April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

For my physical health-walk 2 miles every day. Track my meals.

For my mental health-I am meeting a friend tomorrow and we will sit outside and talk and talk! It’s supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny.

For my emotional health-I had to look up the difference between mental and emotional health because they seem very similar to me. One of the things that stood out in the article was to talk to yourself like you would talk to a friend or family member-someone you loved. So that’s something I need to work on.

Physical health... I was going to say that I'm getting my second covid shot Friday but double checked and dang, it isn't until next week. So I'll switch and say I'll get out for walks three times this week.

Mental health... I have a link saved to a podcast with a gal who is also late diagnosis for ADHD and will listen to it this week.

Emotional health... I've decided to empty out a couple of the containers on the porch and completely replant them. Getting my hands dirty will be joyful, and having new plants/flowers to look at will also be a delight.

We have another day of summer-like weather. It has been so interesting to watch the Girls sit at the open windows (they all have screens) and listen/smell/watch what is going on outside. They were both tiny babies last summer (Pippa was born 6.10 and Ester 7.4), so this is really their first go-round with the warm sunny weather.

Edited to add: Oh dear... been sitting here letting my mind wander and remembered that about a year ago I thought about switching the bedroom I sleep in, but vetoed it because I'd have to take down all the crafting shelving in this room. I just realized I've already done that. This room is tiny and really only fits the bed, but it is on the eastern side of the house and gets the morning sun, plus I can have the window open all night because the lot is much lower on this side and it is not reachable. Then I also just realized I can get a white comforter, because neither of these kittens hack up hairballs, which would match the white drapes that are up in here. So major project for this week, swapping bedrooms.

Last edited:
I read up on the difference between mental and emotional health because they are so connected:
Mental Health is the Ocean, and Emotional Health is the waves.

PHYSICAL HEALTH:
1. I will walk every day at school and/or on the treadmill.
2. I will eat well and continue to strive to lose weight.

MENTAL HEALTH:
1. I will meditate and pray.
2. I will reach out for support when I need it.
3. I will be grateful.
EMOTIONAL HEALTH:

1. I will view my life with a sense of balance rather than extremes...nothing is all good or all bad.
2. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, so I will continue to express my feelings like I usually do. 3. I will keep my brain active with games like "Words With Friends 2."
4. I will continue to try to learn from challenging situations developing resilience. I have always been strong, but this year really tested me, and I have come out the other side resilient and strong.
5. I will continue to have a purpose in my life...being a supportive mother and a caring teacher.
6. I will try to sleep well. Last night was not a good night. After being off for 9 days, my brain wouldn't allow me to relax and sleep.
7. I will pay attention to time management this week, especially with Report Card Conferences this week.

My Self-Care Sunday is a quiet day recovering from yesterday. We sadly had a funeral in DH's family. The death was not from covid, but
Big hugs... hope today is going well for you ❤
I am starting a new workout program this week called 30 Day Breakaway. It’s a combination of strength trading and running.

That jogging/running - Love/hate. It does the body good tho!

Then I also just realized I can get a white comforter, because neither of these kittens hack up hairballs, which would match the white drapes that are up in here. So major project for this week, swapping bedrooms.
This is my favorite distraction & mood lift 🤩 Keep on changing it up! It never gets old & really can change your mood!

Physical
Walk or run daily 4-5 of 7
3 days strength training
Keep carbs/ processed/ sugars way, way down
Water. Water. Water.

Mental
Good rest
Keep talking it out when it’s needed

Emotional
Some ‘me’ things. Coffee w friend, going to courts for myself- not just kids.
Having grace w a disaster house amid house projects, kid events, making time for the workouts. It is not pretty 😆

I read up on the difference between mental and emotional health because they are so connected:
Mental Health is the Ocean, and Emotional Health is the waves.

PHYSICAL HEALTH:
1. I will walk every day at school and/or on the treadmill.
2. I will eat well and continue to strive to lose weight.

MENTAL HEALTH:
1. I will meditate and pray.
2. I will reach out for support when I need it.
3. I will be grateful.
EMOTIONAL HEALTH:

1. I will view my life with a sense of balance rather than extremes...nothing is all good or all bad.
2. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve, so I will continue to express my feelings like I usually do. 3. I will keep my brain active with games like "Words With Friends 2."
4. I will continue to try to learn from challenging situations developing resilience. I have always been strong, but this year really tested me, and I have come out the other side resilient and strong.
5. I will continue to have a purpose in my life...being a supportive mother and a caring teacher.
6. I will try to sleep well. Last night was not a good night. After being off for 9 days, my brain wouldn't allow me to relax and sleep.
7. I will pay attention to time management this week, especially with Report Card Conferences this week.
Love the ocean/waves analogy!

Yes, love the ocean/waves analogy!

The sleep component hit a nerve-I have gotten in the bad habit of staying up late to read and then sleeping in too late. Tough cycle to break, but I can feel it’s starting to have a negative effect-I’m out of sorts until lunchtime.

So another item for my emotional list is to turn off the light an hour earlier every night and get up half hour earlier until I get back to a reasonable schedule!

For my physical health:
get back in my exercise routine after a rough week
get my second vaccine on Wednesday!

For my mental health -
Make sleep and sunshine priorities this week

For my emotional health:
give myself time/permission to process my own emotions while still being there for others

TOPIC TUESDAY

I have been thinking about it for days and cannot come up with a
healthy living topic we haven't already covered. Soooo... let's do something just for fun today and go on a virtual WDW trip together. Each person pick up from where the person before you left off and take us somewhere in the parks that is really special to you or is a favorite thing to do. And we can park hop as much as our hearts desire, no need to stay in the same park.

I'll start us off at EPCOT rope drop, guess none of us are staying at any of the gondola resorts because we're meeting up at the front
entrance, and since we're pretending, this is back in the pre-covid days where Future World opens at 9am. As we stroll past Spaceship Earth you can feel the breeze and hear the music.... ahhh we're really here! Some people stop to get in line for it but we mosey along. As we enter the heart of Future World more people peel off to the left and right, for Soaring and Test Track. When we get back to World Showcase, the rest of the people turn left to go to Frozen, but we go right to head back to France for breakfast. The walk is so quiet and peaceful, it is like it is our own personal park and even when we get back to Les Halles, there are not other people around. The cases are full of delightful pastries, I ask for a Brie and Apple Baguette, what are you going to chose?

TOPIC TUESDAY

I have been thinking about it for days and cannot come up with a
healthy living topic we haven't already covered. Soooo... let's do something just for fun today and go on a virtual WDW trip together. Each person pick up from where the person before you left off and take us somewhere in the parks that is really special to you or is a favorite thing to do. And we can park hop as much as our hearts desire, no need to stay in the same park.

I'll start us off at EPCOT rope drop, guess none of us are staying at any of the gondola resorts because we're meeting up at the front
entrance, and since we're pretending, this is back in the pre-covid days where Future World opens at 9am. As we stroll past Spaceship Earth you can feel the breeze and hear the music.... ahhh we're really here! Some people stop to get in line for it but we mosey along. As we enter the heart of Future World more people peel off to the left and right, for Soaring and Test Track. When we get back to World Showcase, the rest of the people turn left to go to Frozen, but we go right to head back to France for breakfast. The walk is so quiet and peaceful, it is like it is our own personal park and even when we get back to Les Halles, there are not other people around. The cases are full of delightful pastries, I ask for a Brie and Apple Baguette, what are you going to chose?
I love this! Such a creative idea. However, it will require much thought for me, so I will return later...

It’s time to use our Fastpass (because in our pre-Covid pretend scenario, there are fastpasses!) for Soarin’. We all stow our ears below and buckle in safely. “Nice work, pal!” Then we soar around the world, taking in the beauty and wonders of the amazing world we live in! Afterwards, we take a ride in Living with the Land and grab inspiration for our healthy live styles (after returning home from our Disney trip). Don’t forget to look for all the hidden Mickey’s too!

It’s time for lunch and we’re having lunch at Spice Road. We’re sitting on the outdoor patio drinking mint ice tea and watching the boats. We’ll share lamb sliders and the heirloom tomato salad.
When we’re done we’ll walk over to the Journey of Imagination and watch the Pixar films. Then we have fast passes to Fast Track (our step count is going to be awesome today!).
After an exhilarating ride, we sit on a planter and regroup.

Last edited:
It’s time for lunch and we’re having lunch at Spice Road. We’re sitting on the outdoor patio drinking mint ice tea and watching the boats. We’ll share lamb sliders and the heirloom tomato salad.
When we’re done we’ll walk over to the Journey of Imagination and watch the Pixar films. Then we have fast passes to Fast Track (our step count is going to be awesome today!).
After an exhilarating ride, we sit in a planter and regroup.
I’m so excited! Each trip I try to eat at a new restaurant. I’ve never eaten at Spice Road nor have I eaten lamb sliders! Love this new experience (even though it’s pretend and virtual...haha)!

Clearly something with chocolate!

After enjoying our breakfast, we wander around World Showcase for bit, taking interesting photos before it gets too crowded.
The last trip I did with my Disney pals, one of the best things we did was just wander around WS, taking time chatting with some cast members (one gave us some anytime passses because I knew what city he was from in WA state). And we ran into some Vikings in Norway, which I didn't even know was a thing. Well, I know there are Vikings in (real) Norway, I just didn't realize they hung out in (pretend) Norway.

It’s time to use our Fastpass (because in our pre-Covid pretend scenario, there are fastpasses!) for Soarin’. We all stow our ears below and buckle in safely. “Nice work, pal!” Then we soar around the world, taking in the beauty and wonders of the amazing world we live in! Afterwards, we take a ride in Living with the Land and grab inspiration for our healthy live styles (after returning home from our Disney trip). Don’t forget to look for all the hidden Mickey’s too!
Love both of these!

After an exhilarating ride, we sit on a planter and regroup.
Spice Road is a favorite... I can drink gallons of the Iced Mint Tea!

We exit World Showcase through the International Gateway in late afternoon for a 10 minute walk back to our rooms at The Beach Club Resort. We change into our bathing suits and head over to Stormalong Bay for a couple of hours to enjoy the lazy river, water slides, and whirlpools. At dinnertime, we dress up and walk over to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse for a delicious meal. Yum.

We exit World Showcase through the International Gateway in late afternoon for a 10 minute walk back to our rooms at The Beach Club Resort. We change into our bathing suits and head over to Stormalong Bay for a couple of hours to enjoy the lazy river, water slides, and whirlpools. At dinnertime, we dress up and walk over to the Yachtsman's Steakhouse for a delicious meal. Yum.
Yay! Another new restaurant for me! This is a great trip!

Side note, just found out that my parents booked a trip to their time share near Disney. They booked it today with the intention of going to Disney. But had no idea of park passes 🤦🏻‍♀️ I keep trying to tell my family to stop booking trips without talking to me first. They were only able to get into Epcot and AK. HS & MK are booked every day of their trip. And my mom just said she couldn’t make any dining reservations in Epcot. But they were trying to fit in the trip before my sister has to go back to work. She’s currently on maternity leave until May 30. At least they waited until they were both vaccinated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter