April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Having my coffee & probably a light day here 😊 Maybe some tennis? A walk? Best health news - 10lbs down since I began 🎊🙌 I’ve been so on it w food & wkouts so I’m going to try & keep momentum. The lbs mean less in general but I’m familiar w my yo-yo weights & #s personally so I know my body in particular has further to go still. Keep on keeping on 💪

When I was swapping out clothes I found a couple things that I bought at the end of last season-I had forgotten all about them-I do this every year. :upsidedow
Yeah! Cleaning my closet this week & yes! love when this happens!
Today I’m thankful for my mom. It’s her birthday. We got to spend time together watching my son’s first home baseball game yesterday.
So much good here ❤️

I am thankful for my health.

I am thankful that I am finally back down to my lowest weight in 2021 (post Easter cheat days...next time I can only cheat for one day. Multiple days of eating bad takes too long to get rid of now that I am over 40.)
So much awesome here too! And DOUBLE digits!!! :cool1: We hit 83 today- I am excited for the 60 day & reservations!!!
I am thankful that DH's fever finally broke. He has only had a fever and nothing else.
I hope everyone is feeling better today! My little guy has been sick- cough, low grade fever this wk. he even agreed to covid test over quarantine to go back to school soon. This whole year has made getting sick soooo stressful 😞

Having my coffee & probably a light day here 😊 Maybe some tennis? A walk? Best health news - 10lbs down since I began 🎊🙌 I’ve been so on it w food & wkouts so I’m going to try & keep momentum. The lbs mean less in general but I’m familiar w my yo-yo weights & #s personally so I know my body in particular has further to go still. Keep on keeping on 💪

Yeah! Cleaning my closet this week & yes! love when this happens!

So much good here ❤

So much awesome here too! And DOUBLE digits!!! :cool1: We hit 83 today- I am excited for the 60 day & reservations!!!

I hope everyone is feeling better today! My little guy has been sick- cough, low grade fever this wk. he even agreed to covid test over quarantine to go back to school soon. This whole year has made getting sick soooo stressful 😞
Sorry your little one is sick-and hoping it’s just a cold.

It’s a beautiful sunny day-we’re going to pack a lunch and drive to a nearby state park and have a picnic and take a walk. A change of scenery will be nice.
I have the PBS series Hemingway recorded and will watch that later today. It’s one of Ken Burns’s productions, which I love.
Now I have to go chase a bird that keeps flying into my patio door-another sign of spring!

Yesterday, there was a cancellation at the salon, so I got in 90 minutes early. I felt safe the entire time, but only because I'm fully vaccinated and 95% immune. I was surprised that my hair stylist wasn't wearing a face shield, being so close to me. The receptionist's mask just couldn't manage to stay over her nose for more than a few seconds. Ridiculous. I don't understand people who wear masks that don't stay secure. Seeing how things were, I definitely wouldn't have been safe there unvaccinated. In December, my hair stylist and her entire family had Covid, so she thinks that they are invincible.

Fortunately, by the Grace of God, I am vaccinated. Because of that my hair appointment was awesome! It took four hours. She cut off enough hair to donate and make a couple wigs for Erica Jane, but you can't donate color-treated hair. I weighed myself after, and I lost 1 lb. 10 oz.! I love my new haircut and being blonde again!

I fell in love with Gina’s hair at the RHOC reunion, so I got her haircut.
8F7E69E3-F064-42DC-917C-DDABEC05C503.jpeg

Step 1 to feeling normal again.

Last edited:

Saturday... I love Peter Pan, it is so simple yet so imaginative. I haven't been on Slinky Dog yet, but will for sure next trip... have mixed feelings about Mine Train, it is super cute but my adult sized behind doesn't fit well in the seats so it is pretty uncomfortable. If I had gotten myself together to post yesterday I would have added a link to Living with the Land, another all time favorite. Just listening to the music in the queue makes me go "ahhhhh".

Sunday... self care today is chores. I've got laundry going and will get out to mow the lawn (finally) here soon.

We've gone straight in to summer with the sun and warm temps, it feels great but also kind of strange. I don't remember any sunshine last year, I don't remember summer at all. But it sure does feel hopeful.

My Self-Care Sunday is a quiet day recovering from yesterday. We sadly had a funeral in DH's family. The death was not from covid, but important people couldn't be there because of exposure/quarantine, and I am not my usual sunny self.

I will likely do a little cleaning, but mostly just breathe and recharge - emotionally from the grief and socially from being around more people than usual.

Thanks for listening.

My Self-Care Sunday is a quiet day recovering from yesterday. We sadly had a funeral in DH's family. The death was not from covid, but important people couldn't be there because of exposure/quarantine, and I am not my usual sunny self.

I will likely do a little cleaning, but mostly just breathe and recharge - emotionally from the grief and socially from being around more people than usual.

Thanks for listening.
I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t begin to fathom how difficult it must be under the current circumstances. :hug:

Thanks for listening.
:hug:

My self-care Sunday started with meal planning, stretching and food prep. Then we went to my parents’ house and then my sister’s house to help with the grass and yard work. Well, I helped by holding my baby niece and my daughter played with my toddler nephew. It was a great day seeing family! I’ve also decided to start watching the original Disney animated movies again. I haven’t watched them in years since my kids are older now. But they make me so happy. Yesterday was Snow White and today is Sleeping Beauty.

Thanks for listening.
I’m so sorry.

My self-care Sunday started with meal planning, stretching and food prep. Then we went to my parents’ house and then my sister’s house to help with the grass and yard work. Well, I helped by holding my baby niece and my daughter played with my toddler nephew. It was a great day seeing family! I’ve also decided to start watching the original Disney animated movies again. I haven’t watched them in years since my kids are older now. But they make me so happy. Yesterday was Snow White and today is Sleeping Beauty.
And one day when you have grandchildren, you will watch them again and it will be so much fun!

Thanks for listening.
So sorry... sending virtual hugs.

Yesterday, there was a cancellation at the salon, so I got in 90 minutes early. I felt safe the entire time, but only because I'm fully vaccinated and 95% immune. I was surprised that my hair stylist wasn't wearing a face shield, being so close to me. The receptionist's mask just couldn't manage to stay over her nose for more than a few seconds. Ridiculous. I don't understand people who wear masks that don't stay secure. Seeing how things were, I definitely wouldn't have been safe there unvaccinated. In December, my hair stylist and her entire family had Covid, so she thinks that they are invincible.

Fortunately, by the Grace of God, I am vaccinated. Because of that my hair appointment was awesome! It took four hours. She cut off enough hair to donate and make a couple wigs for Erica Jane, but you can't donate color-treated hair. I weighed myself after, and I lost 1 lb. 10 oz.! I love my new haircut and being blonde again!

I fell in love with Gina’s hair at the RHOC reunion, so I got her haircut.
View attachment 569079

Step 1 to feeling normal again.
So happy you enjoyed getting your hair done!

Let's set some intentions for the week:

What is one thing you are motivated to do to improve your physical health?
What is one thing you are motivated to do to improve your mental health?
What is one thing you are motivated to do to improve your emotional health?

I am starting a new workout program this week called 30 Day Breakaway. It’s a combination of strength trading and running. The running component seems similar to the couch to 5k concept of starting with small increments of jogging and walking....and even some sprinting. I don’t really like distance running. But I think it’s good for me in all those areas: physical, mental, & emotional health.

In December, my hair stylist and her entire family had Covid, so she thinks that they are invincible.

This sounds so much like the person that does my hair. She didn't wear a mask or a shield and told me that she can't get covid because of her blood type. I knew this going in and that is why I hadn't gone before I was fully vaccinated and why I will wait longer then normal to get my hair done again.

Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter