April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Yay! Another new restaurant for me! This is a great trip!

Side note, just found out that my parents booked a trip to their time share near Disney. They booked it today with the intention of going to Disney. But had no idea of park passes 🤦🏻‍♀️ I keep trying to tell my family to stop booking trips without talking to me first. They were only able to get into Epcot and AK. HS & MK are booked every day of their trip. And my mom just said she couldn’t make any dining reservations in Epcot. But they were trying to fit in the trip before my sister has to go back to work. She’s currently on maternity leave until May 30. At least they waited until they were both vaccinated.
Oh, no! Hopefully a day will open before they go-or even while they’re there as people change plans.

Side note, just found out that my parents booked a trip to their time share near Disney. They booked it today with the intention of going to Disney. But had no idea of park passes 🤦🏻‍♀️ I keep trying to tell my family to stop booking trips without talking to me first. They were only able to get into Epcot and AK. HS & MK are booked every day of their trip. And my mom just said she couldn’t make any dining reservations in Epcot. But they were trying to fit in the trip before my sister has to go back to work. She’s currently on maternity leave until May 30. At least they waited until they were both vaccinated.

Can they hop and do HS and MK in the afternoonsevenings?

I'm going to come back later to WOOHOO.

Yesterday, I was left rather shaken up after a talk with a colleague who is about 10 years my junior. Like me, her knees are affected by her weight. Unlike me, hers have gotten so bad that they completely give out on her after a 1/2 day at work in spite of the fact that she has a desk job. Unlike me, she hasn't figured out how to just get started with the weight loss efforts and stick with it through the ups and downs. It is scary to look at her because I think her knees are the least of her worries. The swelling in her ankles and feet and her overall appearance has me concerned that she will have a stroke or heart attack if she doesn't make some major changes soon. Her general panic and stress level isn't enough for her to do something about it. I've recommended Noom and other ways for her to get the support she needs to lose weight. I pray for her because only she can make these changes, as much as I want to intervene.

When I look at her, I realize that if I don't continue to fight for my health, no matter the obstacles and challenges, I will end up just like her. In a way, it gives me motivation to keep on keeping on so that I don't end up in her precarious position. I thank God that I am on the right path.

Thank you to all of you for constantly having my back and supporting me on this very important life-saving journey. You are all very important to me, and I truly don't know what I would do without each and every one of you.

:grouphug:

I am woohooing that last week of non working out and eating a bit more of what I shouldn't did change the scale much. I am only up .8 pounds. I have gotten back on track this week.

My not so woohoo is that it is 30 degrees here and we got a few inches of snow last night with more throughout the day. We are supposed to get up to 6 inches. Thankfully roads by me are in good shape and that I don't have to drive the highway to work. This seems to be the issue. My boss (he has been going in the office this whole time) has been stuck in non moving traffic on one of our highways for 30+ minutes.

Another woohoo is DD get to start working out with the high school soccer team today. She is so excited. The coach has been great to communicate with unlike DS's coach. I have emailed him to get info and he never emails back. I am so glad though that the kids are starting to get back to what they love.

Yikes on the snow, @piglet1979!

It’s nice here right now, but supposed to be a lot cooler tomorrow (though thankfully still in the 40-something range).

My WooHoo’s are that I’ve lost almost five pounds piggybacking on DH’s new regime (he’s lost 10!) and that I go for my second vaccine this afternoon!

@Summer2018, your colleague’s situation sounds heartbreaking-maybe you will be able to motivate her by example.

Woohoo, things are coming together-slowly but surely the pounds are coming off. I am enjoying my walks (thank goodness, no snow!) and we are planning a trip to Texas in June to surprise my husband’s sister for a milestone birthday!

Not too woo hoo-ey today. Having off couple days. Lots of questions, worries, w kiddos & school, life, how to handle. Just feel very heavy & like I can never do/be enough. Missed wkout yesterday. Coffee date this am but feeling isolated as ever. Blah. We all have these moments. I need it to pass tho. 😕 Going to do quick clean of house & then my usual afternoon juggle. Need to get bike time in w my little guy that’s nervous for bike day tmrw at school too. Another worry. Agh.

Not too woo hoo-ey today. Having off couple days. Lots of questions, worries, w kiddos & school, life, how to handle. Just feel very heavy & like I can never do/be enough. Missed wkout yesterday. Coffee date this am but feeling isolated as ever. Blah. We all have these moments. I need it to pass tho. 😕 Going to do quick clean of house & then my usual afternoon juggle. Need to get bike time in w my little guy that’s nervous for bike day tmrw at school too. Another worry. Agh.
:hug:

:hug: It will pass in time. Hang in there

Woohoo... there's been a fire storm going on this morning, which is actually the second one this week. I'm woohoo-ing myself for how I've navigated each one... didn't take either personally, stood my ground, calmly explained what was really going on. This is all due to the new part of my brain I've been living in and the new way I'm looking at things.

Another thing I get to woohoo myself for... last night I walked around to the back yard to pick some tulips and ended up mowing the back lawn (only did the front over the weekend). It was already knee high, so it took a while and I'll have to do another pass this weekend, but I got her done.

And yes, yes, yes to the sunshine! It is to continue thru tomorrow!

Last edited:
The snow is almost melted already and next week we will be back in the 80's. I can't wait. It has been a good day so far. I have already gotten 60 minutes in on the treadmill and hope to get on again later today. We will see though. DD has soccer training and horseback riding tonight. Wednesday's are so busy for me.

Woohoo - I’m down another pound!
Woohoo - I started running again
Woohoo - my son gets to play baseball at the Reading Phillies (minor league) stadium on Friday. They partnered with a neighboring school to split the cost and have a combined senior night at the stadium. JV plays first, senior recognition after, followed by varsity game.
Woohoo - hear me out on this one...trying to be positive. 2 neighbor girls (different families, same age as my kids) tested positive for Covid. One plays lacrosse with my daughter and is dating my son. Woohoo - my daughter stayed home from school/lacrosse on Friday when most of the tea was considered close contacts. And woohoo that both my kids have their first dose of the vaccine, which I’m hoping is helping them to not catch it. So far, so good. No symptoms yet. Keeping a very close eye on them. Freaked out a lot on Monday. But feeling more positive as the week goes on!

Something that comforts me that I’m grateful for are the pictures of my little niece and nephew that my sister randomly sends me mid day.

A strength of my that I’m thankful for is my ability to quickly adapt a lesson when it’s not going right.

A challenge I’m grateful for is weight loss. It’s helped me to create a healthy lifestyle and learn about exercise & nutrition, which is helpful now that my husband needs to lower cholesterol.

A memory I’m grateful for...there are just so many! Many from my childhood getting together with grandparents and cousins. Many from the college years...just living it up with friends & now husband! Many of my kids when they were little. And more recently, memories of being there when my nephew was born and being the one visitor allowed the day after my niece was born. Of course, so many Disney memories too!

Comfort... kittens, of course! Right now Ester is laying across one of my arms purring away... makes me so happy that she actually wants to be with me.

Strength... my brain. It has always been a powerhouse, and now that I'm learning more about how it works I'm looking forward to the great things we'll do in the future.

Nature... I really do love birds. We've had to take down bird feeders due to salmonella outbreaks, and I miss having birds come to the porch to feed. Love hearing the birdsongs outside.

Memories... music is something that really triggers cellular memories for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter