April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts with everyone in the tornado areas. Hope you are all safe!
Hope all with injuries get better soon so you can enjoy the cruise.

We are back from a fabulous AbD trip to South Africa! Finally found new thread, have about 63 pages to catch up on!
Would love to hear about your trip and what you thought of our beautiful country.

Becky sent me a message stating the shirts are in the mails to me and giving me a copy of the final invoice. I believe most of you will receive a refund check with your shirts.
I had her send me all the shirts she received inorder to get us a little better price, total 153 shirts. This was 13 more shirts then initially ordered, 9 of those have been ordered, 4 more remain. I also found that if I print out the shipping labels myself, I get a 15% discount on the mailing.
I won't know the exact amount of the refund until I see how many of the shirts are taken, but right now it looks like about $5 a shirt and possibly some for the mailing costs.
If you are interest in a size SMALL, I know I'll have one of those available.
Val please don't worry about any refund. Thank you for all your hard work and for taking the time to do this for us.

Val, please keep whatever refund that I am due. Your time and effort would cost way for than 5 bucks! Can't say enough about the awesome job that you have done for all of us.

Same here, Val. Don't spend more time and money doing refund for us. Buy a DOD!! Much thanks for all you have done! :worship::lovestruc

:lmao: LOL--honestly, I am :rotfl:

I just typed in a request for a route from Indianapolis to Honolulu on my i-phone maps. The map takes me to Seattle and in step 26 I am told to

KAYAK ACROSS THE PACIFIC OCEAN

honestly :laughing:
:scared1:it IS in there :confused:

too funny.......:rotfl2:

Jan

That is so funny because Curt did the exact same thing last night. It also tells you how many days it will take to do the kayaking. :laughing:

Val, please keep whatever refund that I am due. Your time and effort would cost way for than 5 bucks! Can't say enough about the awesome job that you have done for all of us.

I agree.. Please keep what ever is left over!..Thanks for you time and efforts in making these shirts happen! :cheer2:

We completely agree w/everyone else here...keep whatever refund there may be; it's little enough considering everything you've done and continue to do. :worship::worship::worship:

I'm in full agreement. Val just keep my refund as well. Your time and effort is well worth it to me.

We completely agree w/everyone else here...keep whatever refund there may be; it's little enough considering everything you've done and continue to do. :worship::worship::worship:

Val - Please keep the refund. Your time, ink and paper are worth something. Thanks for doing this for us.

I agree same here...please keep any extra. There is only extra because you are going so far - printing labels etc - to make it happen....Keep it and use it for a little something extra for yourself.....

Everyone else said it better than I did...Val, please keep the refund!!!!

It is really nice of all of you to suggest I keep the refund but I can't do that. For those of you who ordered more then one shirt, it is a nice amount and a substantial amount when all is added together. I will welcome having a drink with you though. :rotfl2:

When I first started collecting money, we had less then 100 orders and the manufacturer quoted the shirts at $33 and $38 a piece, plus a $3 surcharge for the bottom border. I had to estimate the shipping and mailing costs, so I intentionally guessed high so I wouldn't have to ask for more money. When we reached the 100 count, I didn't think it was right to change the cost mid-stream. Then by buying more and bringing our total up to 150 (and a little complaining) the final price was $25 and $30. I had them send me an electronic copy of the final invoice that is coming with the shirts and the shipping cost is only 62 cents each. I don't know yet how much it will cost to mail the shirts to you because they haven't come yet so I am not sure which Priority envelope they will fit into. But I know now, after mailing the fabric and getting the 15% discount, it will be less then the $7.45 I collected.

The other factor is if I get takers for the extra shirts I bought to get us the lower price. While it was going to be cheaper, per shirt, how much depends on if we sell the extra 13, I only have 5 left. I figure if I have a few left I'll bring them and maybe we would want to give them to CMs who help us with the group photo or something like that.

Anyway, I had setup a separate checking account, with free checks, just for this project so if I did need to send refunds I could. I've kept a good spreadsheet of each incoming payment and charges at an individual level so once I input the mailing costs the refund amount will be calculated for me. It will just take me a little extra time to write up the checks to include them with your shipment.

val

It is really nice of all of you to suggest I keep the refund but I can't do that. For those of you who ordered more then one shirt, it is a nice amount and a substantial amount when all is added together. I will welcome having a drink with you though. :rotfl2:

When I first started collecting money, we had less then 100 orders and the manufacturer quoted the shirts at $33 and $38 a piece, with a surcharge for the bottom border. I had to estimate at the shipping and mailing costs, so I intentionally guessed high so I wouldn't have to ask for more money. When we reached the 100 count, I didn't think it was right to change the cost mid-stream. Then by buying more and bringing our total up to 150 (and a little complaining) the final price was $25 and $30. I had them send me an electronic copy of the invoice that is coming with the shirts and the shipping cost is only 62 cents each. I don't know yet how much it will cost to mail the shirts to you because they haven't come yet so I am not sure which Priority envelope they will fit into. But I know now, after mailing the fabric and getting the 15% discount, that less then the $7.45 I collected will be needed.

The other factor is if I get takers for the extra shirts I bought to get us the lower price. While it was going to be cheaper, per shirt, how much depends on if we sell the extra 13, I only have 5 left. I figure if I have a few left I'll bring them and maybe we would want to give them to CMs who help us with the group photo or something like that.

Anyway, I had setup a separate checking account, with free checks, just for this project so if I did need to send refunds I could. I've kept a good spreadsheet of each incoming payment and charges at an individual level so once I input the mailing costs the refund amount will be calculated for me. It will just take me a little extra time to write up the checks to include them with your shipment.

val

Val, you were able to get us something unique and fun; you put a lot of time and creativity (and aggrevation) into these shirts. I for one stand by what I said before.

Val, you were able to get us something unique and fun; you put a lot of time and creativity (and aggrevation) into these shirts. I for one stand by what I said before.

I Agree! Keep it!

Besides - based on the condition of the envelope I just received from someone else, you "may" want to use the extra to ship them in flat rate boxes.

When I first started collecting money, we had less then 100 orders and the manufacturer quoted the shirts at $33 and $38 a piece, with a surcharge for the bottom border. I had to estimate at the shipping and mailing costs, so I intentionally guessed high so I wouldn't have to ask for more money. When we reached the 100 count, I didn't think it was right to change the cost mid-stream. Then by buying more and bringing our total up to 150 (and a little complaining) the final price was $25 and $30. I had them send me an electronic copy of the invoice that is coming with the shirts and the shipping cost is only 62 cents each. I don't know yet how much it will cost to mail the shirts to you because they haven't come yet so I am not sure which Priority envelope they will fit into. But I know now, after mailing the fabric and getting the 15% discount, that less then the $7.45 I collected will be needed.

val
Val - you are WONDERful -- DH has seen my skirt and thought it was fun but a little sad, until I said he was getting a shirt..........:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I wrote to my contact person to ask if a room for 95 ladies could be found onboard and this is the response I got back from him:

"I received the same request from someone earlier this month for what looks to be the same event."

OK Now I'm confused. It either has to be for another cruise or another event on our cruise.

This is really strange.

Hi Everyone! My family and I will be joining you on the inaugural cruise to Hawaii. I have been a big fan of Disboards but I have not posted much. I plan on being more involved in the conversations. My family consists of my husband, my 5 year old daughter, and myself. We are very excited for our upcoming cruise and to meet everyone.

Welcome on board.

Rumors over on the DCL threads that they will not be having Mickey Bars anymore! :scared1::mad: I'm going to send an email to DCL to ask about this. More important than pins, IMHO!!!!! :eek:

I heard some recent reports that they are having the ice cream sandwiches at the moment. Personally, I prefer the Mickey ice cream sandwiches, but I am still happy that I finally got around to getting a Mickey bar on on the last cruise.

Robin"D";44187963 said:
:surfweb: Checking in....Holy Catfish/ Part 4....

On January 9th had surgery on left ankle/ to have bone spurs remove within the ankle joint/ and due to older / past injuries to the ankle, that had to facture the ankle during the surgery. I have been Non~Weight bearing and home bound since the surgery [thank goodness I can work from home via telework…]I am now in Physical Therapy. Due to the type of facture, recovery will be slow, but I am recovering.
We have 58 days until we sail in 58 days, and 55 days until we head to DL for the first time.

I saw a lot of you are going to Ariel’s Grotto for m dinner on the 27th; we will be there @ 7:30pm and 10:30pm for the World of Color.
Looking for some Pixie Dust to get me back on my two feet; either way, we will be there.

We are so looking forward to this vacation/visit to DL/ Cruise.
Hope all is well with all of you

Robin & Angel “D” :thumbsup2

I hope that you will heal quickly.

I may not be the best person to answer this, since I've only been to DL a few times and I'm biased towards WDW. ^_^

You might be able to get both done in a day if you skip some of the rides that you can get at either park (DL or WDW). Maybe it is just me but I didn't think that either park was that big.

If you only pick one, personally I would go to Disneyland because it has the majority of my favorite rides and some that are different from WDW. Go Matterhorn!
California Adventure was okay, though, if you love Soarin' make sure you go because the wait never seems to be as long at DL as it is at WDW. Maybe because they are in California? ;)

They also have a nice setup with their Downtown Disney area. It's compact and has plenty of food choices and places to shop!

Just my two cents and a hair clip on the matter.

Matterhorn will unfortunately closed until mid June.

So I'm starting to think about packing this morning. I have a couple of piles in my staging area. Things need to be tried on next to see what's coming with me and what doesn't fit anymore.

John and I are bringing one formal and two semi formal outfits. We usually launder and dry clean them at home and then put them in a garmet bag to carry with the suitcases. We came up with a better idea for this trip, just so we don't have to carry the garmet bag. We're going to pack our outfits uncleaned into our suitcases, when we get onboard we'll have them cleaned and laundered by DCL and they'll be ready to wear. Then we can put them back in the suitcases for the travel home. No garmet bag to carry.

I always do this. It is way cheaper than having it done at home and they are in perfect condition when I wear them.

:lmao: LOL--honestly, I am :rotfl:

I just typed in a request for a route from Indianapolis to Honolulu on my i-phone maps. The map takes me to Seattle and in step 26 I am told to

KAYAK ACROSS THE PACIFIC OCEAN

honestly :laughing:
:scared1:it IS in there :confused:

too funny.......:rotfl2:

Jan

This made me laugh. I told Graham and he said he had done some research and all the big car hire companies offered one-way rentals from mainland USA to Hawaii!!!

Corinna

We had an amazing day yesterday. I had the chance to go on an Enthusiasts Day organized by Monarch Airline. It started with a flight from Manchester to Chester (about 50 miles apart). We got to Chester ahead of schedule and as there were only about 50 people involved in this adventure, we got to visit the flight deck in groups of four. Then it was onto a short bus ride to the administration building for Airbus where we had tea, coffee and biscuits followed by a presentation about Airbus in the UK. Next we were divided into groups and our group got to visit the factory where they are building the wings for the A320s and A330. I was amazed that most of the work is done manually. After we had a good idea of the work going on there, we went for lunch. Airbus put on a great buffet lunch. After lunch, we split in our groups again. This time round, we got to see the brand new factory for the A350, which is still very much in the developing stages. Everything there is a lot more automated. They are building the first two sets of wings at the moment. Unfortunately we did not get to have a look at the wing plant for the A380, but we did see an A380 wing being transported down the river on a barge. Once we finished our tours, we went back to the plane for the flight back to Manchester. Once we got there, we cleared the arrivals formalities and then were transferred to the Monarch hangar. I was mildly interested in this and Graham was not bothered about this at all. In the end, this turned out to be our favourite part of the day. They had three planes in there at various stages of maintenance and we were able to get into the hold, see things exposed that you would normally never seen and generally were able to walk around, under and inside the planes and learned a lot about the maintenance aspect. It was truly amazing. We were totally exhausted when we got home, but the experience was out of this world.

Corinna

My cruise shopping hit a little snag. I had ordered this dress for the Champagne Girl Meet on our next cruise:

HawaiiPink.jpg

This morning I got an email to say this is out of stock and they don't if and when they were getting it again. They gave me a bunch of different options, but I did not like any as much as the original one. In the end I went with this. I am not completely sure about the colour, but I love the design:

HawaiiCoral.jpg

Fortunately the other two dresses are in stock:

HawaiiPurple.jpg

HawaiiBlue.jpg

Corinna

Corinna
The dresses are really cute.

Fedex has our box of shirts scheduled for delivery Thursday, 3-8-12

Dolphingirl 47, MJGirl, and Little DisneyLovers:
I checked at the post office about sending the shirts in Priority International envelopes and picked up the necessary customs statements. Let me know if you want me to send them or bring them to the ship or something else. I will be at the Double Tree San Pedro the night before.

To Australia and UK - $19.95 - 6-10 business days

Canada - $12.95 4-6 business days

I don't know if you can trust their expected arrival dates nor how long they might sit in customs. I would correctly note they are "gifts" with a value below the tarriff threshold.

Corinna
The dresses are really cute.

Dolphingirl 47, MJGirl, and Little DisneyLovers:
I checked at the post office about sending the shirts in Priority International envelopes and picked up the necessary customs statements. Let me know if you want me to send them or bring them to the ship or something else. I will be at the Double Tree San Pedro the night before.

To Australia and UK - $19.95 - 6-10 business days

Canada - $12.95 4-6 business days

I don't know if you can trust their expected arrival dates nor how long they might sit in customs. I would correctly note they are "gifts" with a value below the tarriff threshold.

Sounds good to me. If they are marked as gift, the estimated transit time should be pretty accurate. Please go ahead and send mine. Do you want me to send you the money for shipping now or wait until they actually get to you?

Corinna

Me too....and deep bow to you for all the work you put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter