• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2022 - Everything Is Worse

Yikes this makes me nervous. So many changes since my last visit. Sad that they're doing away with all the services that put them FAR above the competitors. I'm hoping the "Magic" is still there. That is what brought me back so many times.

Yikes this makes me nervous. So many changes since my last visit. Sad that they're doing away with all the services that put them FAR above the competitors. I'm hoping the "Magic" is still there. That is what brought me back so many times.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, there's still a lot of fun to be had and I'll assume you are going to have a good time. The thing is that with all the changes, everything seems to be taken down a notch. Still good, just not great.

We were there in Dec-Jan for a month. We knew it would be busy, but mostly didn't like paying extra for rides. We had the grandkids with us for part of the trip or we probably wouldn't have paid for any. We luckily were there right when they started the trams at MK. I probably would have had to pay for premium parking for that park for sure. More money that we didn't want to spend. We have already decided we won't go again this year, if ever. Like many have said, we're going to travel and see other places. We live in Minnesota and love to get away from the cold for a month. We don't need Disney for that and can travel the whole south if we want for less than half of what we spent at Disney. I'm surprised to see people say they're going to Disney, but not going in the parks. I know many people are committed because they're DVC owners. We actually considered it years ago, but didn't want to be committed and the yearly fees weren't cheap even then. So glad my husband had some common sense to realize it wouldn't work for us.

We were there in Dec-Jan for a month. We knew it would be busy, but mostly didn't like paying extra for rides. We had the grandkids with us for part of the trip or we probably wouldn't have paid for any. We luckily were there right when they started the trams at MK. I probably would have had to pay for premium parking for that park for sure. More money that we didn't want to spend. We have already decided we won't go again this year, if ever. Like many have said, we're going to travel and see other places. We live in Minnesota and love to get away from the cold for a month. We don't need Disney for that and can travel the whole south if we want for less than half of what we spent at Disney. I'm surprised to see people say they're going to Disney, but not going in the parks. I know many people are committed because they're DVC owners. We actually considered it years ago, but didn't want to be committed and the yearly fees weren't cheap even then. So glad my husband had some common sense to realize it wouldn't work for us.
sad...there used to be so much MAGIC at Disney. I'm hopeful our trip still is all I need it to be.

Have you been to Universal? When our kids got to the ages of yours they preferred it over WDW.

I heard it is going to be really bad from Nov.25 till Dec. 10.... yes it is. Better delay your trip to another time.
( now I can have the place to myself.......... uh...... did I say that out loud??)

Oh forgot it's going to be really bad on Mar 13, 5pm, till Mar 26th 9am too.......

Last edited:

We just got back yesterday and are just starting to mentally unpack everything we experienced. I will never say I won't go back but I will say it wont be for a very long time. Everything seemed very robotic and missing the magic. Also Epcot could burn to the ground and I would not shed a single tear.

We just got back yesterday and are just starting to mentally unpack everything we experienced. I will never say I won't go back but I will say it wont be for a very long time. Everything seemed very robotic and missing the magic. Also Epcot could burn to the ground and I would not shed a single tear.
This is heartbreaking. I never EVER came back from a Disney trip feeling that way. In fact; I was always planning out my next trip.

This is heartbreaking. I never EVER came back from a Disney trip feeling that way. In fact; I was always planning out my next trip.
Yeah I'm a bit sad about this also, I have been all in on everything Disney for a long time and we go just about every year but this time just felt like setting money on fire. My wife even wanted to go to guest relations at epcot and ask for a re refund.

Yeah I'm a bit sad about this also, I have been all in on everything Disney for a long time and we go just about every year but this time just felt like setting money on fire. My wife even wanted to go to guest relations at epcot and ask for a re refund.
Wow....so sad. I haven't been since 2016 and SO much has changed. After listening to the Dis podcast and trying to understand the Genie and ALL the costs that are extra just to ride a ride that I already paid for? I'm shocked. Park prices, resort and food are already high and I don't mind paying for them BECAUSE my experience at DW has always been top notch. But now I have to pay extra to ride a ride? What has happened?

We just spent three weeks at WDW (BCV and OKW) . We went to EPOCT one evening only. Way too crowded. We also heard so many complaints about what is happening in the parks from fellow travellers. Getting into to any restaurant was also ridiculous so we did some of our dining off property. We have another trip planned for Oct. and Nov. and no plans to enter any of the parks on that trip too. Until Disney makes some significant changes, I think our park days are over. I guess if enough of us stop going to the parks and only stay in their hotels(DVC member) they may figure it out and make some changes. Here's hoping.

The magic is not the same for sure! It never will be if you were lucky enough to stay on site in the 80's, 90's and early (real) 2000's. Those days are gone.
We are headed down with another family and decided to do the VIP thing...it will "save" me two extra days of passes with a hopper for a family of 5...saving close to 750 and spend two more days relaxing and spending that 750 at the pool!! LOL

I agree...I miss the old days, but we still have a really nice vacation down there! I hope everyone else does too! Cheers.

I have one trip under my belt with Genie +. I’ll admit it took some adjusting to but once I got the hang of it it wasn’t awful. As I’ve seen on various threads others complained the same about FP+. I do agree that the need to take action at 7am is obnoxious and unnecessary. They could make the opening after parks close on the previous day

Last edited:
We just spent three weeks at WDW (BCV and OKW) . We went to EPOCT one evening only. Way too crowded. We also heard so many complaints about what is happening in the parks from fellow travellers. Getting into to any restaurant was also ridiculous so we did some of our dining off property. We have another trip planned for Oct. and Nov. and no plans to enter any of the parks on that trip too. Until Disney makes some significant changes, I think our park days are over. I guess if enough of us stop going to the parks and only stay in their hotels(DVC member) they may figure it out and make some changes. Here's hoping.
I would be heartbroken if I knew I wasn't going back...but then; I haven't been since any of these big changes. I'm sorry

I totally agree. Last trip was in November and especially agree that the new genie plus made the experience MUCH MUCH worse. Also agree with many other things you said. As a result of the pay a lot more, get a lot less model (and also having kids who are adults and not interested in Disney) just sold 400 of our DVC points.

I totally agree. Last trip was in November and especially agree that the new genie plus made the experience MUCH MUCH worse. Also agree with many other things you said. As a result of the pay a lot more, get a lot less model (and also having kids who are adults and not interested in Disney) just sold 400 of our DVC points.
This is really heartbreaking. You were there when we were on many trips so we both know how it "Used to be" and that is sad. I keep praying things will go back to the FP days...but the jury is still out. For now it's heartbreaking to see so many true DW fans not returning to their favorite place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter