demand for his tennis skills.

No real negatives this trip. We were in loop 2100 AGAIN despite calling and faxing. In 15 or so trips, have only been in 1500 once. 2100 has grown on me - the sites are large and private. One night, some drunk lady a few sites down decided to sing screaming till 12:30 but security actually came when we called. Color me amazed they responded. Otherwise, the loop was quiet.

We thought my parents would come spend the day so we rented a golf cart from Kenny’s and loved it but it’s an expense I can do without as biking the Fort is as perfect a pastime as I can think of. Because of the car breakdown, we were short bikes so the golf cart was actually very useful.

The new Lakesife resort will be very near the Fort and I don’t think the Fort will come through unchanged but the beach modifications give me comfort that the Fort is still in Disney’s long-term plans. I hate they are knocking down so many trees - some of those trees are probably 40-50 years old.

My friend had been trying to get reservations for a while with no luck but there were at least 10-12 empty sites in 2100 while we were there. I don’t want to think that they were throwaway sites that were shutting out people who truly wanted to enjoy the campground.

We have no Fort trip planned until New Years but I’m going to try and squeeze something in this summer. Need more vacation time!!!! Thanks for reading!

Teamubr-funny you mentioned the vast amounts of peanuts I had. After realizing I had too many peanuts, I actually gave a bag to the family next to us. They have four young kids, and I thought they could use a diversion. The first thing I thought of today when I saw the dead squirrel was-did my peanuts do that?

amcc-Thanks for helping me understand what the locals do at the Fort. Since we live so far away, we see our Disney trips more as a "doing Diseny trip." And, we too saw some (not a lot, but some) empty sites.

Made it back to Tucon after a great month at the Fort. 9 days to get there from Az and only 4 days to get back home. Learned we could drive a long distance each day when outrunning the big storms. Tornados, rain, and baseball size hail. Will think long and hard before crossing the country again in March and April. Reservations in and ready for another month at the fort Oct to Nov. We have that I 10 travel down pretty well.

Glad you made it home safe and sound. I think this Spring was a little unusual with the pattern the storms were taking. Our local weather people were saying we normally have more severe storms by now, but they were staying south.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter