April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you have been to Hawaii before, what are the must sees for us first timers?? Okay were would I find the roll call spreadsheet for the private luau. Is Mickey and the gang at the DCL luau, I didn't see that online?? Hawaii is a dream for us that we weren't even considering doing anytime soon so I know if we go anything we do will be amazing. I don't know what has got into us thinking about this so late in the game! I think we are crazy, but in a good way!:rotfl:

coconutsunshine, here is the link for Alternative Luau:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FlOTQwZzdqTlE&authkey=CM3s8vIH&hl=en_US#gid=0

If it doesn't work then got to the first page of this thread, you'll find it there.

The shirts are in the mails.:banana: and refund checks.

I am in the process of sending each of you who ordered a shirt, an e-mail with a breakdown of your order, accounting history and refund amount. Also, a copy of the USPS mailing confirmation and tracking info. Lastly, a copy of the final invoice from Becky.

Hope everyone likes them! I think we will look very grand. Val & Bob

Wow Val, you must fee 20 lbs lighter today! I did not order a shirt but wanted to chime in and say what a great thing you have done to make a special cruise even more special!

I'm gone a full weekend and we are only to page 58? I think a few people are slacking. ^_^

Now, how many days will it take to catch up. . . :)

THANKS DEB FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK :thumbsup2

(and a reminder to all who are attending--the cost of this event is about $20 per person. Deb is charging us $10 each. If anyone wants to plan to bring extra money and contribute a donation as well as their registration fee, those of us checking you in will be glad to accept it and pass it on to Deb with the registration fee so her stateroom bill is not overwhelming. :lovestruc Thanks in advance :hug:):hug:

I can't imagine how Deb does it. Your suggestion is a very good one. :thumbsup2

We also got our ceremony date for the cruise! We'll be getting married May 1st on the deck 7 aft! :bride:
SO EXCITED!!!

Cant wait to see you all!

Congratulations! That is beyond exciting!!

I am in the process of sending each of you who ordered a shirt, an e-mail with a breakdown of your order, accounting history and refund amount. Also, a copy of the USPS mailing confirmation and tracking info. Lastly, a copy of the final invoice from Becky.

Val, even my husband is excited about these shirts! We're going to have everyone turning their heads and looking at us! And YOU ARE AMAZING!!

Val, once more a huge THANK YOU for all you and Bob have done for us to get this wonderful shirts. Since you sent me a refund check too...I'll buy a drink on the ship! :)

Do you know if the On and Off Trolley would go near the beach? We opted to change our dophin experience excursion for the trolley so we could see more of the island.:confused3

We've never used the ho-ho trolley before, but I've seen it on Kalakua Ave. which is the street that runs parallel to the beach. The trolley has different routes so if you want to go to the beach be sure to take the one to downtown Waikiki

Hey All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I came home from a trip to Fairfax, VA over the weekend with my cheerleaders :-)cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:) to compete at Nationals and a box was on my porch-----the lanyards!!:banana::banana: I have to say that I'm SO pleased with how they turned out (this is just the neck strap portion----Jason and I are still working on the design/layout for the name badges themselves and will be printing those up soon). Unfortunately for all of you-----I'm not nearly as nice as Val so I'm not going to post a picture of the lanyards on here...:rotfl2::rotfl2:...it will have to be a surprise....but suffice it to say that I think those of you who have ordered lanyards are going to be very, very pleased with them!

For those of you who have NOT ordered lanyards, even though we're past the official deadline, remember that I have about 50 extra lanyards in my possession-----so it's not too late! Check out the information in Post #1 on this thread and/or on the "lanyards" tab of the official google spreadsheet/roll-call for complete instructions about how to get your very own FREE personalized lanyard and name badge for the trip!!

If you're happy with the lanyards, I know we'll be ecstatic :thumbsup2
Sorry about the discrepancy in the scores from one day to the next, it certainly doesn't sound fair. Glad you had a good time anyway :goodvibes

So is Waikiki is closer to the port ? I thought it was in the oppsite direction from the Arizona meaning it's further from the port. I will take your advice and take bus from the port. Do you know if I have to change buses ?

I heard there is good shopping in Waikiki, don't remember the name I do remember one place called the Aloha tower. Is that the one near the port ? There isn't one thing that I am looking for. Just want to shop. :rotfl2:

It's true Waikiki and Pearl Harbor are in the opposite directions, but the port is in between and little closer to Waikiki.

Just one bus from the port to Waikiki :thumbsup2

The ship will dock right at the Aloha Tower mall :goodvibes We've seen ships there a few times, it will be so nice to be on one this time :cloud9:

Do you know if the On and Off Trolley would go near the beach? We opted to change our dophin experience excursion for the trolley so we could see more of the island.:confused3

Yes it does. I found this link to a detailed map of the trolley:
http://www.waikikitrolley.com/maps/

There is an overall map and then there are detailed maps of each route. I did notice that there are only two locations to purchase tickets and they aren't at the terminal. I think that might be a good reason to purchase the excursion through Disney.

Val has volunteered to do my taxes -- she is so organized...:laughing:

kidding...just kidding//////:rolleyes1

THANK YOU!!!! for all your work....

Yes it does. I found this link to a detailed map of the trolley:
http://www.waikikitrolley.com/maps/

There is an overall map and then there are detailed maps of each route. I did notice that there are only two locations to purchase tickets and they aren't at the terminal. I think that might be a good reason to purchase the excursion through Disney.

We are debating, renting a car, or taking the trolley. What would you recommend. We have only been on this island once.

We are debating, renting a car, or taking the trolley. What would you recommend. We have only been on this island once.

We are doing the trolley. The one time I was in Oahu (many years ago), driving was a real pain - traffic moved at a crawl. I guess it depends on where you want to go, but if it is somewhere along the trolley route, I think the trolley would be a lot easier. Maybe the traffic situation has improved since I was there though. I also don't know how hard it would be to find parking. We've both been to the Arizona so we're not planning on doing that this trip. We are thinking about doing the beach walk that someone else posted about (or part of it). And most of the stops are near the trolley stops. The thing is though it is 35-40 minutes between trolleys, so if you get off it might be a while before the next trolley comes along. I think we're going to go to Diamond Head first (for the views) and then work our way back toward the ship.

Jon, sorry to tell you but the snow is all gone, double digits for the last few days and forecasted for the whole week, I for one am soooo happy the snow is gone!! :banana: My mom lives in southern Ontario as well!

Guess we made it up there just in time then. We needed the snow and ice for sub-ice dive training since we didn't have any down here.

Jon

MY G*D, Val! YOU are AMAZING! Your organizational skills are over the TOP! WHAT are you going to do with your time now that the shirt business is over?

if anyone else is curious....here is a video link on youtube to my girls on Day 2 of the competition this past weekend. They made me so proud! :lovestruc:lovestruc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8golxYIrI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WOW! Never been much for cheerleading but THEY are FAB-U-LOUS!

Hello All:

Well, I just can't seem to stop myself from wanting to organize things!! :rotfl:

We are excited about taking an ATV tour with Kipu ATVs on Kauai, but weren't excited about the times they offered their 3-hour Ranch & Mountain tours (7am or 1:30pm).

Soooo....in talking with the owners today, they offered me the chance to tailor their 3-hour tour to the exact time that we would want for a morning tour if I had at least 7 folks interested.

We really like this group because:

Kids 5 and older can join their parents in their 4-passenger Rhino Safari buggies and enjoy the whole experience as a family; single riders (16+) can drive their own more traditional Can Am ATVs; or couples can double up on one of their two 2-seater ATVs! (http://www.kiputours.com/ranchtour.php)

AND, they will give us 50% off the 1st passenger in each multi-passenger ATV as an incentive to reserve by the end of March!

We're thinking about a 9am tour that would last until noon so that we can go back to the ship and grab our ILs and do a little touring with them before the ship takes off at 5:30pm.

We have a 7-passenger mini-van booked at the port already and could take another family of 4 with us or 2 couples. Or, if a bunch of folks want to do this, I can certainly try to arrange transportation like I'm doing for the luau.

So, anybody interested?? :confused3

Sounds wonderful (but I think the old lady will pass this one:rotfl2:

Hey All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I came home from a trip to Fairfax, VA over the weekend with my cheerleaders :-)cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:) to compete at Nationals and a box was on my porch-----the lanyards!!:banana::banana: I have to say that I'm SO pleased with how they turned out (this is just the neck strap portion----Jason and I are still working on the design/layout for the name badges themselves and will be printing those up soon). Unfortunately for all of you-----I'm not nearly as nice as Val so I'm not going to post a picture of the lanyards on here...:rotfl2::rotfl2:...it will have to be a surprise....but suffice it to say that I think those of you who have ordered lanyards are going to be very, very pleased with them!

For those of you who have NOT ordered lanyards, even though we're past the official deadline, remember that I have about 50 extra lanyards in my possession-----so it's not too late! Check out the information in Post #1 on this thread and/or on the "lanyards" tab of the official google spreadsheet/roll-call for complete instructions about how to get your very own FREE personalized lanyard and name badge for the trip!!

Will you show the lanyard team - or are you making us wait too? :3dglasses

Hello All!!
Sorry it's been so long. I've still been trying to keep up with the board, but it's been very high paced and I don't have the time to read every page.
But I just wanted to check in and say hi :flower3:

Oh and also, we finally got our cabin #!! We'll be in cabin 2016
We also got our ceremony date for the cruise! We'll be getting married May 1st on the deck 7 aft! :bride:
SO EXCITED!!!

Cant wait to see you all!

Oh, How Wonderful! :grouphug: If you want photos from Deck 10, just let us know the time - I'll be there, camera in hand! Papparazzi:hippie:

:hug: THANK YOU, thank you!!

Hey All,

Believe me, I'm sure we will all be very very pleased with them! Surprises are always fun, and they will be a fantastic souvenir to start the trip off with. Thanks so much again and to the whole lanyard team.

Jim & Kathy

First I'll encourage you to come! It would be great to have some more Canadians on board (we're from the greater Toronto area). Also, there are some onboard credits available now that weren't available when booking a year ago.

Hope you can make it!

Another Canadian hear ... From Waterloo, but grew up in Oakville!!

How this works
Each player will be placed into a group with 10-12 others - and will leave a small snack size candy/chocolate bar in each of the other FEs in their group - this activity will closed approximately 1 month before sailing when groups will be arranged

If you wish to play, please PM me with your cabin number and how many in your cabin are playing.

Those that have indicated they wish to play - please let me know if you are still wishing to play and if you have a change of cabin number (or are no longer GTY)
PaulaSillars 2538
dylansmom 5642
thekoeppens 7001
kmitchel GTY
Grammy4Lizzy 5510
Lizzy'sMom 5508
MJGirl 6131
AlohaDisney 2614
Lauragar 7126
DCLDivaB 8048
DisneyManFamily4 GTY
socababy 7108
Pixiegran 7638
Photocjr 2556
Bill3540 6321
disneygal0614 GTY

I'm still in! looking forward to it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter