April 2021 Car Rental Thread

UGH... Our plans have changed due to a family emergency. Originally booked a MS SUV at Hertz, 4/11-4/16, "weekly" rate of $299, thru autoslash/Priceline. We have had to extend our stay until Sunday, 4/18. Still a weekly rental but now the best I can do is $446 at Hertz, once again through autoslash/Priceline. Should I try calling Hertz directly and see if they'll extend the original rental for the full week, at the same price, or is that a waste of my time this year?
Can't hurt to try right?

UGH... Our plans have changed due to a family emergency. Originally booked a MS SUV at Hertz, 4/11-4/16, "weekly" rate of $299, thru autoslash/Priceline. We have had to extend our stay until Sunday, 4/18. Still a weekly rental but now the best I can do is $446 at Hertz, once again through autoslash/Priceline. Should I try calling Hertz directly and see if they'll extend the original rental for the full week, at the same price, or is that a waste of my time this year?
Google’d =

https://blog.autoslash.com/car-rental-extension/

Is there anyway to bypass the line at Budget?

Also, to those that recommended U T - Thank you! I would never have thought to look there.

Last edited:
I’m about 10 days out and currently, rates are about $200 more than what I have reserved. Even if they go down in the next week, I don’t think they’ll get close to my current rate.

Can't hurt to try right?

THANK YOU, HERTZ!! I've been dealing with them via FB messenger, thought I had an adjusted reservation (extending my 5 day "weekly" rental to a full, 7 day weekly rental for only $30 more) but when I checked my reservation online this morning, nobody had changed anything. It was worth a long game of "press 2 for..." and a 20 minute hold, but the lovely lady at Hertz honored that quote without hesitation. My $299 five day SUV rental is now a $329 seven day rental.. I am so FREAKING relieved, as the "best" other quote I was coming up with for the week was hovering around $450 :scared1:. NOW I just hope they have vehicles available (we land at 7:30pm)!

Ouch! Under a week to go. Just checked Alamo rates and they are around $550 for the week. Glad I reserved one several months ago. Doesn't look like prices will be dropping this trip.

Last edited:
I am at Disney now. BE WARNED that car rental is crazy. I was in line for 90 minutes at Hertz- and that was the short line, Budget had a bazillion people in their line, and I couldn't see the rest. It was dense-pack in the car rental area. They had a car for me, even the correct size, but they were announcing that if you didn't have a reservation they weren't able to rent a car to you. THEN it took 45 mins to get out of the car-parking garage. The desks in the garage were mobbed, too. UGH, what a night, but at least I got a car (and it was $3 less than I'd been quoted!)

I am at Disney now. BE WARNED that car rental is crazy. I was in line for 90 minutes at Hertz- and that was the short line, Budget had a bazillion people in their line, and I couldn't see the rest. It was dense-pack in the car rental area. They had a car for me, even the correct size, but they were announcing that if you didn't have a reservation they weren't able to rent a car to you. THEN it took 45 mins to get out of the car-parking garage. The desks in the garage were mobbed, too. UGH, what a night, but at least I got a car (and it was $3 less than I'd been quoted!)

Oh wow...that sounds insane. We booked via Alamo and are flying in on a Monday morning and I'm doing their pre-arrival check-in so hopefully we can walk right up to our vehicle and drive off. I'm a bit scared now for this one and especially another trip we have coming up in May/June.

I’m about 10 days out and currently, rates are about $200 more than what I have reserved. Even if they go down in the next week, I don’t think they’ll get close to my current rate.

I just checked and now the rate is almost $300 more than our current reservation. I’m not too worried about getting a car since we ended up arriving late the day before, staying at the airport that night, and scheduled the pickup the next morning. We’ll have all day to wait for a car, but hopefully one will be waiting from the previous night drop offs.

I just checked and now the rate is almost $300 more than our current reservation. I’m not too worried about getting a car since we ended up arriving late the day before, staying at the airport that night, and scheduled the pickup the next morning. We’ll have all day to wait for a car, but hopefully one will be waiting from the previous night drop offs.
Has anyone rented from the CCC recently? Have an upcoming reservation on the 23rd and just checked rates and to my surprise it says there are no cars available.

Just a heads up for anyone struggling to find cars at a reasonable rate, the last couple times we have used UT to knock hundreds off prevailing autoslash/priceline rates. Buy ANY ticket on their site (our last was a movie popcorn ticket for $7) and you'll qualify for their discount pricing on car rentals. We have been reserving Budget, entered the reservation directly on their Fastbreak website, then going directly to the line in the garage. Others report this is not possible :confused3 , but it worked perfectly for us in Nov and March and saved a fortune on both trips. Lines were long but moved much faster in the garage as most people were unfortunately sent back in to the main counter. We have it set up for June as well!

Just a heads up for anyone struggling to find cars at a reasonable rate, the last couple times we have used UT to knock hundreds off prevailing autoslash/priceline rates. Buy ANY ticket on their site (our last was a movie popcorn ticket for $7) and you'll qualify for their discount pricing on car rentals. We have been reserving Budget, entered the reservation directly on their Fastbreak website, then going directly to the line in the garage. Others report this is not possible :confused3 , but it worked perfectly for us in Nov and March and saved a fortune on both trips. Lines were long but moved much faster in the garage as most people were unfortunately sent back in to the main counter. We have it set up for June as well!
Thank you! I have just been inquiring about this and have a ticket in my cart for this sole purpose! We actually are renting halfway through our trip while we are at SeaWorld and need a rental to get to Tampa since the Uber is usually a little over $100, and it was going to be crazy to get a rental until I discovered this. I am looking into locations closer to my hotel but am scared to book a different location besides the airport or the Disney Car Care Center since i know those are pretty reliable. But I found a Budget at the Embassy Suites SeaWorld that we might try renting from.

I booked Alamo like I always do, and hope to just walk to my vehicle as usual. I check in and do all the paperwork on the Alamo site, after booking on Costco..... We arrive on the 18th about 9 am.

Is rental car pick up still closed on B side?

I booked Alamo like I always do, and hope to just walk to my vehicle as usual. I check in and do all the paperwork on the Alamo site, after booking on Costco..... We arrive on the 18th about 9 am.
Will you let us know how it goes for you please? I am arriving on 5/2..3:30pm.

Oh wow...that sounds insane. We booked via Alamo and are flying in on a Monday morning and I'm doing their pre-arrival check-in so hopefully we can walk right up to our vehicle and drive off. I'm a bit scared now for this one and especially another trip we have coming up in May/June.
Will you let us know how it goes for you please? I am arriving on 5/2..3:30pm.

We arrived at 12:15 on 4/10. We walked right out to the Alamo area, picked out a car, and drove off. Super easy with skip the counter and no lines.

Thank you so much for this! Just reserved via UT. Can you tell me how you add the reservation to your car rental App? I only have a confirmation number from UT. Nothing that resembles an Avis number.

Thank you for the tip! I just bought a AMC popcorn ticket and reserved 8 day rental out of MCO for $210 which knocked off more than a few hundreds of dollars off my other reservation. I was seriously debating taking Uber/Lyft option for the first time. However, having a car saves much time and also we could be mask-less in our rental car which would be a saver with Florida temps. I also linked the reservation online with Fastbreak and I could see it on the Budget App. So it's my first time reserving a car with Budget in MCO so once you have the Fastbreak, you could go straight to the garage and pick out a car in the aisle and just show the ressie and the license as you exit out of the garage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter