April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

1714268845145.png

I've had flower on the brain lately, so this fits.

After about two months of thinking about it, the great house rearrange is almost complete. Feels good to move things around and clean behind and underneath everything. It also feels good to sit on the couch in front of the west facing window, it isn't sunny today but just having light is refreshing for sure.

I had a stressful and difficult week which included working long hours for parent teacher conferences. It was all just so draining. I have been grinding my teeth in my sleep leaving me with severe jaw and ear pain. I am just now coming up for air.

Yesterday I spent 2 1/2 hours at the spa getting a mani pedi and a massage. That was the beginning of my recovery.

We skipped church today. I just wasn’t up to dressing up, putting on makeup, and socializing. I’m just going to pay bills and prepare for the upcoming week of standardized testing…another awful week ahead. Ugh.

My only concerns after this week will be my upcoming trip to the Cape, graduation practice, my last unit of study, Ocean, and finishing up the school year. It’s all coming to an end so quickly.

Slept in a bit this morning, well, there were the usual 3am and 6am kitty feedings, man I wish I could get them out of that routine. After that I started the day puttering around doing dishes and laundry, which is very self-care-ish... both in that I actually did it, but also in the pleasure of seeing that it ahs been done.

Next up I'll pop down to the garden center to see what other option there are for pots to start seeds in. Last week I moved most of my dahlia starts into larger poo-pots and many of them didn't survive, which is weird because I know other people do this a couple times before they go outside. In a panic I ordered another envelope of the fancy dahlias, hence the desire to find a different style pot to start them in.

The movie starts at 1:45p, so it'll be a nice leisurely day.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Started the morning at church and then we celebrated DD2's birthday with my mom and sister's family at a new (to me) restaurant. We had a very nice visit and are heading to my MIL's tonight. I'm thinking I'll get a quick nap in shortly before we head to her house! I need it after yesterday's wedding we attended. We had a very nice time and got to visit with a lot of DD1's friend's parents that we don't get to see very often.

...and prepare for the upcoming week of standardized testing…another awful week ahead. Ugh.

My only concerns after this week will be my upcoming trip to the Cape, graduation practice, my last unit of study, Ocean, and finishing up the school year. It’s all coming to an end so quickly.
:hug: Standardized testing of 5-year-olds :sad2: - I feel your pain.

It does seem like this year went very quickly, though. Enjoy the Oceans unit!

Such a good quote! I will definitely try to run my day / week! My motivation is to continue whatever trend I've been on. Last Wednesday I went to the doctor for a bad cough I have that just won't go away. She put me on something - I'm not sure if it because of the medicine or what, but I've lost well since I've been on it. So my motivation is to take it as a sign and keep it up!

Left the house at 5:15a this morning to head into the city, and it was already getting light - hallelujah! Dentist appt is done and I got my regular lecture on not using a Sonicare toothbrush... she's been telling me that for the 20 years I've been going to her, and funny part is that I actually do have one, but there isn't room to have it at the sink so it doesn't get used.

Motivation this week... I feel like a switch has flipped on with the great shifting of furniture that took place over the weekend, and plan on building on that momentum thru the week. I'm so energized I may even paint the bedroom.

I got the Photographer. Very fitting for me as I wanted to be a photographer at one point. I love to take pictures but I never had the money to get the big expensive cameras.

View attachment 855103
My wedding anniversary was actually yesterday! Didn't do anything special really but we are going out tonight.
Happy Anniversary!!!
Self-Care Sunday - what are you doing for self care today?

View attachment 855359
It was a busy one yesterday. I went to the zoo with our friends with the twins then came home and took a nap. Shortly after waking up DD got and wanted to go for a bike ride so I did that too. She also wanted me to go to the barn to night feed with her so I did and helped to fill water buckets while she gave them hay. Somehow I was still up until midnight and was awake by 6:30.

My motivation is to work on my hip. It was not a great weekend for it. Thankfully it hurts the most going from sitting to standing so it isn't keeping me down. I would really like for it to stop hurting though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter