April 2021 Cruises Heading Towards Cancellation

I am seeing less and less divisiveness anymore. It will soon get to the point that any dissent to the orthodox narrative will be hard to find. More and more sites, platforms, boards, etc. are gatekeeping.
I disagree. I see divisive opinions pieces (each side always blaming the other side for something) all the time.

I hated to do it but we cancelled our April cruise before DCL could do it again. 95% of our $$ was tied up in DGC's so we pulled the plug and we'll go to WDW instead on April vacation. We weren't gonna gain anything by waiting and I was able to book a room at the Yacht Club which is our favorite area. I need a vacation and I can't wait while DCL. Someday when things are normal we'll book again.

I hated to do it but we cancelled our April cruise before DCL could do it again. 95% of our $$ was tied up in DGC's so we pulled the plug and we'll go to WDW instead on April vacation. We weren't gonna gain anything by waiting and I was able to book a room at the Yacht Club which is our favorite area. I need a vacation and I can't wait while DCL. Someday when things are normal we'll book again.

I don't blame you. I would not want my money tied up with DCL right now, even for the extra 25% credit. We moved our WBPC from Feb 2021 to March 2022 but if the FPDD approaches and we are unable to move our res and keep our OBB, we'll just cancel completely. We have $500 deposit by cc and $2000 by DGC. Once dh and I are both fully vaccinated, we'll feel a little more ready to venture out and have a vacation. We love the YC and it sounds heavenly right now.

I don't blame you. I would not want my money tied up with DCL right now, even for the extra 25% credit. We moved our WBPC from Feb 2021 to March 2022 but if the FPDD approaches and we are unable to move our res and keep our OBB, we'll just cancel completely. We have $500 deposit by cc and $2000 by DGC. Once dh and I are both fully vaccinated, we'll feel a little more ready to venture out and have a vacation. We love the YC and it sounds heavenly right now.

We lost our extra 25% from the cancelled cruise last April in 2020. But we doubt that April 2021 is gonna be a go and if it was there would be severe limitations making the 25% not worth it. I won't be using DGC to book a trip anytime in the near future, we would prefer to go to the Florida Keys again!

We lost our extra 25% from the cancelled cruise last April in 2020. But we doubt that April 2021 is gonna be a go and if it was there would be severe limitations making the 25% not worth it. I won't be using DGC to book a trip anytime in the near future, we would prefer to go to the Florida Keys again!
Do you have a hotel recommendation for the Keys? Thanks.

Do you have a hotel recommendation for the Keys? Thanks.

Take a look at Baker’s Cay Resort in Key Largo. Can be pricey but at times they have killer rates. It’s a Hilton Property and it was fantastic. Only thing I can recommend is if you are bringing a family, go fora room with a 2nd bathroom. We are a family of 5 and had a 2 bedroom suite, but only 1 bathroom 😂. We can laugh about it now.... But all in all it was perfect. Key Largo was just the right area and speed for us. Key West reminded me of New Orleans, too much of a party scene for us but we had a great day visit. Let me know if you go, I have good dining recommendations in Key Largo!

Well, I’m probably in the minority, but I am very much hoping my April cruise gets cancelled. I had originally booked Concierge for Dec 2021, but I moved it to a non-concierge Jan 2022 cruise. Then, I downgraded rooms to cheapest inside and removed extra person (less port fees) for April 2021 hoping for cancellation. I got a small refund with the downgrade and am hoping the rest will be following soon. At this point, I’d much rather have the money back to help renovate my bathroom than have it tied up in a vacation.

Well, I’m probably in the minority, but I am very much hoping my April cruise gets cancelled. I had originally booked Concierge for Dec 2021, but I moved it to a non-concierge Jan 2022 cruise. Then, I downgraded rooms to cheapest inside and removed extra person (less port fees) for April 2021 hoping for cancellation. I got a small refund with the downgrade and am hoping the rest will be following soon. At this point, I’d much rather have the money back to help renovate my bathroom than have it tied up in a vacation.
That's certainly understandable. I have one booked for October, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Yeah, we have a concierge booking for May (the deposit has probably moved 3 times) that I hope gets cancelled so I can get our deposit back. The non-refundable nature of the deposit is the only reason we still have the cruise in place anyway.

Disney has undoubtedly already cancelled April internally. They're just making things easier for themselves by spacing out the refunds by waiting to tell their customers. Which is a **** move.

April is still outside of PIF though... right? No one is currently due until 60 days out and April 1st is 67 days away (with the exception of concierge). Anyone can get their money back by canceling, and if you're holding on in the hopes of an extra 25% then that is a choice. I DO feel sorry for anyone having their trips cancelled, and would rather Disney be more forthright with their announcements but I guess if I was upset I would have cancelled a long time ago and not worried about it. I have a cruise in November that I'm losing hope on since we're choosing to be vaccinated first and it is going slower than expected in my state. No way I'd wait until the nth hour to cancel if I wanted a refund.

Hopefully Disney isn't trying to collect free money from people who forget to cancel in time.

We’ve never booked DCL concierge. So you’re saying that, with concierge, you cannot get a full refund if you cancel before PIF?
Correct. Concierge deposits are not refundable. They can be moved to another cruise, but not refunded. The cancellation of the cruise by DCL is the only circumstance under which Concierge deposits are refundable.

Correct. Concierge deposits are not refundable. They can be moved to another cruise, but not refunded. The cancellation of the cruise by DCL is the only circumstance under which Concierge deposits are refundable.
I have only cruise concierge once, and none of my upcoming cruises are concierge either.
Just curious if concierge can get a refund under DCLs current flexible refund policy within 14 days of embarkation if they fall into one of the qualifying scenarios. I don't see any exclusions for concierge guests

Flexible Refund Policy
  • Within 14 days prior to embarkation, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
    • Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to May 31, 2022.
    • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
  • Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
    • Have symptoms of COVID-19
    • Have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater
    • Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
    • Have tested positive for COVID-19
  • Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
  • Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of embarkation will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.

hmm...this morning, I went to look to see how many days until our April cruise, and our reservations are not showing in the app or website. Say it isn't so. Noooooooooo! 😳 (btw, we kinda expected it to get cancelled, but were also holding on to a little bit of hope)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter