April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there are no washing instructions on the shirts and people might have questions. I've washing the sample shirt Becky sent Bob on the Poly setting, warm/cold. It came out great, no shrinking, no fading and no ironing needed. This is the reason I ordered the poly instead of the cotton (which we normally buy), I thought it would do better as a travel shirt.

You seem to think of everything!.. Thanks so much for you hard work, creativity and time you put into this project!.. The shirts are AWESOME! :banana::yay::cool2:

Our shirts arrived today!!!!!!
THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH VAL & BOB for all you did to amok this happen for all of us.
They are stunning!
DH tried his on when it arrived and says it's so comfortable he's wearing it for the rest of the evening - LOL!
Also thank you for the calendars and the magnet which is up next to your previous one in our kitchen.

The shirts feel as good as they look. Awesome!

Our magnet has a place of honor on our refridgerator door. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi Val,
I am trying to order t-shirts from vista print and when I upload one of your photos it tells me the picture resolution is to low. Is there a way to change the picture resolution on the different photos.
I tried 3 or 4 and got the same message.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Genny

shirtphoto.jpg

Sorry I could not post this earlier. The shirts arrived and of course I had to take it out ASAP. Many of you have yours by now, but I still think it deserves a posting...

Sorry, my mistake. You are absolutely right, there are 21 boys. I overlooked Bryce as he is hiding with the adults.

Corinna
Ah - I'm sure he'd like this comment - you know how teenagers are always in a hurry to be "adult". :lmao: But as mom I can't help but think - oh the woes of having a single mom and being "man of the house" since he was 10, poor guy. :sad1:

I would want traditional seating, it is my normal seating of choice anyway. So there is at least one extra chair seat. :rotfl:
We had mat seating in 2007 and LOVED it, we were hoping for it this time as well. The mat seating is right up by the stage. Here's a picture that shows the mat seating and the chair seating behind.

DSC02420.jpg

-- speaking of Bryce here he is at 11 -:ssst: don't tell him I shared! ;)

Hi Val,
I am trying to order t-shirts from vista print and when I upload one of your photos it tells me the picture resolution is to low. Is there a way to change the picture resolution on the different photos.
I tried 3 or 4 and got the same message.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Genny

I know my PM box was full so I am sorry if you tried to send me a message that way.

I just got 8 shirts from Vista today (it's a long story) and didn't have any low resolution issues. Now, I haven't ordered all of the images on my Flicker page. Are you copying the images to your computer and then to Vista or going from my Flicker page to Vista? Bob says each time you copy an image to another file the resolution is degraded. So why don't you send me an e-mail, valbob789@aol.com, with the description of the images you are trying to print. If you want, send me your phone number and maybe it would be easier talking about it. Val

I feel like I was struck with a little bit of Hawaiian magic last night. My mom and dad (both passed now, sadly) went to Hawaii 38 years ago. My mom brought back a full-length Hawaiian dress (which was actually made there). I never saw her wear it, but when she passed I felt like I needed to keep it. Well, I found it in the back of my closet yesterday and tried it on. Amazingly, it fit me (and it looks like new even after so long)! So now I need to decide when to wear it...luau, dinner, Palo? Thanks, Mom :cloud9:.

I can't wait to see you in it!! :goodvibes

I would like to correct this. Mothers day is the day before we disembark here in L.A. It will be casual not semi formal

Wear it Mother's Day no matter what the theme! :thumbsup2

Years ago my mom and I did a roller coaster tour of the US - we did some 100 coasters in 2 weeks. By the end I was feeling the issue in my ears and tried a scopolomine patch (that little round one)...nasty side effect - in 2 days I was blind. Literally. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I panicked just a tad. I called a pharmacy (we were in Texas at that point) and asked about it - seems like 1 in 10,000 have that little effect. It took 4 days for my vision to return once I removed the patch.

My suggestion is that if someone is going to try that patch, get a sample from somewhere and TRY IT AT HOME FIRST. One doesn't want to go blind (even temporarily) while on vacation.

My mother sailed with us at 82 years old and was quite worried about seasickness since riding in a car makes her ill. She asked her doctor for these and he had her go to her eye doctor for clearance first. She did fine with them in Hurricane Olga (late season storm we sailed thru after I promised her that hurricane season ends in Nov and we would be fine sailing second week of Dec.)

I have questions regarding tips for excursions. Does everyone tip for their excursion? If so, how much? My excursions will all be through DCL so they will be charged to my KTTW card. I hadn't planed on bringing cash with me on the excursions, just my cc. Now I think I need to rethink that!

Even more important (at least in my eyes LOL,) does anyone know of a WalMart close to any of our docks? Whenever I am in Hawaii, I like to go to WalMart to stock up on my chocolate covered macadamia nuts to bring back as souveniers. With the excursions, it looks like I may only have time to hunt for them in Maui and Oahu. I thought I had read awhile back on cruise critic that WalMart's and Hilo Hatties have shuttles running from the ports to their stores. Can anyone confirm this and possibly say how much the shuttles run? TIA!

We tip a few dollars to several dollars, depending on how good the tour guide is. As said before though, we do not tip a percentage of the excursion cost. $5 or maybe $10 at the most for the 2 of us.
Thank you both so much. Oh, and thanks for the advice about the luau...I didn't know we had to sit on the floor (and at my age, this could be a bit of a problem :scared1:).

Us too! Getting down there and sitting won't be nearly as much of a problem as getting back up. :eek: Wonder if there are cranes available to assist! :rolleyes1

I checked the tracking. Our shirts are in Billings, MT. :banana: Hopefully they will get them out on an overnight truck - 6 hour drive from there to our local post office.

Sorry, my mistake. You are absolutely right, there are 21 boys. I overlooked Bryce as he is hiding with the adults.

Corinna

Corinna, I hate to bother you but need a favor. If it is not to hard to find to do could you please re-post all links to all the FE lists you made??
I had all your Google FE threads open on my computer waiting for help from my daughter so I could print them...they will only print to line 29 no matter what I do, so she has to convert them to word or excel on my computer. Have been like that since you posted but she had a migraine so I was just waiting to ask for help. Murphy's law computer crashed last night and I lost all my stuff. I have tried to read old posts looking for your original posting of links but so far have not found them...we do chat a lot on here :)
Anyway of possible please re-post.

Never mind I found them on facebook! Thank heavens I checked the new list because I now have a list of all the items I am short since I had bought for 25 cabins and a few items came in larger packs but a few were right on or a few over. Shopping again :-(

:cool1::banana::love:Yay, got my shirt today. Thanks Val and Bob for everything.

Unfortunately mine is waaayyy too big. I am going to see if I can get it altered for a decent price.

The shirts are in the mails.:banana: and refund checks.

I am in the process of sending each of you who ordered a shirt, an e-mail with a breakdown of your order, accounting history and refund amount. Also, a copy of the USPS mailing confirmation and tracking info. Lastly, a copy of the final invoice from Becky.

Hope everyone likes them! I think we will look very grand. Val & Bob

:cool1:YES INDEED WE WILL LOOK AMAZING !! :banana:
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thay are super !! ::yes::
you are a GEM, :idea:
THANKS SO MUCH !!
:thumbsup2

I echo everyone's comments....our shirts arrived today and they're fantastic!

I feel like I was struck with a little bit of Hawaiian magic last night. My mom and dad (both passed now, sadly) went to Hawaii 38 years ago. My mom brought back a full-length Hawaiian dress (which was actually made there). I never saw her wear it, but when she passed I felt like I needed to keep it. Well, I found it in the back of my closet yesterday and tried it on. Amazingly, it fit me (and it looks like new even after so long)! So now I need to decide when to wear it...luau, dinner, Palo? Thanks, Mom :cloud9:.

::yes:: All of the above. Wear it several times so more of us get a chance to see it ! :yay:

:cool1::banana::love:Yay, got my shirt today. Thanks Val and Bob for everything.

Unfortunately mine is waaayyy too big. I am going to see if I can get it altered for a decent price.

Oh man, nothing like quoting myself but I think I just lost my shirt. It fits my DH so now he's claiming it. :eek::mad::sad2:

Just so you all know.....it washes BEAUTIFULLY! I tried shrinking it to no avail. It came out of the dryer with ZERO wrinkles. Great job Val!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter