April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our DIS friends sent us pictures of their slices of cake which, as I mentioned, were served on plates that were individually decorated by our pastry chef with an image of Tigger or Roo made using cocoa powder and a set of stencils that I made (that I'd also used for our invitations). I knew only other Disney fans could appreciate how cute these are:
Image9.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image10.jpg

Third and Final Request

Final reminder for those in the FE group 6 who have not posted or have not PM'd me either here or on the DIS.

Please let me know your last name for a FE gift. Need to submit info by midnight California time.

Also still looking for a PM from Tinkerbel129 on the DIS to my orginal PM question!

One of our DIS friends sent us pictures of their slices of cake which, as I mentioned, were served on plates that were individually decorated by our pastry chef with an image of Tigger or Roo made using cocoa powder and a set of stencils that I made (that I'd also used for our invitations). I knew only other Disney fans could appreciate how cute these are:
Image9.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image10.jpg

Love, love, love!

Image9.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image10.jpg

I LOVE these!!!

Tigger & Roo have always been my favorites. On the EBTA 2010, I was able to get a Ducky Williams original with the 2 of them. My most prized possession from that cruise.

I know there are a few people on a waiting list for a HA room. Well my mom tonight sadly had to cancel her reservation. She was in 6647 I think. Regardless it was a HA room. By the way she is fine just her doctor did not want her to go and be in the middle of the pacific. He said any other cruise would be fine. A few things came up this weekend, none of which I am going to post here to respect her privacy. Again she is fine. I hope one of my fellow Disers gets her room.

So, the Hawaii DOT is now finally posting our official port times.

However, I am just a TINY bit concerned that they are showing the Disney Wonder arriving in Kahului (Maui) on Saturday, May 5th with an arrival of 6am and a departure of 8PM as of Friday at 1:30pm.

http://hawaii.gov/dot/harbors/file-links/daily-shipping-schedule/mashipschedule.pdf

In Kauai, we are listed as coming in at 7:00 and out at 5:00pm, docking at Berth 3.

So, not sure what to make of all this - you would like to believe that the DOT would have accurate info, but who knows?!? :confused3

Weird - my Disney-booked Waimea Canyon tour comes back at 5:45pm, hope they plan on holding the ship for us!

When I did this cruise on another cruise line a few years ago what was posted on Hawaiian DOT for the port did not match what the ship had scheduled...ship was correct whe it actually happened. I wondered at the time if they "fudged" arrival and departure times on the website for security reasons. :confused3

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Congratulations Erik & Jason....Mom and I thought about you two all day and hoped you were having an amazing day....from the pictures...we were right!!!!

Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!!!!!

That was me, too! THANK you for sharing those wedding photos - you both looked terrific and so happy. LOVE the cake.

I know there are a few people on a waiting list for a HA room. Well my mom tonight sadly had to cancel her reservation. She was in 6647 I think. Regardless it was a HA room. By the way she is fine just her doctor did not want her to go and be in the middle of the pacific. He said any other cruise would be fine. A few things came up this weekend, none of which I am going to post here to respect her privacy. Again she is fine. I hope one of my fellow Disers gets her room.

SO sad about your mom, Alan. There is no way to help her not feel badly about this missed cruise.:sad2:

Today is hair cut, nails done, collect fruitbasket, trash to the transfer station, deliver fruitbasket, repack suitcases, and obsess over all the little things that can go wrong:eek:.

Remember -
Disneyland meet - Saturday, April 28th
Grand Californian Lobby near the fireplace.
Please PM me your cell phone number if you're planning to attend and haven't already done so.

Happy Day, All!

SO sad about your mom, Alan. There is no way to help her not feel badly about this missed cruise.:sad2:

She is really not that upset. She has been to Hawaii a couple of times. She just wanted to see her only child go for the first time. OK I have been to the Honolulu airport on my way to Samoa when I was 4 but I don't count that. She knows it's best for her not to go and stay home. Yes we have trip insurance, and claim is already made. In all honesty I am happy she is not going. If she were there I would just be worrying for 15 nights. Now I can go and enjoy. I know that sounds selfish but she wants us to go and have fun, so that's what I am going to do.

I'll be sailing to Hawaii on the October cruise but I wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great trip! I can only imagine how excited everyone is to be heading out this week for the trip! Have a blast ... and I can't wait to read some trip reports !! Would love to follow along if anyone is planning to blog! Have fun!!:flower3:

Linda

I'll be sailing to Hawaii on the October cruise but I wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great trip! I can only imagine how excited everyone is to be heading out this week for the trip! Have a blast ... and I can't wait to read some trip reports !! Would love to follow along if anyone is planning to blog! Have fun!!:flower3:

Linda

Thank you Linda. Here is a link where Amanda will do her live report:

http://magicaldreamtours.com/index2/hawaii/

If the ship leaves port from Maui at 8 PM they will probably have to cancel the DCL luau. Haven't seen that done yet.

If the ship leaves port from Maui at 8 PM they will probably have to cancel the DCL luau. Haven't seen that done yet.

I don't think we will leave at 8pm and that DCL will cancel Luau. Luau is just something you have to have when in Hawaii. Disney would not mess with a large group of unhappy people if they would to cancel this event.

OK, after looking at the alphabetized fish extender list, I got a number of people's room #s (thanks, Deb!!). If your name is on that list or you have info about anyone on that list...please get it to me asap.

I just realized I listed our cabin number incorrectly. We are in cabin 6086. It is either dyslexia or just a senior moment.:rotfl2::rotfl2:Alex

Erik and Jason - Thanks for the pictures, the cake is amazing, the plates for cake were amazing, you both look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter