April 2022 Anyone?

Started to look at packing for our trip beginning on March 31 and realized the last time I bought summer tops was for our 2010 trip! Yikes! Went to JCPenney today to get tops and there was a Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/Pluto shirt on a clearance rack in just my size for $3...definitely had to get that one! Getting excited and feel like this trip might actually happen after 3 canceled ones!

So happy to find this thread! We are going April 25th to May 1st. I made ADR's last week and had a few issues (one being that I overslept by 13 minutes, doh!). I couldn't get Ohana for our arrival night or Space 220 at all. I put in touring plans trackers for them, but I may just move on. I got some others that I'm looking forward to: Whispering Canyon dinner, Trattoria breakfast, Tusker House breakfast, Steakhouse 71 dinner, Nine Dragons dinner. We are going to try more QS this time around anyway, so looking forward to that. It will be my 3-year-old son's first trip.

So happy to find this thread! We are going April 25th to May 1st. I made ADR's last week and had a few issues (one being that I overslept by 13 minutes, doh!). I couldn't get Ohana for our arrival night or Space 220 at all. I put in touring plans trackers for them, but I may just move on. I got some others that I'm looking forward to: Whispering Canyon dinner, Trattoria breakfast, Tusker House breakfast, Steakhouse 71 dinner, Nine Dragons dinner. We are going to try more QS this time around anyway, so looking forward to that. It will be my 3-year-old son's first trip.
Yeah we weren't going to look for Chef Mickey's and now that I'm thinking about it to reserve, it's not available - oh well will keep checking for those cancellations that sometimes come through :D

I'll be there from the 25th to May 4th! I lucked out, I was able to get Space 220 on my last full day. Keep checking, you never know if something might open up.

Did not get our ADRs for our upcoming April trip. Missing a 4/24 Jungle Canteen Dinner for 5, 4/26 Space 220 for 2 lunch (lounge or restaurant), 4/27 'Ohana Dinner for 5. Now what? should i assume they are gone or is there hope on one opening up?

You might be able to get a walk up day of for Space 220, some people have had some luck doing that.

Does anyone know/think they will have the typical Easter egg displays at the resorts?
Do they do a special parade or Easter bunny thing at the parks?

Does anyone know/think they will have the typical Easter egg displays at the resorts?
Do they do a special parade or Easter bunny thing at the parks?
Last year, we saw the bunny in the grass to the right of the castle on Easter Sunday but the Festival of Fantasy parade wasn’t running. Hoping he will be out more this year, in pre-pandemic years I believe he met near the fire station during Easter week.

Roscoe18, hello! I thought I recognized both you and Jacq7414 from last April’s board. Am I remembering correctly that you’re both also in NY or CT? The fact that they both have the same spring break (and it’s the week after Easter) this year is clearly not making things easy ….

We finally book ADRs tomorrow morning, as I know I’ve said in this thread … excited but super nervous!

Hi Jill! Sorry I ducked out of this thread for a while again. I ran the April 2021 thread and I just didn't have the patience to log on every day and post like I did last time, so I'm mostly lurking currently!

I am indeed in NY. We're getting into the "officially excited" phase around our house now.

Happy to hear you grabbed a Space 220 reservation - it's still eluding me, but I've kind of come to terms with it.

I don't know if I mentioned in this thread, but we're staying DVC at the Grand Floridian, our first time there. We stayed at the Poly last time and LOVED it. My DS12 still talks about it glowingly, and is convinced he'll never stay at a better hotel. We will be visiting the Poly for an 'Ohana reservation (and probably a Dole Whip)

Just checking in! How's everyone feeling about their April trip plans? I had an anxiety dream the other night about MDE app failing at 7am and losing out on everything, so maybe not in the best place, lol. But trying to think positive! Would love any packing tips and to just generally hear how people are approaching this trip and the likely crazy crowds!

I don't know if I mentioned in this thread, but we're staying DVC at the Grand Floridian, our first time there. We stayed at the Poly last time and LOVED it. My DS12 still talks about it glowingly, and is convinced he'll never stay at a better hotel. We will be visiting the Poly for an 'Ohana reservation (and probably a Dole Whip)

Would love to hear more about how great the Poly is! That's where we're staying and I frankly never even heard of it until I booked (clearly haven't been up on Disney!) There's still a part of me that's wistful for Contemporary main tower because while I never stayed there as a kid, it looked so impressive to me then, but I hope the kids will love Poly! Mine are 6 and 9. :-)

Just checking in! How's everyone feeling about their April trip plans? I had an anxiety dream the other night about MDE app failing at 7am and losing out on everything, so maybe not in the best place, lol. But trying to think positive! Would love any packing tips and to just generally hear how people are approaching this trip and the likely crazy crowds!
I’m getting excited! This is a rescheduled trip from 2020, so I feel like we’ve been waiting forever to go! I’m a bit nervous about our split stay though

I’m getting excited! This is a rescheduled trip from 2020, so I feel like we’ve been waiting forever to go! I’m a bit nervous about our split stay though
Same! Our original trip was booked as a surprise for my older son's 7th birthday and I had everything so perfectly planned (IMO!) and was so excited about filming their reaction the day before! Thank goodness they never knew about it though since it obviously didn't work out. This one has felt much less exciting and for a long time I was viewing it as a chore to check off but i've been getting more and more pumped for it as it gets closer. This one is not a surprise and my kids said "We don't want to get too excited in case we don't go" when I excitedly told them, which made me so sad! So I really, really want this to be a good trip. No pressure, Disney! 💆‍♀️

I'm getting excited! We leave in 23 days! This trip is just me and DH (and I'm solo for part of the time as he is attending a convention). I'm not too anxious about MDE since this trip isn't really about the rides. It's more about exploring the resorts and eating lots of good stuff. I'm going to use this trip though to practice a couple times with Genie+ to help ease anxiety for our May family trip. On that trip we will be theme park commandos rope-drop to close and trying to do everything...

Would love to hear more about how great the Poly is! That's where we're staying and I frankly never even heard of it until I booked (clearly haven't been up on Disney!) There's still a part of me that's wistful for Contemporary main tower because while I never stayed there as a kid, it looked so impressive to me then, but I hope the kids will love Poly! Mine are 6 and 9. :-)
We love the Poly and it was a struggle to get my husband to agree to try somewhere else. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge Copper Creek but we stayed in a studio at the Poly back for our first trip in 2017. The Poly was so comfortable, and that lobby smell is ingrained in my brain forever. I loved the sight of the castle as soon as you walk into the lobby. Their food is so good there too, table and QS. The proximity to the monorail loop and TTC is another great plus. I would go back in a heart beat.

CONGRATS!!!! Three trips to WDW since last July. Each at least nine days. I miss the old Disney Magic of fast-passes, paper menus, Magical Express, and not being glued to a phone. Times are a changin'! It is still Disney but it is different. Enjoy your trip and a long and wonderful retirement.

The Poly is a Disney staple. I love how serene it is - the grounds are beautiful and it's lovely just to walk around. Lots of good food options too. And while it's not walkable like the Contemporary, I actually think it's the most convenient of the MK resorts in a lot of ways. If you walk to the TTC (not very far at all), you can get the express monorail to both MK and Epcot. I think you'll love it.

We are set to go and I am sooooo excited! I haven't told the kids yet. Trying to keep it a secret, but honestly it is hard for me not to say anything. I'm more of a kid than them!

I'm crossing fingers and toes nothing crazy happens in the next month. Almost at the 30-day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter