April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Omg... so much chocolate. What was I thinking? Yesterday was lovely tho, just sitting around talking to real people. The quiche I made turned out really well, and the house was mostly clean. Really pretty proud of myself.

So my motivation this week is to get all the chocolate out of my system. My tummy aches just thinking of it.

This weekend was a good weekend. We went on a few bike rides and hung out. We talked with friends of ours on a Google meet. She is pregnant for the for the first time. She is only 7 weeks and had a doctors appointment on Thursday but they didn't hear a heartbeat. She goes for a high resolution ultrasound this week. I am hoping and praying that it was just early and things will be fine. We had Google meets with DH's family and my family yesterday. It was nice talking to everyone but really miss getting together in person. Hopefully soon. I am not sure we will see my nephew anytime soon. He is almost 22 and has decided he is not going to get the vaccine and doesn't do anything that is safe. So we may not see him until the kids are vaccinated. It also sounds like my nephew that will be 16 in July has decided that he is not getting it either. My SIL has not gotten it and my brother is trying to find out if it is safe for him with his heart condition. I think we will still get together in May though. I just need to get comfortable with others.

Today we went for a 4.5 mile bike ride. It was really nice but a little hilly too. I had to walk up some of the hills. Afterwards I took DD school shopping. Shopping now is so much more expensive then in August with all the deals. She is good to go now for school and summer. I will take DS another day this week. Tomorrow the 3 of us have eye appointments in the morning and then hair appointments in the afternoon. Wednesday is DS's 15th birthday. And then Friday we will be going to the zoo. DH only took off today and Friday, I took the week off. Too much with the kids to get together before starting school on the 12th.

It felt good to get back on track today-overindulged yesterday but planned better meals for the rest of the week. At least with the beautiful weather we have walked at least twice a day. Went to TJ Maxx this morning and bought a couple summer things-more motivation!

Hi! I’m Wish! I am new to the W.I.S.H. boards but I definitely think this looks comfy and welcoming to me. I am a gaming guru and work as a broadcaster/streamer on Twitch and then work behind the scenes at Twitch.

After a trip to WDW in 2019 where I weighed nearly 400lbs at 32 years old, I had to do something after getting kicked off Kali River Rapids(the worst experience of my life) and getting a mobility scooter to get around the parks after I physically couldn’t do any further. I also got diagnosed with Diabetes type 2. I got WLS 7/21/20 and so far have lost 122lbs from 382lbs!!!! Whoo hoo. My diabetes is reversed from a 13 A1c to a 5.5 a1c! My mobility is soooo much better as well. Still have a long ways to go but I am here for it.

My goals are to up exercise minutes, hit my protein and water goals daily and find some fabulous low-calorie meals my family will enjoy.

Side goal: Ride Kali River Rapids and Flight of Passage when I visit WDW in 13 days!

Hi! I’m Wish! I am new to the W.I.S.H. boards but I definitely think this looks comfy and welcoming to me. I am a gaming guru and work as a broadcaster/streamer on Twitch and then work behind the scenes at Twitch.

After a trip to WDW in 2019 where I weighed nearly 400lbs at 32 years old, I had to do something after getting kicked off Kali River Rapids(the worst experience of my life) and getting a mobility scooter to get around the parks after I physically couldn’t do any further. I also got diagnosed with Diabetes type 2. I got WLS 7/21/20 and so far have lost 122lbs from 382lbs!!!! Whoo hoo. My diabetes is reversed from a 13 A1c to a 5.5 a1c! My mobility is soooo much better as well. Still have a long ways to go but I am here for it.

My goals are to up exercise minutes, hit my protein and water goals daily and find some fabulous low-calorie meals my family will enjoy.

Side goal: Ride Kali River Rapids and Flight of Passage when I visit WDW in 13 days!
:welcome:

It’s Topic Tuesday.
Today’s topic is foam rolling. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?

I have never tried it, but my husband has. He said sometimes it hurts while using it, but in a good way. I know there are routines on Beachbody OnDemand, but I haven’t tried one yet. But I keep thinking about it. So I’m curious if anyone here has tried it.

Welcome!

Welcome! Happy to have you join us.

Welcome new folks 💗👋

and... THANK YOU!!! For all the bday wishes!!! Great start to my morning😁

So busy w our appointments... my son is dyslexic 👍 but I’m thrilled that we have a plan set up so early in his education. He’s a bright kiddo & im certain it will all be fine!

Had a great birthday wkend mixed w good food, egg dyeing, and down time! I did indulge of course... so no weight down but I maintained 👍

Goal for April is 2lbs a week - which equals dedication!!! I need to stay consistent! I’ve been doing beach body wk outs & walks/jog ( Did anyone see the virtual Lion King Run Disney 🦁 opening this Thursday? ) + I’m getting less concerned about my caffeine fix in in the am than my fruit/veggie smoothie 🙌 Good signs!

As for that foam roller—- we have one. 😆 No idea why?! It must be my husbands. Never used it and honestly don’t recall him using it either 🤷‍♀️ Strange!

I have a foam roller and guess what... I don't use it! Yep, another one of those spur-of-the-moment-no-follow-thru things clogging up my closets and cupboards. This might be a good reminder to get it out and give it a try. I do remember that it can hurt, but in kind of a good way, as in you can tell you're on a spot that needs it.

Goal for April is 2lbs a week - which equals dedication!!! I need to stay consistent! I’ve been doing beach body wk outs & walks/jog ( Did anyone see the virtual Lion King Run Disney 🦁 opening this Thursday? ) + I’m getting less concerned about my caffeine fix in in the am than my fruit/veggie smoothie 🙌 Good signs!

Thanks for the heads up. I think I wanna sign up for this but which medal do I want? (OR ALL OF THEM?!)

View attachment 567007
It’s Topic Tuesday.
Today’s topic is foam rolling. Have you tried it? What are your thoughts?

I have never tried it, but my husband has. He said sometimes it hurts while using it, but in a good way. I know there are routines on Beachbody OnDemand, but I haven’t tried one yet. But I keep thinking about it. So I’m curious if anyone here has tried it.
I use mine a lot not just after working out. I use mine after a 13 hour shift at the hospital. It does hurt but feels good after.

:welcome:

I do not have a foam roller but I used one when I was in PT for my back many years ago.

I might need to do one of the Lion King 5K's. I like the classic one and the last one (the challenge one). I think I will do the classic one because I am not sure I want to pay for all of them. But I have a day or so to think about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter