April 2022

gharter

DIS Veteran
I'm glad I reserved a car a month ago. Looked at the current prices, and they are nearly double what I reserved at 1 month ago.
Will this craziness end?
We went in April this year and the prices never dropped like they used to.
We have a trip in October and prices have only gone up.

It's definitely crazy and I feel that they are probably also taking advantage of post-covid revenge travel. They know people will pay the prices! I also reserved my April 2022 minivan and I am sadly just going to have to eat the cost because what can you do! We live in MA and while we have driven before, we aren't able to drive this next trip. We have two littles and for us personally have a rental car is worth it for our vacation style.

I think by next year when you travel car rentals will be more back to normal. There was a fire at some off-site storage facility near Orlando that destroyed many rental cars. Also car companies are having trouble with that computer chip shortage which means they can produce fewer cars. Car rental companies will likely have trouble managing supply/demand for the next several months. I think the whole pent up demand talk is overblown since clearly some people lost their job during covid and/or lost their business so likely they won't be racing off to vacation anytime soon. I expect the normal amount of summertime travel/vacations. I doubt people will be taking 2 vacations this year just because they didn't take one last year.

Not so far. I keep checking. We reserved a car at 11 months out. Current prices are double what we have. Hoping they will decrease, but not betting on it.

Just booked car rental savers / Hertz full size April 15 to April 24 for $711. I still hope to do better but it’s a start. How are others doing on this chore? I would LOVE to get a Model 3 but they’re quite a bit more expensive so far.

Car rental prices for April are absolutely insane, in every major airport in Florida.

Try Autoslash.com. It's an aggregator site and will find the lowest rate out there, and you do not have to give a credit card to reserve a car. They find prices and e-mail you, you choose the car and are directed to that site. If the price goes down, you can set up an alert and they will notify you. I used them in December and got a mid size car for $303 for 8 days. It was $150 less than I could find on any car rental site and it was at the airport. I Googled them to see ratings since I had never heard of them before (got the name from another poster on this board). All ratings were 4 star or better. I recommend them!

I saw better prices on UT, I put some movie tickets in my cart to get access to their discounts. But, it is still high, and we will be at BCV so I may try and skip renting for the first time. Ever.

I keep checking, but prices have been double to triple what we are reserved at. Doesn't appear that prices will be coming down any time soon.

Any on airport vehicle at MCO for a week in April (Our week is April 4-11th) is almost $600 on Priceline. However, I used a corporate code to book from AVIS and was able to get a vehicle for $200 for the same dates.

STAY DILIGENT FOLKS! My 8 day rental through Costco with Budget was $603 today I was able to snatch up the same car with Budget for $247. I need to double check the rules before I share the tip!

i was trying to plan for week (4/16 -4/23). Being Easter Week/Spring Break, I doubt if prices will go down.

i was trying to plan for week (4/16 -4/23). Being Easter Week/Spring Break, I doubt if prices will go down.

I reserved an intermediate car for Apr 19-28 through UT for $361.
Still seems high but it's a lot less than the $704 through Autoslash.com or Costco for the same dates. I'll keep checking.

Any on airport vehicle at MCO for a week in April (Our week is April 4-11th) is almost $600 on Priceline. However, I used a corporate code to book from AVIS and was able to get a vehicle for $200 for the same dates.
I wanted to ask if you’d be able to share that Avis code? Not sure what the restrictions are but might be worth a try. Thanks!

Checked prices for our week and they are still crazy expensive. Haven't dropped a bit. Hoping to see a drop, but not optimistic.

I always find if you check the week or so before your date the prices drop a lot.

I always find if you check the week or so before your date the prices drop a lot.
That used to happen. Did not happen for our April, October or December trips last year.
Currently, with car rental inventories still low, I don't expect to see prices dropping much until they restock their cars.

That used to happen. Did not happen for our April, October or December trips last year.
Currently, with car rental inventories still low, I don't expect to see prices dropping much until they restock their cars.

OH. Bummah. o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter