April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the peds started him on augmentin. Typically you don't suture dog bites but I made the decision to on this one because of the adipose tissue. Maybe a decision that will come back to bite me. He has his swelling and erythema mapped on his leg and has to return on wed. Hopefully all is better by then, if not the peds will have to open and debride the wound. That would leave him not A chance of running around Disneyland on Friday.

We did convince him to ride his bike tonight at least. He won't stand on it, but promised us he would tomorrow.

Hey all!

Thanks to everyone who has sent their well wishes for our wedding to us....the wedding was this past Saturday and was A-MAZ-ING!!! We were fortunate enough to have nearly 200 guests at our ceremony---

---the ceremony had a definite Disney vibe to it since we had a harpist playing an assortment of Disney tunes as guests got seated and she played our processional ("I See the Light" from Tangled), the song that played in the background during our "sand ceremony" ("Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White) and our recessional ("So Close" from Enchanted). Our unity candle had an image of Tigger and Roo (our "signature characters") on it. Our friend (Tony Award-winning actor/singer/songwriter, Levi Kreis) was there to perform our wedding song---which he wrote especially for us and recorded to be released on his next CD later this year. There was lots of crying and laughing and it was a very personal and special ceremony. Lots of people told us it was one of the best ceremonies they'd ever been to...so that felt very nice

After the ceremony our guests split and we had a brief cupcake and punch with about 120 our guests who were my cheerleaders and their families for about an hour; and then joined the remainder of our "regular" guests for our cocktail hour and reception----which were just a great party/celebration. Levi stayed and performed (played piano and sang) the songs for our first 3 dances: our first dance, our mothers' dance, and a couple's choice dance. It was great food, great fun....a very cool and fun cake....plates with Tigger and Roo stenciled in dark cocoa powder to serve the cake on....just a great evening....and such a wonderful way to celebrate our relationship with our family, friends and colleagues. (In fact, a small handful of our DIS friends from this cruise/thread were even able to make it to Rochester for the wedding and it was so nice to see them and spend time together...knowing we'd be seeing each other in less than a week for the Hawaii cruise, too!! :thumbsup2)

We haven't actually blogged about the wedding yet (in fact, our poor blog has gone entirely neglected since September basically!! :rolleyes1) because we won't get back most/all of our pictures from the wedding until our photographer is done editing and going through them and burning them to a disk (probably not until we get home from Hawaii)....but we do have a small handful of photos to share:

Image3.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image7.jpg

Just got a 'happy rush' thinking we'll be seeing Ponz on this cruise (unless he has just started a vacation break). He is one of my favorite cast members. ::yes::

Oh, he's mine too! I missed him on the Dream and the Fantasy, I am hope we get to hear him sing again if they have the cast member talent show again.
:hug:

Hey all!

Thanks to everyone who has sent their well wishes for our wedding to us....the wedding was this past Saturday and was A-MAZ-ING!!! We were fortunate enough to have nearly 200 guests at our ceremony---

Image2.jpg

]

LOVE that cake!:cloud9:

Well, a little set back in our cruise plans. Last night my three year old was bit by a dog. One pretty good puncture, on his lower leg. Some fat hanging out, but I got it cleaned up and put in three sutures. Well, today he wont stand on it at all. Off to the pediatrician...

oh, poor baby! I hope he is better soon!

Thanks to everyone who has sent the information to update the lanyard list. You can view the list HERE (click on link) to see the listings and make sure your names, DIS names and room # are accurate.

If you need changes made, please email us ASAP at dcl.hawaii.lanyards@gmail.com We are hoping to print and finalize the project by Wed. night...so if you delay much longer than that, I cannot promise that we'll be able to make the adjustments to the lanyards necessary.

Also, if you look at the list, you'll see that quite a few people still haven't given us their room #'s. If you are SURE that you'll connect with us to get your lanyards during the DIS meet in the Promenade Lounge at 3pm OR during the Sailaway Party on Deck 10 starboard, then we won't need your room number-----but if you aren't sure you'll make either of those meeting points OR you accidentally miss us and I don't have your accurate room # then I can't guarantee that I will be able to find you to give you your lanyards!! The following list are the folks who are still listed as GTY (or for whom I don't have a room # yet):

AhoyCaptainMickey
amyreneemt
cquick
Deanna M Davis
DisFam82
DisneyDogLover
gurlwithwings35
Idahohiker
janell.carrasco
jgross24
Jiminy&Jane
Johngar
Lauragar
Lavenous
LittleDisneyLovers
mvcomet
notsolittlemermaid
sshaw10060
UKANGEL

If your name is on the list above OR if you know the information (room #) of any of the folks listed above, please send it to me in PM or at the email (dcl.hawaii.lanyards@gmail.com) ASAP.

I forwarded the navigator to you so you can find alot of the room numbers :)

Debbie

I looked through the fish extender lists but I think I only found two people there----cquick and amyreneemt----I will try to take a closer look and see if I'm missing any of the others I'm looking for on there (would be easier if anyone has the full fish extender list, with all participating rooms in all groups, saved in alphabetical order----anyone?? :confused3)

Congratulations Erik & Jason....Mom and I thought about you two all day and hoped you were having an amazing day....from the pictures...we were right!!!!

Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!!!!

I looked through the fish extender lists but I think I only found two people there----cquick and amyreneemt----I will try to take a closer look and see if I'm missing any of the others I'm looking for on there (would be easier if anyone has the full fish extender list, with all participating rooms in all groups, saved in alphabetical order----anyone?? :confused3)

I will send you the Google Doc by email

OK....looking closer at the fish extender list I am finding more of the people whose room #'s I'm missing. Yay! :thumbsup2

Hey all!

Image4.jpg

QUOTE]

Erik and Jason, Congratulations on your wedding. :love: You both look so handsome and happy. May you both always be as happy as you were on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Bev :)

I always intend to have magnets & an FE for our cruises, but once again I've waited til the last minute & haven't done anything about either. Can anyone suggest any quick ways of taking care of either? I'm semi-competent w/ computers, so I could maybe do a magnet, if I had something to start w/ that only needed to be slightly tweaked. In regards to FEs, I can't sew AT ALL, so I'd be looking for a web-site that I could order from & get it delivered (to California) by Friday evening.

Help!

:)

We fly out to Disneyland tomorrow morning....can't wait to see some of our fellow cruisers on Friday at the ABD excursion....some on Saturday at Disneyland and everyone else on Sunday....

Safe travels everyone.....

OK, after looking at the alphabetized fish extender list, I got a number of people's room #s (thanks, Deb!!). So now, the only people I'm missing are:

AhoyCaptainMickey
Deanna M Davis
DisneyDogLover
gurlwithwings35
Jiminy&Jane
Lavenous
notsolittlemermaid
UKANGEL

If your name is on that list or you have info about anyone on that list...please get it to me asap.

Thanks!

There is nothing better than an 80 degree sunny day in the Pacific Nortwest...except mabe a 2 week DCL Hawaii cruise! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter