APRIL 25,2012 5 night THE MAGIC KEY WEST CRUISE

I am taking the fish extender project way too seriously! I wanted it to be personal, so I got my MIL involved to assist (so I can use her embroidery machine). I think I would've come out spending less money had I bought it on ebay! The time we are spending on it is A LOT!!! :headache:

At least I can say it's a "Robin Design!!

I am taking the fish extender project way too seriously! I wanted it to be personal, so I got my MIL involved to assist (so I can use her embroidery machine). I think I would've come out spending less money had I bought it on ebay! The time we are spending on it is A LOT!!! :headache:

At least I can say it's a "Robin Design!!

Haha. I bought a sewing machine to do projects lmao. I'm right there with ya!

HI ALL!!

Been out of the loop for a few weeks, dd's cheer competition schedule has really been crazy lately!

So, thoughts on late vs. early dining,,,we have early and usually eat about 5:30-6 at night but worried we will be rushed but don't want kids falling asleep at dinner.
Also, what is everyone doing in Nassau???? We were going to do Atlantis, but now think we might just kick it on the boat and maybe walk to Straw Market. Sea World and Fiesta Texas are 10 minutes away and they have great water parks so don't feel the need to spend extra money when we have season passes to great parks already.

WHO'S GOING TO MARGARITAVILLE IN KEY WEST?!?!

Thank you Allison for getting all of this together!!!

can't wait!!!!

Hey everybody.... we just booked this cruise today and are very excited to be sailing the magic for the first time. It will be myself, DW, DS (13), and DD(10).

I know we are coming very late to the game, but have you planned a meet-n-greet? I am guessing it is too late to get in on the FE, but if not, let me know.

I hope we get to meet some DISers while onboard. :thumbsup2

Welcome 1153rsmith!

We just booked on V-Day, so we aren't that far ahead of you! Funny, I am two years behind you in life.... we got married in 1997, DS born in 2000 and DD born in 2004!

Yes, we have a FE planned! tebi73 has done a great job in getting all the info together for it. Send her a message!

Our Meet & Greet is at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge the first day. I can't wait to meet the DISers that share in my Disney addiction!

Robin

Welcome to all the new cruisers .... only 54 more days...I have been busy making my FE gifts and magnets for our door...I even have my DH involved helping me...something I never ever thought he would get into.... We will be making a stop at Margaritaville while we are in Key West...cant wait to meet everyone at the meet & greet
:banana: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: :banana:

Hey everybody. Since I have booked so late, I am way behind in my port research. Has any of you been to Key West before? Do you know what all is within walking distance from the dock?

Hey everybody... Happy Saturday. We are getting closer. We are trying to start getting everything ready. So much to do....

Tebi73, I sent you an email, but it may have gotten lost in cyberspace. I wanted to see if it was too late to get in on the FE? If it is not too late, let me know and I can send you all our info.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Randy

Hey everybody. Since I have booked so late, I am way behind in my port research. Has any of you been to Key West before? Do you know what all is within walking distance from the dock?
We've never been to Nassau or Key WEst, so I won't be of much help. I hear Nassau has a market to walk/shop, but the only other exciting thing is to go to Atlantis.... that is out of our budget. I will enjoy the ships free amenities if need be. We were going to try the trolley tour in Key West, but it too is expensive. We may just do a walking tour. We are renting bikes at Castaway Cay, this time. Last year, we did the stingrays and it was awesome- I highly recommend it!

We've never been to Nassau or Key WEst, so I won't be of much help. I hear Nassau has a market to walk/shop, but the only other exciting thing is to go to Atlantis.... that is out of our budget. I will enjoy the ships free amenities if need be. We were going to try the trolley tour in Key West, but it too is expensive. We may just do a walking tour. We are renting bikes at Castaway Cay, this time. Last year, we did the stingrays and it was awesome- I highly recommend it!

Mcmommy77, we have been to Nassau twice, so we won't get off again. Unless you want jewerly, liquor, or cigars, there is not much shopping. I have seen the outside of Atlantis, but it too is out of our price range.

On Key West, I have been looking at the Trolley too. I thought we would see if we could work a deal when we get there, otherwise, we may just see what we can walk to.

The last time we were at Castaway Cay, we had rain for part of the day and clouds for the entire day. I am hoping we have sunny weather on this trip. I would like to snorkle.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

We were in Nassau in September and we did a day room at the Sheridan - I highly recommend it - It was $99 for 4 of us - It included a very nice room where we opened our skiding door and was right at 1 of the many pools - snorkleing gear, floats, huge trampoline in the water - huge blow up slide that went into the water - was such a very nice day for us - We were also in Key West in 2002 on a Disney Cruise - we just did our own thing - lots of walking and sight seeing. Cant wait to be back to both places.

Wow! I've been out for a week & looks like I missed some conversations! I had strep throat for the 2nd time ever in my life, but hopefully I'm back to normal now!

1153rsmith - I added you to our FE list! Welcome aboard!

Also, I think we're just going to wing it in Key West. We're still undecided about what to do in Nassau.

Wow! I've been out for a week & looks like I missed some conversations! I had strep throat for the 2nd time ever in my life, but hopefully I'm back to normal now!

Also, I think we're just going to wing it in Key West. We're still undecided about what to do in Nassau.
Sorry to hear about your sickness, but glad it's all over with!

Glad your feeling better. We had sinus infections to stomach virus and back to sinus infections. I can understand that! We are thinking of going to sloppy joes but still pretty undecided in key west as well. Only 51 more days!

We were in Nassau in September and we did a day room at the Sheridan - I highly recommend it - It was $99 for 4 of us - It included a very nice room where we opened our skiding door and was right at 1 of the many pools - snorkleing gear, floats, huge trampoline in the water - huge blow up slide that went into the water - was such a very nice day for us - We were also in Key West in 2002 on a Disney Cruise - we just did our own thing - lots of walking and sight seeing. Cant wait to be back to both places.

Was this at the Sherdan/Nassau? I looked on their website and did not see anything like this available? Sounds great though!

:goodvibes WELCOME all you new cruisers.
For all that is renting a car......I see that Alamo has lowered there prices, and also Enterprise. WE saved some 50$ and a class upgrade since yesterday.......wonder what the price will be Tuesday morning? They say best/lowest time to rent is Mon. and Tuesday mornings:surfweb:. But since we will be in Florida for awhile, we rented for 2 weeks straight.

Hi PixieTinker...

I never found it on their website either but people talked alot about it on another thread so I asked them what the price difference would be for a day pass and a day room - The day room was cheaper - and we really had a very nice time their. Plus there is a safe in the room we could lock stuff in while we were on the beach or in the pools. The day room worked good for us cuz our DS (who is 28) over induldged at the piano bar the evening before so he could nap for awhile. Hope this helps.

I did think up a couple of other questions if anyone knows the answers...

1.) How do you find out what your 'check in' time is for the boat? I gave them my port arrival time on my online check-in... is that accurate, or do they give you another actual time for the boat itself?

2.) How do they handle the 'tweens' club? Do they pretty much come and go as they please being that they are old enough to not get lost? I seen on the online check-in that little kids up to age 10, had to be checked in but was unsure about the 11+ year olds.

I am getting so very excited at this point!
Although, I do feel like I am going to forget some VERY IMPORTANT documentation and be left at port. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter