April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the April 2024 WISH thread! So glad you found us!

We're a group of dis-ers of all ages and geographic locations who are here to support and encourage each other in our healthier living goals. Whether you are looking to exercise more, lose weight, eat better, work on self-care or any other healthy living goal, please join us!

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

April 1-7: PollyannaMom
April 8-14: ShannyMcB
April 15-21: Oneanne
April 22-28: newski_mom
April 29-May 5: Summer2018

Last edited:
Hey all. I would like to join in this month. My name is Beth and I'm from South Carolina. It's my birthday month so what a perfect time to get back on the journey. Over the last year and half (almost 2) I've had 3 different foot surgery's that have kind of taken me out. They have a long recovery time (like a year to be pain free) but I'm getting back to it. (3 months to go for the year mark on my last surgery)

My goals this month are while I'm getting back to walking, I need to also focus on my food and eating healthy. With that said I'm aiming to get my pace closer to my pre surgery. I was never a fast walker but pre surgery I was 18.30 mile and now I'm a 20.00 mile. That's a lot of rambling but a bit of back story lol

This month my goal is to get it to 19:30 mile average and to walk at least 4 miles a day (broken up) 5 days a week. I would also like to focus on getting my calorie count down but more of a focus on having vegetables with every meal.

Hey all. I would like to join in this month. My name is Beth and I'm from South Carolina. It's my birthday month so what a perfect time to get back on the journey. Over the last year and half (almost 2) I've had 3 different foot surgery's that have kind of taken me out. They have a long recovery time (like a year to be pain free) but I'm getting back to it. (3 months to go for the year mark on my last surgery)

My goals this month are while I'm getting back to walking, I need to also focus on my food and eating healthy. With that said I'm aiming to get my pace closer to my pre surgery. I was never a fast walker but pre surgery I was 18.30 mile and now I'm a 20.00 mile. That's a lot of rambling but a bit of back story lol

This month my goal is to get it to 19:30 mile average and to walk at least 4 miles a day (broken up) 5 days a week. I would also like to focus on getting my calorie count down but more of a focus on having vegetables with every meal.
Hello!

Lizanne here, a single lady living in a lovely little town in the PNW. My goals for this month are:

- drop 5 pounds
- get in good long walks at least four times a week
- get back to doing YouTube exercise videos at least 4 times a week

One of the ways my ADHD manifests is that I don't always connect actions and results, and it has just happened again. Since coming back from vacation I've been pretty erratic about taking my supplements and meds. In particular I haven't been taking the thyroid stuff and was thinking "this seems OK I don't think I need it any longer", but at the same time I've been super tired and feeling run down. Yesterday I took it and magically I had better energy all day. So that's another goal for the week, get back on track with taking my stuff.

Last edited:
I'm Summer...59 years old. I’m married 30 years to my DH, 64. We have one DD, 26 I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching Kindergarten as well as the Kindergarten Teacher Leader. My current goal is to lose 10 pounds this month. I am working on accepting my post menopausal body including my lower metabolism. I’m trying hard to be consistent and treat this process as a forever lifestyle rather than a temporary fix. It’s a constant challenge. I’m trying to get as many steps in as I can while dealing with knee issues.

:welcome:

I'm Becky - Mom of 3 grown kids (27, 25 & 21) and married to DH for 31 years. Confession time that I lost 50 pounds in 2020 and gained most of it back. The good thing is I know I can do it and I learned a lot about myself along the way (down and back up). Since I really recommitted last month, I've lost 7 pounds and my goal this month is to lose 5 more.

I plan to do that through calorie counting and being more active. I do best when I track, so I plan to continue that this month. My plan is to be consistent with my choices this month to achieve my goals.

I hope this is a good month for all of us!

Shannon 41 mom of 3 (ds 11, ds 8 and dd 5). Business analyst at a bank. Married to dh for 16 years as of the end of this month.
Goal for the month is to get moving and hopefully get my tight jeans a bit looser. Measurable goal: get my walk/run/jog time for 1.5 miles down to 20 minutes or less. And return to soup or salad lunch at least twice a week.

Autocorrect just tried to make that jig...don't know what that says about me. I would probably rather jig than jog.

It occured to me tonight that one reason I didn't meet my exercise minutes last month was because I found myself getting lost in reading until I dozed off. Not good for my weight but good for my brain/mood so I don't feel AS bad about it. Next month is a new month right? Need to balance the reading and exercise again.

The old habit at the top of the list is food mis-management. Not just eating poorly, but impulse buying, not cooking, eating out too often, throwing too much away... everything associated with food. This is the next big thing impacted by ADHD that I told myself I would work on before vacation, but since getting back I've actually been worst. So time to kick it in to gear!

I saw this quote yesterday and saved it for
Such a good question to think about. I know I still have a lot of bad habits, but I'm definitely working on replacing them with better habits.

Bad habits - I stay up too late - this is probably one of my worst and I have a hard time breaking it. DH and I have always gone to bed at the same time. He's more of a night owl than I am and he seems to require much less sleep as well. The habit I would like to replace it with it going to bed around 9:30-10 and reading for a bit before going to sleep. As it is now, I go to bed usually between 11 and 11:30 and have a hard time falling to sleep. It's like I catch my second wind and I don't feel tired, so I tend to read my phone (also a bad habit) until I'm sleepy.

Anyway, overall a terribly bad habit lol!

Old bad habit - drinking too much soda. I still drink some, but I found as I've gotten older, it seems to cause heartburn if I drink it too late in the evening. That has definitely helped me to drink less. I drink water all day at work, so get plenty of water, but I used to drink diet coke all evening. Now, I have usually have one can each evening and then switch to water and it seems to help a lot!

Old bad habit - driving through somewhere for lunch each day. I used to go home for lunch everyday, but we moved about 2 years ago and it's about a 12 minute drive to/from work - so isn't really worth it to go home. I started out by driving through somewhere for lunch, but I have started bringing my lunch almost every day. It saves so much money and calories – and it’s much healthier too!

Bad habit – being too sedentary. I have a desk job, so get very little movement during the day. I tend to come home and not do anything either. I need to start a good habit of either walking each night, following a youtube video or something similar. I always feel so much better after I’ve done something, so I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to just do it!

WooHoo - tomorrow I'm going to the Cardinals home opener! I've always loved baseball. We always go to a few games a year and typically go somewhere to an out to town game too (over a long weekend or as part of our vacation, etc). We have a goal of seeing a game in all of the major league stadiums at some point, so we're slowly working toward that.

Anyway, I've never been to our home opener and we got talking about it and decided to splurge a bit on it and get tickets. Even though the weather isn't supposed to be great, I'm excited about the day!

I am Stephanie. I have been married for 19 years and have 2 kids, DD is 16 and DS will be 18 on Sunday. I am getting a little sad that he will be 18 and graduation is coming way too fast and soon he will be off to college. It won't be long before DD is gone as well. She is a junior this year. DD wants to go to a college that is about 3 hours away but DD wants to go states away. We did go on 2 college tours yesterday and she did really like the college that DS wants to go too. I am really hoping they go to the same college. 1. it is not far away and 2. DD will already have a year of college completed and the 2 will most likely graduated the same year. It would just make my life easier. But we will see what DD does. It will come down to money though.

This month I want to get 60 minutes of walking (either outside or on the treadmill) 5 days a week.

Welcome!!!

WooHoo - tomorrow I'm going to the Cardinals home opener! I've always loved baseball. We always go to a few games a year and typically go somewhere to an out to town game too (over a long weekend or as part of our vacation, etc). We have a goal of seeing a game in all of the major league stadiums at some point, so we're slowly working toward that.

Anyway, I've never been to our home opener and we got talking about it and decided to splurge a bit on it and get tickets. Even though the weather isn't supposed to be great, I'm excited about the day!
As a baseball fan I'm woohooing with you what a fun experience as a Cubs fan I'm not woohooing the team :rotfl2:lol I do hope you have a great time though what a wonderful memory.

My woo woohoo is a little funny but my roommate/best friend/ cousin (who I dearly love) just told me she's going to visit her parents this weekend, so I have the house to myself and as an introvert I'm looking forward to just a quite weekend alone at home.

Hello Everyone and Happy April!!

Danielle here living with DH, DD and an assortment of pets that can change on any given day. We have 2 boys who are young adults and up and out of the house. Both boys have wonderful ladies in their lives who we adore. We are truly blessed.

Goals this month are to track honestly and completely and get back to walking consistently.

I apologize for my absence, I got DHs illness Saturday. Literally the worst timing. I was driving to Disney on Ice with my youngest niece and DD and I could feel something was wrong. We met my SIL, BIL and oldest niece and nephews at the venue and it was lovely and we had so much fun but I was getting sick.

Sunday I had 20 people to cook for and I wanted to lay on the kitchen floor and cry. Monday I actually struggled to work from home and sit upright…I had to email my boss and ask for a nap. Yesterday I finally felt a little better and today I am about the same. DH is still sick but improving and he’s on day 11 WITH an antibiotic for 5 days now. The virus turned into a sinus infection for him. I don’t feel like it is for me, I think I am getting better so fingers crossed.

Whoooohoooo that we are midway through the week!! its been a long one so far and this rain is not helping.

Woohoo, it is Wednesday... after that I have to dig deep because I have also not been feeling well. Yesterday all I could think of all day was going to the pottery studio during open hours but by the afternoon my head hurt so much I just couldn't do it. But I did make myself go outside and get some of the patio cleaned up, so that is a little woohoo. And woohoo all the plants I have put outside seem to be doing well.

Oh, and woohoo Saturday I have a bird migration tour with the whale watching boat people... and quite a few grey whales are in the area so maybe we'll come across them as well.

Woowhoo we are getting rain as opposed to the snow that will start falling not too far from here.
Woowhoo DS11's first track meet got moved to Friday instead of today...colder but dry. Also nice to log off work a smidge early on a Friday.
More of a huh than a woowhoo...the school department is dismissing all schools 2 hours early on Monday because of the eclipse. I remember one occurring while I was in school and they just made us stay indoors for recess. The reasoning was "a change in light levels." I get that they don't want to be responsible for kids staring at the sun while in school but...seriously? An early Thankful Thursday that between my being able to work at home and my in-laws being around no one will need to scramble to be home for the dismissal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter