April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Thought I would share a new salad I tried last weekend-my daughter and sister in law both asked for the recipe, so I am thinking it’s a keeper.

://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87296/seven-layer-mixed-up-salad/

I read the comments and made a couple minor adjustments. I doubled the celery and grape tomatoes (which I cut in half), used 2/3 cups light sour cream and two tablespoons light Mayo for the dressing and probably used half the package of Ranch dressing. I served it on chopped romaine because we like lettuce.

It’s Social Saturday!
How many of these have you done? Share one that you hope to do next trip. Or share a memory of one that you did do.

https://allears.net/2021/02/01/how-many-of-these-50-walt-disney-world-must-dos-have-you-done/
I have done 41 of these! I try so hard to be a Galactic Hero, but I think I need to read some tips online for help! And I think I’ll try to catch the flag retreat on our next trip since I don’t have dining reservations for dinner on our Magic Kingdom day. I keep talking about the Kitchen Sink. But when we finally went to Beaches & Cream, my family didn’t want it.

It’s Social Saturday!
How many of these have you done? Share one that you hope to do next trip. Or share a memory of one that you did do.

https://allears.net/2021/02/01/how-many-of-these-50-walt-disney-world-must-dos-have-you-done/
I have done 41 of these! I try so hard to be a Galactic Hero, but I think I need to read some tips online for help! And I think I’ll try to catch the flag retreat on our next trip since I don’t have dining reservations for dinner on our Magic Kingdom day. I keep talking about the Kitchen Sink. But when we finally went to Beaches & Cream, my family didn’t want it.

Good news! Our friends daughter is back home! Hopefully the shunt can drain properly so she doesn’t have to go back. This family has been through so much and they are just amazing! So full of love and positivity!

Also our neighbor who was in the work accident got his fitted back brace and was able to get out of bed to stand yesterday. So he was discharged and is home to rest. The challenge will be for his wife to get him to take it easy for the next several weeks!

36/50

Me too. I'd also like to get to the "girly" castle meals someday, but my usual travel group is DH and DS - they aren't really interested, and I haven't yet run out of other meals I'd like to try that they are on board with.
My family is the opposite since I have a daughter and no sons. My hockey coach husband dreamed of having a boy to do sporty things with. DD is a girly girl like her Mommy, so my DH goes along with it. But, one day, when we have a son-in-law, he will have the time of his life and get to do all things he hasn't been able to do for 23 years.

One day you might have a daughter-in-law or grandchildren to share the girly things with.princess:princess:

We haven’t had the kitchen sink-but love Beaches and Cream! Or eaten at Victoria and Albert’s-I admit to reading dinner reviews and being really tempted, but can’t quite make the reservation. Haven’t been to Sam’s Grogs yet, but hopefully on our next trip!

It’s Self Care Sunday!
What are you doing to take care of yourself?

Today is a rainy day. I’m currently laying in bed (so I slept in a little), listening to the rain and the birds outside. I’ll still get up and do my workout. Then I’ll watch the virtual church service and have a healthy breakfast. Today is meal prep day. So I will make my salads for lunch and cut up veggies for dinners this week. If there is a break in the rain, I might go for a walk. Then as a family, we need to clean out closets for a clothing drive fundraiser for my daughters field hockey team. Happy Sunday!

Today kicks off my week of spring cleaning. I will probably start with my bedroom. Plus the usual weekend chores of laundry etc. I took it easy yesterday, so no more putting off chores. I also need to get on the treadmill. Just being off school this week is my treat.

Saturday: I've done 39... Star Wars Land is new since my last trip, so I'll for sure get those things done in September. I haven't been on Slinky Dog or Saucers yet, Toy Story Land was open my last trip but the timing just wasn't right to do either ride, I'll try to do those next trips as well. I have friends who are really in to the Kitchen Sink, but I can't do it... it does look yummy tho. I was going to say no to eating in every country in the World Showcase, but when I did a mental walkaround (ahhhhh....) I realized I have eaten something in each and had a meal in each TS except Morocco.

Sunday: Clear blue skies outside this morning, so I'm going to head down to the beach in a bit. I'm getting my haircut today, else I would probably head out on a longer road trip. This coming week is supposed to be very nice, getting almost up to the 60's so there will be a lot of happiness! Other than getting outside to day it is just some light chores... laundry, dishes and vacuuming.

Happy Anniversary SJREC! 🥂

Busy week here. It went by so fast! New lights in kitchen (late bday gift arrival 😁) so that’s my woo hoo!

i did not get in on the virtual run either... so crazy it sold out so quickly!!! I’ve maintained weight. And ate great worked out y’all 😑 No running tho. Why?! Must I run for it to come off 🙄 Apparently I’ll be back to that this week.

I got 39 of 50. I’m not a fast ride person 😆 we did do V&A... super lovely memorable night for 10th anniversary- truthfully... Sam’s Grog Grotto is my 🥰🍹🗿🌋 fav tho - that is a must do 😉

Today I did brunch w my mother & daughters. I went out to a tennis day w my girls too & played for first time in a long while. Sunny, gorgeous & pollen city! Time to wash up & chill out for the eve. Hope everyone has a great start to the week! 😊

There are many things that can derail my motivation...people, stress, circumstances beyond my control, etc., and I am tired of taking three steps forward and five steps backwards. I can no longer allow outside forces to interfere with my progress. Losing weight and getting healthy is too important.

My daily mantra has become:
“KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE.” That is exactly what I must do.
A7986D41-080C-4B2E-BC91-913E444F038D.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter