APRIL 25,2012 5 night THE MAGIC KEY WEST CRUISE

I did think up a couple of other questions if anyone knows the answers...

1.) How do you find out what your 'check in' time is for the boat? I gave them my port arrival time on my online check-in... is that accurate, or do they give you another actual time for the boat itself?

2.) How do they handle the 'tweens' club? Do they pretty much come and go as they please being that they are old enough to not get lost? I seen on the online check-in that little kids up to age 10, had to be checked in but was unsure about the 11+ year olds.

I am getting so very excited at this point!
Although, I do feel like I am going to forget some VERY IMPORTANT documentation and be left at port. :laughing:
The port arrival is in the "online check-in". You pick the time window you would like, but the assigned time is going to be in your cruise packet that you will receive 2-4 weeks prior to disembarkation. It is a new system; we were on the Magic a year ago and there was no check-in time.

I can't answer anything about The Edge, since this is our first time qualifying for it. So, I am curious too! Hopefully we will get some good info!

Robin

I think the port arrival time was instituted to help with the fact the Dream has 2 times the passengers of the Magic and the Wonder. I plan on being at the port as early as possible. Even if I have to wait a little while in the terminal, at least I can watch the fab 5 come out for pictures. I would LOVE to be in boarding group 1. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

My hope is that we are on the ship by noon.

Has anyone ever been to a Senor Frogs restaurant? I am trying to get some inexpensive ideas for Nassau..... I hear about this place from time to time from people visiting various islands; do they do something "wonderful" and is it worth our time?

I did think up a couple of other questions if anyone knows the answers...

1.) How do you find out what your 'check in' time is for the boat? I gave them my port arrival time on my online check-in... is that accurate, or do they give you another actual time for the boat itself?

2.) How do they handle the 'tweens' club? Do they pretty much come and go as they please being that they are old enough to not get lost? I seen on the online check-in that little kids up to age 10, had to be checked in but was unsure about the 11+ year olds.

I am getting so very excited at this point!
Although, I do feel like I am going to forget some VERY IMPORTANT documentation and be left at port. :laughing:
I remember last year, we had the option in the Oceaneer Club/Lab, that my 10 yr old could be marked as a child that can check himself out (I think there was an option of being called on my wave phone, if he was checking out). I wasn't comfortable with that, so we left it at us checking him out. HE NEVER used the kids rooms, leaving us to entertain him, that is why I am trying to find friends for him beforehand!
I would think The Edge works the same, maybe even allowing him to check in AND out! That is too much freedom!:scared:
And you will forget something! Last year, I forgot pj's and face lotion! At least, I could make do! I will pray that we all bring the necessities on the trip!

Another questions for the 'professionals'.... We are coming in a day early and would like to eat someplace in the area with great seafood on the shore/pier someplace....any good recomendations?

I remember last year, we had the option in the Oceaneer Club/Lab, that my 10 yr old could be marked as a child that can check himself out (I think there was an option of being called on my wave phone, if he was checking out). I wasn't comfortable with that, so we left it at us checking him out. HE NEVER used the kids rooms, leaving us to entertain him, that is why I am trying to find friends for him beforehand!
I would think The Edge works the same, maybe even allowing him to check in AND out! That is too much freedom!:scared:
And you will forget something! Last year, I forgot pj's and face lotion! At least, I could make do! I will pray that we all bring the necessities on the trip!

mcmommy77, Maybe our children can hang out some. My son, who is 13, is very excited to get to go to the Tween area and my daughter, 10, can't wait to see the Oceaneer's club. They love to meet new friends, especially ones that can become pen pals. They love to write friends.

For those doing the FE, we just got our room assignment. We are in 5512. Room reviews are good, so I am stoked!

We can't wait.

mcmommy77, Maybe our children can hang out some. My son, who is 13, is very excited to get to go to the Tween area and my daughter, 10, can't wait to see the Oceaneer's club. They love to meet new friends, especially ones that can become pen pals. They love to write friends.

I have an 11 year old and she is loving then pen pals:). I am getting more excited as the days draw near!!

Here is an updated Cruise Meet List (as of today - 3/7/12):

CruiseMeetList1.jpg

CruiseMeetList2.jpg

CruiseMeetList3.jpg

And here is the updated Fish Extender Exchange list (as of today - 3/7/12):

FEExchangeList-1.jpg

If I could make a suggestion... on our last cruise, we decided to wear mardi gras beads to our meet and greet. It made it easier to spot everyone.

Is anyone interested in doing that?

Any going to sloppy joes in key west

oK, so I know what the big deal is about Margaritaville, which we are going to without the kids, but what is the big thing about Sloppy Joe's? We always love going to interesting and good places.

If you want to take the trolley in Key West it is cheaper to go online and buy a ticket at trolleytours,com/keywest.com The adults are $26.10 and the kids 12-under are free. You can get off and on all you want. This is what we are doing.

I am up for Mardi Gras beads if everyone else is for the meet and greet,,,makes it a little more festive!!

oK, so I know what the big deal is about Margaritaville, which we are going to without the kids, but what is the big thing about Sloppy Joe's? We always love going to interesting and good places.

If you want to take the trolley in Key West it is cheaper to go online and buy a ticket at trolleytours,com/keywest.com The adults are $26.10 and the kids 12-under are free. You can get off and on all you want. This is what we are doing.

I am up for Mardi Gras beads if everyone else is for the meet and greet,,,makes it a little more festive!!

Not sure what the huge deal is with sloppy joes honestly, other than happy hour starts at 9am. It is a restaurant/bar. They have a webcam there that is show on the shipmate app. They have live bands and karaoke. I'm just looking for some inexpensive (really inexpensive) ideas. The kids are super picky and with a group of 5 it's gets pricey.

I'm all for the mardi Gras beads....just trying to think of where I can buy them.

My kids are all going...mom, who is my friend on the boat? My youngest, who we had talked about meeting an hanging with your son in the kids club, was super excited to have someone his age to play with. We are only a few rooms apart so hopefully they will click and I can get more than 10 mins away from him this trip. He wouldn't stay in the club last time bc his older brother just kinda left him hanging and did his own thing. we talked about all of our friends and where they were from. I love that he is finally getting excited about this.

Sounds great! I need my son to click with a friend, so I don't have to entertain him! He is 11 1/2. After last year's cruise, I felt like I didn't get my monies worth, because he spent so much time in the room! My daughter goes with the flow! She turns 8 in two weeks!

We will definitely be at the Meet & Greet!

If I could make a suggestion... on our last cruise, we decided to wear mardi gras beads to our meet and greet. It made it easier to spot everyone.

Is anyone interested in doing that?
Maybe some type of beads that is easily identifiable, something that can be worn before the Meet & Greet! I think it would be fun to start hunting down our group around the boat.

Maybe some type of beads that is easily identifiable, something that can be worn before the Meet & Greet! I think it would be fun to start hunting down our group around the boat.

We could always do lime green mickey heads. They are really cheap. All you have to do is go to Home Depot and get some paint sample sheets.

I am up for whatever.... it would be really nice to be able to easily spot folks though...

Party City definitely has some cheap Mardi Gras beads,,,it would be fun if we could see each other boarding. :banana:

My youngest, who we had talked about meeting an hanging with your son in the kids club, was super excited to have someone his age to play with. We are only a few rooms apart so hopefully they will click and I can get more than 10 mins away from him this trip. He wouldn't stay in the club last time bc his older brother just kinda left him hanging and did his own thing. we talked about all of our friends and where they were from. I love that he is finally getting excited about this.

he is totally looking forward to hanging out with your son, believe me, my kids are very personable and my dd really loves looking out for other kids. If any kids can get yours to the club its mine and you can hit the adult pool,.lol!! We have no family here so this is a mini vacation as well for us,,,we love our kids but sometimes its nice to know they are well taken care of and still have a little time for "us". I will pm you and try and get some same likes and try and get some things in common for them.

Party City definitely has some cheap Mardi Gras beads,,,it would be fun if we could see each other boarding. :banana:

he is totally looking forward to hanging out with your son, believe me, my kids are very personable and my dd really loves looking out for other kids. If any kids can get yours to the club its mine and you can hit the adult pool,.lol!! We have no family here so this is a mini vacation as well for us,,,we love our kids but sometimes its nice to know they are well taken care of and still have a little time for "us". I will pm you and try and get some same likes and try and get some things in common for them.

:). I sent a message to your email. I've been having issues with the PM's.

Mcmommy77,

Are you guys driving or flying? We are driving. Not sure where about in MD you are we are about 15-20 mins up 95 from the DE/MD border. I can usually make it to 40 &896 in about a 1/2 hr or so. We would love to meet you guys before the cruise if your not too far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter