April Airfare

RLMS56

Mouseketeer
I had been waiting for SW to open up their schedule. Unfortunately, when they did Aprilo 13 - 20 is unavailable. It has been that way since the day they opened up the dates. Airfare is So high that week but we already have our DVC ressies. Any ideas?

We were unable to get the low SW fares this time too. The dates and flights we wanted showed unavailable from day one. Because we have one free ticket we ended up booking one fare at the higher rates That flight has a 3 hour layover in St. Louis, swell. If you're really set on SW you might want to make an unsatifactory reservation for the dates you need, then keep checking Mon.PM/Tues AM to see if additional seats or discounts become available. SW is really good about issuing voucher credit for changes. :)

i booked in june for my april 13 flight and AA has since drastically changed all flights. The aa service guy tried several times to find us an acceptable flight and he said the entire east coast flights are all booked up for that time. He graciously put us in first class direct out of logan, an hour further away but still acceptable

I am also waiting for mid April. I know last year the sale for that time frame for SW started 2nd week in Jan(I got round trips for $140), so I am hoping it happens again this year. I say wait it out a couple more weeks.

I too find it strange that every single promotional seat was taken on just about every flight on SW, out of the N/E, to most Florida cities. In the first hour on day one of the sale. Somethings not right. The only thing I can think is they blocked off these seats for tours or travel agencies. No fair! ;) Anyone who can manage to snag one of these great prices should be very thankful!

Our trip was originally planned for 4/13=4/20. Waited and waited for SW to release schedule and all seats were taken. I kept thinking they would open up but they never did. RT on Delta from PVD is over 1000.00 for nonstop??? I finally changed my trip to early march am taking the kids out of school, but got flights on sw for 156rt. Can't beat that. I also was worried about how crowded it would be that week in April since everyone seemed to want an airline ticket for then. Good luck to everyone trying for that week. I have to think those Delta prices will come down, that is just insane.

Apparently SW pre-sells those seats. There was a thread here on the Transportation Board MANY months ago about it.

We are also waiting on Southwest. We are using vouchers that expire the end of May. We are traveling April 22nd and I am hoping to get tickets for $175 or less. They are currently $222. The promotion they have now for $118 is only good through Feb 14. So we hope they extend the date on the promotion or drop the rates a little more.

I've been waiting too. I'm traveling April 20 thru 28. I gave up and called SWA and was told that those flights will not likely open up. Blackout dates due to school vacations or something. Anyway, I gave up and went with Delta and got the times and prices I wanted out of PVD nonstop to MCO. For those of you who are holding out, I sincerely hope something happens for you. It is frustrating to see those deals everywhere else --and not on Southwest.

That's too funny! March 15-April 15 were the blackout dates last year. I called SWA about trying to book Ap25-My5 (this year) and was told, a bit prissily, " Well, that's Easter and Spring Break time and those flights probably won't open up". I responded that April 25 is well after both Spring Break and Easter! She said, "Well, it's a very popular time to travel to Florida". So, we're still in the dark. flying on a freebie ticket, so I'll just keep checking; including 12AM tonight, when the specials come out!:)

We just booked on AA out of Boston flying out on 4/17 and returning 5/8. RT including tax $156! We were just doing research and bought the tickets, the price was too good to pass up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter