April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the scrapbooking class? Seems I didn't write it down and need to share the info with a friend (otherwise I'd just wait for our navigator).

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!

:cool1:party::cool1:

:banana:

Tuesday May 1st 12:30 p.m. Info will be provided in navigator.

Greetings Hawaii Cruisers!!

Oy, I know it's been about 2 million years since I last posted----or at least that's what it felt like when I saw how far behind I was in pages of posts!!!

I know some people have been wondering "What happened to Erik & Jason?!"....well, our crazy life happened. Life since early 2012 has been a gauntlet, to say the least. I got a big promotion on the 1st of the year which means a lot more responsibility and so work has been a bit brutal...plus we've been planning our wedding....and trying to have a life and something had to give----and it was the DIS. The dust has settled, however, and I've spent the last week actually doing my best to catch up with everything....and NOW WE'RE BACK!

We're super excited that one week from today we'll be flying out to DisneyLand to begin this honeymoon vacation of a lifetime (and we desperately need the quiet, relaxing, alone time together----days at sea, here we come!!! :thumbsup2)....but of course the biggest news of all is that 27.5 hours from now the song "I See the Light" (from "Tangled") will be played on a big beautiful gold harp and Jason and I will, in turn, walk into a room filled with approximately 200 of our friends and family for our wedding! Oy....it has been a journey! It's been a lot more work...and a lot more time...and a LOT more money than we expected when we first set out to have an event to celebrate with the people who care about us...but we're super excited and I think we're going to make some amazing memories!! :lovestruc

OK....now on to DIS business....as horrifying as this is going to sound to all of you people who are fully packed sleeping in your cars in the airport parking lots waiting for your flights that are a week away ;)....we have not started printing out the lanyards yet. That is Monday night's project (it had to be delayed until after the wedding). So that means it is still not too late to make any changes or corrections (hint hint all you GTY folks who are still listed as GTY on my list!!!) to your listing on the lanyard list------AND there are still lanyards that are not yet spoken for, so any newcomers to the list in the past month or so can certainly email me and we'll get you hooked up (for details on how to request lanyards or update your info, check post #1 on this thread).

See you all in about a week!

Hey everyone! I'm not on the cruise with you guys but did just spend some time in Hawaii before our Disneyland and MR cruise (we got married in Hawaii:)

I know it is prob too late for anyone to change excursions but just in case (or anyone wants photos of things) I wrote up a little review of some of DCL's excursions that we did on our own while there. It is post 34 on page 3 here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2877757&page=3

Hope it helps some of you! Enjoy your cruise:)

Oy, I know it's been about 2 million years since I last posted----or at least that's what it felt like when I saw how far behind I was in pages of posts!!!

I know some people have been wondering "What happened to Erik & Jason?!"....well, our crazy life happened. Life since early 2012 has been a gauntlet, to say the least. I got a big promotion on the 1st of the year which means a lot more responsibility and so work has been a bit brutal...plus we've been planning our wedding....and trying to have a life and something had to give----and it was the DIS. The dust has settled, however, and I've spent the last week actually doing my best to catch up with everything....and NOW WE'RE BACK!

We're super excited that one week from today we'll be flying out to DisneyLand to begin this honeymoon vacation of a lifetime (and we desperately need the quiet, relaxing, alone time together----days at sea, here we come!!! :thumbsup2)....but of course the biggest news of all is that 27.5 hours from now the song "I See the Light" (from "Tangled") will be played on a big beautiful gold harp and Jason and I will, in turn, walk into a room filled with approximately 200 of our friends and family for our wedding! Oy....it has been a journey! It's been a lot more work...and a lot more time...and a LOT more money than we expected when we first set out to have an event to celebrate with the people who care about us...but we're super excited and I think we're going to make some amazing memories!! :lovestruc

OK....now on to DIS business....as horrifying as this is going to sound to all of you people who are fully packed sleeping in your cars in the airport parking lots waiting for your flights that are a week away ;)....we have not started printing out the lanyards yet. That is Monday night's project (it had to be delayed until after the wedding). So that means it is still not too late to make any changes or corrections (hint hint all you GTY folks who are still listed as GTY on my list!!!) to your listing on the lanyard list------AND there are still lanyards that are not yet spoken for, so any newcomers to the list in the past month or so can certainly email me and we'll get you hooked up (for details on how to request lanyards or update your info, check post #1 on this thread).

Congrats in advance to both of you on your wedding. Just a quick note, one first page there is no listing for lanyards as says must email you unless I missed something???

Would you put up the link, if possible for me and others to check?

Hoping your wedding day is filled with sunshine! Look forward to finally meeting you both next week!

I'm going away for the weekend, so anyone who is leaving already in next few days towards LA, safe travels and see you next weekend!

Fivepin and I found the wine we're looking for(Enchanted Rose) Abbazia Malvasia Rose' @ a wine store 9 1/2 miles from VGC but we don't have a car. We were wondering if someone with a car staying at Disneyland resort area would be willing to pick up our case of wine!! We will be at VGC 4/27. We will reimburse you and gladly share our wine!
Thanks in advance!! Deb

You guys must be Geezers! :thumbsup2
:lmao::rotfl2: Ah, yep!! :goodvibes
no WDW :crazy2: say it wasn't so...what can I say, I am from Florida...:beach:

Saddly, there was a time....:(

Just popping in to wish you all a wonderful cruise. I know you will be beginning to set off on your vacations soon. I am still so sad we had to cancel and miss sailing with you. You should have a fantastic time.

Oh, Marilyn! We are going to miss you SO much. :hug::hug: Love and good health to both of you. Next trip for sure!pixiedust:

Tuesday May 1st 12:30 p.m. Info will be provided in navigator.

Yep, knew it would be in the navigator, but needed to share info with someone today (you know those OCD planner-types) !

Thanks!

The precruise nightmares have begun.:scared: I dreamed that it was the last morning of the cruise, we needed to get off the ship, I had not packed any of our stuff and I could NOT REMEMBER one thing from the 15 days.:eek: No memory of meals, servers, islands...nothing.:sad2: So, I asked Dennis to let me see the photos he took and maybe it would jog my memory. This while frantically throwing stuff into suitcases. Dennis said he had not bothered to take any photos!!!! :furious: WHAT????? 15 days and no photos, no memory.:headache: Luckily our son called and woke me up!!! ::yes:::flower3:

Breathe, just breathe.

We are entertaining my brother and his (adult) grandson from Washington State yesterday and today for a visit for them with our mom. We will pack on Monday, have an appointment in Helena at the VA hospital for Dennis on Tuesday ( 2 hour drive each way, so an all day excursion), phone appointment with Dennis' VA primary care doc here in town Wed, morning nails and afternoon hair appt for me Thursday and then we will drive:drive: to Spokane, WA (2 hr drive) Friday for a short visit with friends and overnight at a hotel at the airport. Flying to LAX Saturday afternoon. :cool1:

Fivepin and I found the wine we're looking for(Enchanted Rose) Abbazia Malvasia Rose' @ a wine store 9 1/2 miles from VGC but we don't have a car. We were wondering if someone with a car staying at Disneyland resort area would be willing to pick up our case of wine!! We will be at VGC 4/27. We will reimburse you and gladly share our wine!
Thanks in advance!! Deb

I just sent you a PM...

Copied from the TA website:

Due to the success of a pilot program on Disney Magic® and positive feedback from Guests, Disney Cruise Line® is introducing the auto-application of gratuities on all Disney ships.

The process will create a more seamless experience for your Clients by automatically charging folios on embarkation day with the suggested gratuity amounts for the Server, Assistant Server, Head Server and Stateroom Host/Hostess.

Below are the effective dates:
• Disney Dream - Date to be announced
• Disney Fantasy - April 21, 2012
• Disney Magic - Already in place
• Disney Wonder® - April 22, 2012

Clients can add pre-paid gratuities at the time of booking or when processing final payment. If the pre-paid gratuities have not been added prior to boarding, your Clients will receive a letter upon check-in explaining the automatic charge to their onboard account. Your Clients still have the option to modify or add additional gratuity amounts, or pay in cash, by stopping by the Guest Services Desk onboard.

As a reminder, a 15% gratuity is automatically added to any bar, beverage, wine and deck-service receipt.

:hug: We'll miss you and John, Marilyn. I know I'm going to keep looking for you expecting you to be there :(

When is the scrapbooking class? Seems I didn't write it down and need to share the info with a friend (otherwise I'd just wait for our navigator).

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!

:cool1:party::cool1:

:banana:

Yep, knew it would be in the navigator, but needed to share info with someone today (you know those OCD planner-types) !

Thanks!

From the Navigator (and thanks to Corinna one more time for doing this!):

Scrapbook Class

Date and time: May 1st 12:30 p.m.
Hosted by Seaulater

Hope that's what you needed.

but of course the biggest news of all is that 27.5 hours from now the song "I See the Light" (from "Tangled") will be played on a big beautiful gold harp and Jason and I will, in turn, walk into a room filled with approximately 200 of our friends and family for our wedding! Oy....it has been a journey! It's been a lot more work...and a lot more time...and a LOT more money than we expected when we first set out to have an event to celebrate with the people who care about us...but we're super excited and I think we're going to make some amazing memories!! :lovestruc

Congratulations to you both. Knowing you, I'm sure it will be a beautiful ceremony. Looking forward to seeing both of you again.

Copied from the TA website:

Due to the success of a pilot program on Disney Magic® and positive feedback from Guests, Disney Cruise Line® is introducing the auto-application of gratuities on all Disney ships.

The process will create a more seamless experience for your Clients by automatically charging folios on embarkation day with the suggested gratuity amounts for the Server, Assistant Server, Head Server and Stateroom Host/Hostess.

Below are the effective dates:
• Disney Dream - Date to be announced
• Disney Fantasy - April 21, 2012
• Disney Magic - Already in place
• Disney Wonder® - April 22, 2012

Clients can add pre-paid gratuities at the time of booking or when processing final payment. If the pre-paid gratuities have not been added prior to boarding, your Clients will receive a letter upon check-in explaining the automatic charge to their onboard account. Your Clients still have the option to modify or add additional gratuity amounts, or pay in cash, by stopping by the Guest Services Desk onboard.

As a reminder, a 15% gratuity is automatically added to any bar, beverage, wine and deck-service receipt.

Has anyone done this before on the Magic when you had unrelated persons in the same stateroom using different accounts? do they all get charged to the primary name's account or can we get them split between us?

So glad to hear a word from you two. A major computer burp many weeks ago deleted part of my bookmarks including your wedding blog :upsidedow until then I had been enjoying hearing all your plans. Hope you have a day even more incredible than you have planned, that your "girls" don't totally squeal your ears off at their reception and that you absorb every drop of love everyone is sending your way. See you in a NINE days pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter