• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2022 - Offsite Trip Report - Now including offsite ROTR

Super helpful report! I used Genie+ in January and had mostly good luck with it but did have a frustrating day at DHS. I wish I’d known about the later ROTR drops. We made it on by rope dropping (most exhausting vacation ever, thanks, Genie+). I’m heading back in a few weeks and I’ve studied a few more vlogs and will definitely use your strategies. Thank you!

Hope you have a good trip home!

Yes, thx for writing this report! I have learned a lot and hope to have as much success on our upcoming trip!
Have a safe trip home! Will check back for the final thoughts.

Just to let you know, Hulk is incredibly smooth. If you or anyone in your party get anxiety from coasters, rip-ride rocket or whatever it is called is the one to worry about, not Hulk.
Thanks! I rode it about 10 years ago, so can probably psych myself up to ride it again. I'm definitely skipping Rip Ride, and was on the fence about Velocicoaster but reading that it makes you feel like you're going to fall out on purpose, so I'll probably skip that one.
I could easily see the argument for not using the G+ at AK, but for my dollar, it was well worth it.
This was the only park I was on the fence about, but we went ahead and purchased it. We'll likely really only get value out of it for the Safari, Na'vi River and Everest (my kids won't ride Dinosaur and I don't like it enough to ride without them), but I'm with you, even if we save just an hour total of wait time, it's worth it.
Surprisingly, this ride scared my six-year old the most on the trip.
A Bug's Life is the scariest ride at the parks for me! My dad convinced me and my daughters (ages 3 and 5 at the time) to go on our last trip and we spent the whole time huddled and screaming together.
…Greatest Ride at Any Park Ever.
I haven't been on ROTR yet, but completely agree! I wasn't super excited about the story/movie Avatar but got super excited to see floating mountains in the sky and FOP is the most amazing experience ever.

Trip Roundup. Facts, Figures, Observations, and Opinions:

• Total Steps Taken: 96,152.
    • Least amount - 2,574 on Thursday. Resort Day and it rained all day.
    • Most - 17,143 Friday. Hollywood Studios.
  • Total Miles Walked: 41.2 Miles.
    • Least - 1.1 Most - 7.7
  • Best Ride - Flight of Passage.
  • Longest Wait - People Mover right at 20-minutes.
  • Highest High-Heat Index - 96 degrees.
  • Lowest High-Heat Index - 72 degrees.
Now is the daily park touring return on investment. The crowd levels are as reported by Touring Plans retroactively. The amount of time saved is the posted wait-time upon entering attraction. Attractions using G+ took five- to 10-minutes. If there was an outlier, I don’t recall it.

Magic Kingdom Saturday, April 2nd Crowd Level 7/10

• 9 am to 2 pm.
  • G+ Rides
    • Peter Pan - 75
    • Haunted Mansion - 60
    • It’s a Small World - 45
    • Buzz Lightyear - 60
  • Total Time Saved: 240-minutes.
  • Investment in G+: $60 + Tax.
  • Missed Rides: None.
Magic Kingdom Sunday, April 3rd Crowd Level 7/10

• 3 - 9:30 pm.
  • G+ Rides
    • Jungle Cruise - 95
    • Splash - 115
    • BTMR - 95
    • Pirates - 35
    • Tomorrow Land Speedway - 35
    • 7-Dwarves - 120
    • Space Mountain - Did Not Use
  • Total Time Saved: 495-minutes.
  • Investment in G+ and $ILL: $116.
  • Missed Rides: Space Mountain.
Epcot Tuesday, April 5th Crowd Level 7/10

• 10 am - 5 pm.
  • G+ Rides:
    • Test Track - 90
    • Living With the Land - 55
    • Soarin’ - 60
  • Total Time Saved: 195-minutes.
  • Investment in G+: $60.
  • Missed Rides: Remy, Frozen, Harmonious.
Hollywood Studios Friday, April 8th Crowd Level 9/10

• 1 - 9:30 pm.
  • G+ Rides:
    • Tower of Terror - 140
    • Slinky Dog - 130
    • Smuggler’s Run - 60
    • MNMRR - 35
    • RotR - 135
  • Investment in G+ and $ILL: $120.
  • Missed Rides: Indiana Jones, RNR Coaster, Toy Story Mania.
Animal Kingdom Saturday, April 9th Crowd Level 6/10

• 9 am - 3 pm.
  • G+ Rides:
    • Flight of Passage - 120
    • Kilimanjaro Studios - 55
    • Dinosaur - 55
    • Na’vi - 60
  • Total Time Saved: 290-minutes
So, that’s it. I will check back pretty regularly as long as people have questions and will continue to check periodically after that, so don’t be shy. My wife and kids would give this trip a 10/10. I would say a 7.5, perhaps an 8. Make no bones about it, the trip was awesome, but I’m not eager to come back anytime soon. The G+ is exhausting for the planner. And everything I’ve put here pen to paper will almost certainly change as Disney continues to evolve the product. I could see a trip somewhere down the line when my youngest is a bit older and can take part in the rides at Sea World and Universal, but I’m on the wrong side of 45 and it is a tough trip.

• Best Decisions:
    • Staying offsite at Marriott Sabal Palms.
    • Using G+ every single day and the $ILL whenever I could.
    • Late starts to parks and stacking G+ reservations.
    • Spending two-days at MK.
    • Bring Mole Skin and Body Glide.
  • Worst Decisions:
    • Biergarten.
    • XPress Pass Unlimited at Universal. Single-use would have been fine.
    • Going to Epcot.
    • Not bringing my own lanyards to Universal Studios. Their XPress Pass is flimsy paper; you almost have to have a lanyard. They charge you $15 for each.
    • Going for nine-nights. The free days were awesome and necessary, but I could have done without Epcot and Universal and sliced a couple days off the trip. Universal had to be done for the oldest though…no regrets about that.

Stay safe, stay vigilant, stay informed, and stick it to the mouse whenever you can. I look forward to your questions and thanks for reading!

***Edit…the daily cost is a reflection of a party of four.

Last edited:

Thanks for the trip report! Very helpful and detailed information!
We will be staying offsite with my extended family this summer and it's helpful to know what to expect!
Also, thanks for being honest about what worked and what didn't... Disney trips aren't perfect and it's good to learn from our (or someone else's) mistakes!

Trip Roundup. Facts, Figures, Observations, and Opinions:

• Total Steps Taken: 96,152.
    • Least amount - 2,574 on Thursday. Resort Day and it rained all day.
    • Most - 17,143 Friday. Hollywood Studios.
  • Total Miles Walked: 41.2 Miles.
    • Least - 1.1 Most - 7.7
  • Best Ride - Flight of Passage.
  • Longest Wait - People Mover right at 20-minutes.
  • Highest High-Heat Index - 96 degrees.
  • Lowest High-Heat Index - 72 degrees.
Now is the daily park touring return on investment. The crowd levels are as reported by Touring Plans retroactively. The amount of time saved is the posted wait-time upon entering attraction. Attractions using G+ took five- to 10-minutes. If there was an outlier, I don’t recall it.

Magic Kingdom Saturday, April 2nd Crowd Level 7/10

• 9 am to 2 pm.
  • G+ Rides
    • Peter Pan - 75
    • Haunted Mansion - 60
    • It’s a Small World - 45
    • Buzz Lightyear - 60
  • Total Time Saved: 240-minutes.
  • Investment in G+: $60 + Tax.
Magic Kingdom Sunday, April 3rd Crowd Level 7/10

• 3 - 9:30 pm.
  • G+ Rides
    • Jungle Cruise - 95
    • Splash - 115
    • BTMR - 95
    • Pirates - 35
    • Tomorrow Land Speedway - 35
    • 7-Dwarves - 120
    • Space Mountain - Did Not Use
  • Missed Rides: Space Mountain.
Epcot Tuesday, April 5th Crowd Level 7/10

• 10 am - 5 pm.
  • G+ Rides:
    • Test Track - 90
    • Living With the Land - 55
    • Soarin’ - 60
  • Total Time Saved: 195-minutes.
  • Investment in G+: $60.
  • Missed Rides: Remy, Frozen, Harmonious.
Hollywood Studios Friday, April 8th Crowd Level 9/10

• 1 - 9:30 pm.
  • G+ Rides:
    • Tower of Terror - 140
    • Slinky Dog - 130
    • Smuggler’s Run - 60
    • MNMRR - 35
    • RotR - 135
  • Investment in G+ and $ILL: $120.
  • Missed Rides: Indiana Jones, RNR Coaster, Toy Story Mania.
Animal Kingdom Saturday, April 9th Crowd Level 6/10

• 9 am - 3 pm.
  • G+ Rides:
    • Flight of Passage - 120
    • Kilimanjaro Studios - 55
    • Dinosaur - 55
    • Na’vi - 60
  • Total Time Saved: 290-minutes
So, that’s it. I will check back pretty regularly as long as people have questions and will continue to check periodically after that, so don’t be shy. My wife and kids would give this trip a 10/10. I would say a 7.5, perhaps an 8. Make no bones about it, the trip was awesome, but I’m not eager to come back anytime soon. The G+ is exhausting for the planner. And everything I’ve put here pen to paper will almost certainly change as Disney continues to evolve the product. I could see a trip somewhere down the line when my youngest is a bit older and can take part in the rides at Sea World and Universal, but I’m on the wrong side of 45 and it is a tough trip.

• Best Decisions:
    • Staying offsite at Marriott Sabal Palms.
    • Using G+ every single day and the $ILL whenever I could.
    • Late starts to parks and stacking G+ reservations.
    • Spending two-days at MK.
    • Bring Mole Skin and Body Glide.
  • Worst Decisions:
    • Biergarten.
    • XPress Pass Unlimited at Universal. Single-use would have been fine.
    • Going to Epcot.
    • Not bringing my own lanyards to Universal Studios. Their XPress Pass is flimsy paper; you almost have to have a lanyard. They charge you $15 for each.
    • Going for nine-nights. The free days were awesome and necessary, but I could have done without Epcot and Universal and sliced a couple days off the trip. Universal had to be done for the oldest though…no regrets about that.

Stay safe, stay vigilant, stay informed, and stick it to the mouse whenever you can. I look forward to your questions and thanks for reading!
The way you detailed this report was so well done! It does seem like genie+ saves a bunch of time. I’m happy to see that you guys were able to make good use of it. They still need to make it smoother of a tool to use I think.

Thank you for your report!

I appreciate very much all the details - you took the care and time to make great notes!

I am headed to WDW one week today and I have been learning studying and planning ever since Genie+ dropped back in November.

I am super excited to see if all my learning helps me to game the system as well as you did.

Thanks again! :thanks:

Thank you for your report!

I appreciate very much all the details - you took the care and time to make great notes!

I am headed to WDW one week today and I have been learning studying and planning ever since Genie+ dropped back in November.

I am super excited to see if all my learning helps me to game the system as well as you did.

Thanks again! :thanks:
Thank you for reading! Go get the mouse 😂

Well, I agree you saved some time, but you also spent $472 to do it in addition to what it costs you to just get in the parks. That's a huge rip off as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I agree you saved some time, but you also spent $472 to do it in addition to what it costs you to just get in the parks. That's a huge rip off as far as I'm concerned.
YMMV. Perspective is paramount, I stayed offsite and saved $6k on the lowest-tier 1-bedroom deluxe. IMHO, shorting the lines was the best decision I made outside of staying offsite. Disney IS a ripoff. Personal inconvenience seems an odd spot to draw the line, but I respect each individual’s right to spend their dollars as one sees fit.

Loved your report!
We are going in June. Hoping for the best. We will be 2 weeks at the Sheraton Vistana.

Thank you for your detailed report. I am going this fall with my turning 9 year old twins. This will be my first time in Florida. Your trip report really helps with trying to understand the details.

“My MVP for the trip so far is mole skin” is the best line ever.
Thanks for the detailed and helpful tips. Also, Biergarten blows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter