APRIL 2022 W.I.S.H. - Springing into healthy living

Oneanne

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the April 2022 W.I.S.H. (We are inspired To Stay Healthy) thread: Springing into Healthy Living! Spring is here, so let's get motivated to make some real progress this month!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOO HOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY
SELF-CARE SUNDAY

This month's hosts are:
4.4. - 4.10 --- PollyannaMom
4.11 - 4.17 --- Oneanne
4.18 - 4.24 --- Summer2018

4.25 - 5.1 --- PA5Fab5

1648748482764.png

Last edited:
Hello all I'm Lizanne, a single lady of a 'certain' age living in Seattle WA. Really looking forward to Spring and getting outside more. April is going to be a busy month with several trips: a day trip to my favorite little town where I hope to one day live, followed by several days at the Washington coast and then wrapping the month up with a business trip of several days down in the LA area.

I have decided to call a Mulligan on my March trip to WDW and to go again, probably in early December. Part of my disappointment with my March trip was that I didn't get physically ready by losing some weight and getting conditioning in my legs and feet. So I'm setting a couple goals now in anticipation of the next trip.

My goals for April are:

... to walk, walk, walk: a minimum of 5000 steps per day. I'll be working part of the time I am at the coast, but plan on getting a lot of beach walks in and that will help me get ready for the business trip where I'll be on my feet quite a bit. After the time change we are now back to having sunlight before I start work in the morning's so I have no excuse for not getting out for walks to start the days off right.

... to get back on the weight loss train and drop 5 pounds. From there if I drop at least 1 pound per week I'll be in one-der-land by December, which will be fabulously fun.

... to incorporate mindfulness into my daily routines.

Hello everyone! I'm from Boston, MA and desperately need it to be warmer so I can get outside and get moving! I have two young kids and I've probably put on 20 pounds with each one that I just cannot get rid of. And they're far too old to blame baby weight these days. I do a lot of baking, which is part of the problem (but so Instagrammable!) and like the post above did a March Disney trip and my feet KILLED ME the entire time! We're planning on going back early December and I want my feet to feel better, but also to feel better about myself in general--I made sure NO PICTURES were taken of my on vacation and it made me feel sad to see all the families posing for pics in front of the castle. I want to get to a place where I can take pictures with my kids and not just of them.

My goals for April are:

-Restrict my soda intake. I've been pretty good about it but got really bad about it on vacation.
-Try to drop 4-5 pounds by just watching what I eat.
-Get out and walk more (the weather here as been awful and cold but looks to finally be warming up this week)
-Actually use the exercise bike in the basement that's been gathering dust at least twice a week.

Hello everyone! I'm from Boston, MA and desperately need it to be warmer so I can get outside and get moving! I have two young kids and I've probably put on 20 pounds with each one that I just cannot get rid of. And they're far too old to blame baby weight these days. I do a lot of baking, which is part of the problem (but so Instagrammable!) and like the post above did a March Disney trip and my feet KILLED ME the entire time! We're planning on going back early December and I want my feet to feel better, but also to feel better about myself in general--I made sure NO PICTURES were taken of my on vacation and it made me feel sad to see all the families posing for pics in front of the castle. I want to get to a place where I can take pictures with my kids and not just of them.

My goals for April are:

-Restrict my soda intake. I've been pretty good about it but got really bad about it on vacation.
-Get out and walk more (the weather here as been awful and cold but looks to finally be warming up this week)
-Actually use the exercise bike in the basement that's been gathering dust at least twice a week.
Welcome! The 'regulars' will be popping over from the March thread to here soon, it is a great group and I hope you will enjoy joining in.

I hear you with the sore feet... that was one of my issues with my WDW trip the beginning of March and something I also want to resolve before I go back in December.

Hello Ladies!!! I am excited for April-March has seemed like the longest month to me!

@Oneanne I can host the last week of April ☺️

I am from south central Pennsylvania and have one teen daughter at home and two boys out on their own! Husband is also still home with me, LOL 💕

I work full time in HR and we also do dog rescue work (volunteering).

Goals for April are to working up to run/walking a 5K for the wine and dine 5K my daughter and I are doing in November!

Hello Ladies!!! I am excited for April-March has seemed like the longest month to me!

@Oneanne I can host the last week of April ☺️

I am from south central Pennsylvania and have one teen daughter at home and two boys out on their own! Husband is also still home with me, LOL 💕

I work full time in HR and we also do dog rescue work (volunteering).

Goals for April are to working up to run/walking a 5K for the wine and dine 5K my daughter and I are doing in November!
You're added!

Hello everyone! I'm from Boston, MA and desperately need it to be warmer so I can get outside and get moving!
Welcome! I'm in Mass too, and wholeheartedly agree with you on our weather! It's a great group - glad you found us. 😃

Intro: Nicole, age 51, one son away at college, DH and two spoiled cats here at home.

April goals: meet or exceed March's exercise numbers, and do better about watching sugar!

Good morning. I am Stephanie and I am from North East Ohio. Weather has been crappy here too. I am so ready for warmer weather. I have 2 kids. DD is 14 and DS will be 16 in a week. This week has been very rough with DD and this month is not going to be much better. I am going to give myself some grace this month. It has been an emotional roller coaster this week on top of not getting much sleep. We start next week with therapy 3 times a week so my focus will be more on her this month then me. I know I need to take care of myself too. I am hoping for better weather next week and I will get DD out for a walk with me when I can. She can use the sunshine as much as me so it will be good for us. My other focus will be to not eat out as much. Last week was bad. We ate out every day. I also want to lower the amount of pop I have been drinking.

This has been another sugary week for me, and I even broke down and made a couple trips to Starbucks... ugh. And I got take-out several times instead of cooking for myself, so I kind of dropped off on that goal. Will be back at it next week.

Last evening my Niece confirmed she will be coming to Easter brunch, so that set me off in a bit of a panic about getting ready. But after all the stuff-clearing the house is in really good shape so it's really not all that big of a deal, this is just my usual overwhelm-response. The only major thing I'd like to get done is to get the bathroom painted.

Tomorrow I'll be down at the dock for the 8:15am ferry - woohoo! The weather is supposed to be very nice, so I really lucked out with switching weekends. Really looking forward to the day and spending time in one of my favorite places with one of my favorite people..

Hi! I am new to the thread. I’m Jen, 43, stay at home mom to twins (11). We’ve moved around a lot but live in North Alabama now. We were at WDW and Universal over Spring Break in March and I realized with all the walking how out of shape I have gotten in the past 2 years! I was in pretty good shape back in 2019 but I tore my ACL skiing and then with the pandemic I never really got back to the level I was at.

My goal is just to be able to improve my health as I am starting to struggle with back and hip pain which was really evident after all the walking at the parks! I walk my dog every day but my goal for April is to go 10 minutes longer and add some strength training 3x/week. Looking forward to giving/getting support here!

Hi! I am new to the thread. I’m Jen, 43, stay at home mom to twins (11). We’ve moved around a lot but live in North Alabama now. We were at WDW and Universal over Spring Break in March and I realized with all the walking how out of shape I have gotten in the past 2 years! I was in pretty good shape back in 2019 but I tore my ACL skiing and then with the pandemic I never really got back to the level I was at.

My goal is just to be able to improve my health as I am starting to struggle with back and hip pain which was really evident after all the walking at the parks! I walk my dog every day but my goal for April is to go 10 minutes longer and add some strength training 3x/week. Looking forward to giving/getting support here!
Welcome! Happy to have you join in!

My goals for April are:

Welcome!!!!!!!!

Hello! Shannon from RI. Household consists of myself, DH, DS9, DS6 (almost 7) and DD3. I work full time split between in office and remote at home.
This month my goal is simply to return to good habits. The last week and a half has been STRESSFUL so trying to cut my self a little slack. To add insult to injury I went out for a walk on my 11am conference call which is my weekly thing...got to the end of my street and it started to pour so that walk turned into a run home...I didnt mind being out of breath but the jiggling was not cool. Of course NOW its sunny.
Realistically I am going to try to hit 5000 steps a day when I am in the office, 4000 when I am home. And return to having a soup or salad for lunch at least 3 days a week.

Me, too!!

Welcome everyone!!!

I'm Linda, an empty-nester from the Pacific Northwest. Right now my instant grandbaby is sleeping on our couch! So sweet. DS2's fiancee's babysitters fell through. Now that DH is retired we're seeing more of the little one when life interferes with all the babysitters.

I'm toying with the idea of tracking food again in my fitness pal. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so we'll see how things look. Also thinking about setting a steps goal and making sure I meet it every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter