April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Last week we had a team meeting about status reports and my manager made a comment about wanting us to be the leaders, to be the best and a step ahead of the rest of the group. This struck a chord with me, and it made me realize I've been just hanging on and thinking I was never going to be the best at anything in the group because I am self taught and have less experience in the role. I called myself out on that hogwash. Friday afternoon I totally reformated my status report and it looks pretty darn good. And I'm starting to push the team to using more true 'agile' principles (agile is a method for development management), which should move us forward as well.

So that's my motivation for myself this week as well... how can I be the best that I can be, instead of just getting by? Each week I've tried to reduce the amount of food I buy but I am still throwing a lot of food out. So yesterday I got radical and only bought one thing of hamburger and one thing of lettuce, oh and there were some "probiotic prunes" that caught my eye so I gots some of those as well. My intention is to not go back to the grocery store until I've eaten all of the hamburger.

I also didn't go for my drive this morning, my intention is to start using that time to really get ready for the day, as in doing my hair (what's left of it as we went really short) and putting on my makeup, and to start actually working earlier. In turn that means I didn't go to Starbucks, as I've promised myself I can start having the house cleaned when I stop spending $$$ at SB. And having a clean house is part of being my best me.

Last edited:
Last week we had a team meeting about status reports and my manager made a comment about wanting us to be the leaders, to be the best and a step ahead of the rest of the group. This struck a chord with me, and it made me realize I've been just to just hang on and thinking I was never going to be the best at anything in the group because I am self taught and have less experience in the role. I called myself out on that hogwash. Friday afternoon I totally reformated my status report and it looks pretty darn good. And I'm starting to push the team to using more true 'agile' principles (agile is a method for development management), which should move us forward as well.

So that's my motivation for myself this week as well... how can I be the best that I can be, instead of just getting by? Each week I've tried to reduce the amount of food I buy but I am still throwing a lot of food out. So yesterday I got radical and only bought one thing of hamburger and one thing of lettuce, oh and there were some "probiotic prunes" that caught my eye so I gots some of those as well. My intention is to not go back to the grocery store until I've eaten all of the hamburger.

I also didn't go for my drive this morning, my intention is to start using that time to really get ready for the day, as in doing my hair (what's left of it as we went really short) and putting on my makeup, and to start actually working earlier. In turn that means I didn't go to Starbucks, as I've promised myself I can start having the house cleaned when I stop spending $$$ at SB. And having a clean house is part of being my best me.
Outstanding!

Spring cleaning is off to a great start!

I woke up to a text from my DH designed to start an argument. His biggest problem is that he thinks it is still 1955 and I am a SAHM/housewife. In reality, I earn about $20,000 a year more than him, and living the 1955 lifestyle was never an option for us. Anyway, he really knows how to grind my gears, and that lit a fire in me. After I dealt with his rude text, I started deep cleaning the laundry room/pantry; installed the new step ladder; removed 2020Pandemic/Emergency supply overflow box which was a BIG EYE SORE in our dining room; disposed of anything that expired; redistributed supplies in other storage locations in the house; and left the rest on the kitchen counter to be stored in the top cabinets of our pantry. I suddenly hit a wall, and needed to take a lunch break, but I will finish the job after lunch. The best part was breaking down the 2020Pandemic/Emergency supply box and putting it in the recycling. I never want to see that damn box ever again.

My motivation is to start losing weight again. Last week I didn't eat as good nor did I get as much exercise as I normally would. So I am back at it. Though today has been a mess.

It is my first day back from being off a week and the kids first day back at school. I drop DS off first to only get a call a few minutes later that he puked. I am pretty sure his nerves got to him this morning. Then I dropped DD off but I was 10ish minutes late because of having to go back to get DS and then the car drop off line was about 2 miles long. Good thing I was just getting her to school early to walk her schedule with the councilor so her anxiety didn't get too high.

Now it is almost the end of the school day and DH has a low grade fever but feels fine. So now I am trying to decide what to do about tomorrow. I am thinking they need to stay home. I know many of you are teachers, what do you think? DH has had his first dose of Pfizer and will get his second on Saturday. I just want to make sure I do the right thing.

My motivation is to start losing weight again. Last week I didn't eat as good nor did I get as much exercise as I normally would. So I am back at it. Though today has been a mess.

It is my first day back from being off a week and the kids first day back at school. I drop DS off first to only get a call a few minutes later that he puked. I am pretty sure his nerves got to him this morning. Then I dropped DD off but I was 10ish minutes late because of having to go back to get DS and then the car drop off line was about 2 miles long. Good thing I was just getting her to school early to walk her schedule with the councilor so her anxiety didn't get too high.

Now it is almost the end of the school day and DH has a low grade fever but feels fine. So now I am trying to decide what to do about tomorrow. I am thinking they need to stay home. I know many of you are teachers, what do you think? DH has had his first dose of Pfizer and will get his second on Saturday. I just want to make sure I do the right thing.
Keep them home and regroup. You need to be sure that DS’s vomiting was stress-related, and investigate the source of DH’s low-grade fever. Until you know that your family is covid-free, they should not be in school.

Our school nurse who pre-pandemic never sent anyone home sick, freaked out when I called her to notify her that one of my students said that she threw up at home. She immediately said, “She’s going home!” Then the nurse excluded her from school until she could provide a doctor’s note and proof of testing negative for covid.

This must be so stressful for you. Sorry the return to school wasn’t smooth. None of my distance-learning students are returning this year. They all planned to return, and then when they were pressed to make the final decision, they all decided to remain remote for the remainder of the year. I think that they were afraid of the transition. Fall is a more natural time to return to school. You can only do what is best for your family.

Good luck.:grouphug:

Keep them home and regroup. You need to be sure that DS’s vomiting was stress-related, and investigate the source of DH’s low-grade fever. Until you know that your family is covid-free, they should not be in school.

Our school nurse who pre-pandemic never sent anyone home sick, freaked out when I called her to notify her that one of my students said that she threw up at home. She immediately said, “She’s going home!” Then the nurse excluded her from school until she could provide a doctor’s note and proof of testing negative for covid.

This must be so stressful for you. Sorry the return to school wasn’t smooth. None of my distance-learning students are returning this year. They all planned to return, and then when they were pressed to make the final decision, they all decided to remain remote for the remainder of the year. I think that they were afraid of the transition. Fall is a more natural time to return to school. You can only do what is best for your family.

Good luck.:grouphug:

This is what I was thinking too. DS is fine now was fine as soon as I got him home. I am more worried about DH. I got my hair done this past week and the 2 of us went to the zoo on Friday. UGH!! we have been so careful and lightened up just a tiny bit this past week.

TOPIC TUESDAY:
I don’t know about you, but I am surrounded by saboteurs. My husband is the WORST. I haven’t shared a meal with anyone other than DH and DD in over a year, so he is my main issue right now. In an effort to cope, I found this article below:

FCD65FA7-F46B-44E3-AAA8-6654F9429343.jpeg82F9D1F4-1F40-4018-9EEF-C3E604CC3EAA.jpeg
46412595-3B01-4E70-B887-34AFD09CB468.jpeg

I have this issue with my family. I try to say that I’m not dieting, I’m trying to create a healthy lifestyle. But I definitely need to work on the last point: “Build Up My Willpower”. What Input in my body is all about me! Not about other people. But I do agree that it’s easier to accept the piece of cake and nibble at it, but not eat the whole thing (but that also takes a lot of willpower!)

I have to keep an eye on my husband-he tends to cut/give me a larger portion than I ask for. He doesn’t realize it’s a type of sabotage and not doing me a favor. So I watch him!
When I go to someone’s house and they have a lovely spread of snacks and drinks, I really need to work on my willpower and have a better strategy for these get togethers.

When I am in a social situation, I find it very hard to take a dessert or appetizer and just pick at it. I have witnessed friends and family members take a piece of birthday cake and just take one bite. I felt jealous of their willpower. I am not that strong, especially when it comes to sugar. I end up eating the entire piece and then deal with it the next day. The one way in which I have grown, and I owe this all to NOOM, is that one diet cheating event used to set me off for a full week of bad behavior. I have learned to indulge in the moment and get right back to my healthy eating plan without feeling guilty. The key is to not beat myself up over it, getting into that never-ending cycle of self-loathing.

Lunch with friends at school was a real battleground for me. Colleagues used to order takeout pretty often, and it was tough sitting there eating my veggies and drinking my protein shake while they enjoyed Sesame Chicken and Fried Rice from the local Chinese restaurant. It took me years to get them to stop asking me if I wanted anything. It helped to not be asked, but being in the same room with those delicious smells was rough. I really enjoy eating alone in my car due to the pandemic and them not being safe in the teachers' lounge. Maybe by the time I join them again, I will have my eating habits more under control.

It’s definitely hard when I will do drive thru etc for fam & I’m just grabbing a Diet Coke 😣 I keep fruit on counter at breakfast & veggies out during afternoon/dinner rush so I can easily snack that instead of all of the snacky carbs I have around w kids. That helps. I’ve started changing up some dinners- fam gets hamburgers & chips... I make a spinach/lettuce bed- burger on top w sautéed mushrooms & onions- honey mustard dressing 👌 Small differences on same meal mostly to boost veggies & cut carbs. I can’t say that I’ve ever said I was dieting to anyone... I’m a big, No thank you- I’m good... type of person. Trying to downsize the glass of wine or beer w husband is hard... that’s often our sit & hAve a drink time & I’m omitting alcohol many days now. I just don’t have a good groove for that yet. Social habit 🤷‍♀️ We should maybe take a walk instead.

Also I did my walk-jog again today 👍 yeah!

Truthfully I am the biggest challenge I face. Sometimes I'll be fine in certain situations and sometimes not. Potlucks at work used to be a challenge, wanting to sample new things, but I don't think we'll ever do one of those again. I have a hard time passing up a piece of cake, that's for sure.

Just thinking of social situations involving groups of people and food makes me happy and hopeful for the future.

Work was definitely challenging. Coworkers bringing in donuts, student council treating us to pizza, and the kids in Foods classes that would bring me their finished projects to taste! I had to take a bite and rave over it and then tell them I would “eat it later when I had time to appreciate it”! Then it would disappear or come home for my husband!

Woohoo - the scale is going back down finally after over indulging for Easter
Woohoo - my son got his first vaccine shot on Monday and my daughter goes on Tuesday
Woohoo - we can celebrate my mom's birthday (tomorrow) with her this year since we're vaccinated (or partially vaccinated)

I have many WOOHOO's today. In no particular order:

WOOHOO!!! I'm fully immune on Friday!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm on spring break!!!

WOOHOO!!! In 100 days I will be boarding a plane for my first vacation in over 2 years to Margaritaville in Florida in 2 ocean front rooms (1 for DD and 1 for DH and I) to celebrate my 28th wedding anniversary!!!

WOOHOO!!! It's a warm sunny day!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm getting my hair done on Saturday for the first time in 14 months!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm getting a lot accomplished this week!!!

I have many WOOHOO's today. In no particular order:

WOOHOO!!! I'm fully immune on Friday!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm on spring break!!!

WOOHOO!!! In 100 days I will be boarding a plane for my first vacation in over 2 years to Margaritaville in Florida in 2 ocean front rooms (1 for DD and 1 for DH and I) to celebrate my 28th wedding anniversary!!!

WOOHOO!!! It's a warm sunny day!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm getting my hair done on Saturday for the first time in 14 months!!!

WOOHOO!!! I'm getting a lot accomplished this week!!!
I’m so happy for you! I know it’s been an extremely stressful year for everyone. But also I know you have really struggled with concerns for your health with so many colleagues not following protocols. So I’m happy that you have so much to woohoo today! And I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy every second of your ocean front room! ☀️

I’m so happy for you! I know it’s been an extremely stressful year for everyone. But also I know you have really struggled with concerns for your health with so many colleagues not following protocols. So I’m happy that you have so much to woohoo today! And I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy every second of your ocean front room! ☀
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter