April Check-In **Official**

Hey everyone. Well, it looked like things were settling in my life and I was looking forward to final trip planning and taking back over thread duties... and then today happened. My family has cancelled our trip, as we were scheduled to visit March 30-April 4; we are hoping to visit in August instead. However, I am still happy to host this thread, if you want me to, and I do want to extend a sincere thank you to @theluckyrabbit for holding the fort for me.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like I've been standing on quicksand for four days. I do not like it. I hope things settle down very soon, that everyone stays health and well, and that the park reopen in April as planned. Stay safe, everyone!
We are so glad to have you back! And totally understand about the stress and uncertainty about the past few days... Please do continue to hold the reins here -- you do such a great job! (And join the August check in thread!)
As of 3/13/20, up to this point, the list has been updated.

I know some of you have posted in other threads that you have cancelled/are going to cancel your trips. Please post here so the list can be updated. Thank you!

Reactions: EmJ
We are going to cancel in the next couple days unless it does a dramatic swing to the positive. We just can't see early-mid April being enough of an improvement to not be worried. :-(

Fingers crossed for a summer trip. The health system has a long way to make up by then but hopefully people will do as Disney is doing, eventually giving the system a chance to recover.

We are very upset and disappointed, but also know it is for the best and appreciate Disney making this choice at this time.

Reactions: EmJ

We are going to cancel in the next couple days unless it does a dramatic swing to the positive. We just can't see early-mid April being enough of an improvement to not be worried. :-(

Fingers crossed for a summer trip. The health system has a long way to make up by then but hopefully people will do as Disney is doing, eventually giving the system a chance to recover.

We are very upset and disappointed, but also know it is for the best and appreciate Disney making this choice at this time.
I removed you from the list, but tell @EmJ if you want to be added back on!

Everyone cancelling April trips - please make sure to check your Oga's, Savi's, and Droid Depot reservations.

I checked the app this morning and my Goofy's Kitchen (March 30) and, interestingly, Oga's (April 1) reservations were gone, but the Savi's and Droid Depot (also April 1) were still there.

ETA: And I tried to cancel them and it said "cannot complete request at this time"...

Everyone cancelling April trips - please make sure to check your Oga's, Savi's, and Droid Depot reservations.

I checked the app this morning and my Goofy's Kitchen (March 30) and, interestingly, Oga's (April 1) reservations were gone, but the Savi's and Droid Depot (also April 1) were still there.

ETA: And I tried to cancel them and it said "cannot complete request at this time"...
Good reminder! Please post this on the March Check In thread, too!

Do you have to cancel your reservations separately for everything?
At this point, some of my reservations cancelled automatically, and some did not. If you were planning to visit the parks after April 1 and are now cancelling, I would cancel each reservation separately.

For what it's worth, I would bet all the toilet paper in my house that Disneyland stays closed through the month of April, and possibly May. But no one wants to be dealing with an erroneous $200 Savi's charge, so I'd just triple check.

We are supposed to go April 12-19 staying at the Grand...we are coming from Toronto and 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 everything will be up and running by then. As of right now if it’s open and there aren’t travel restrictions then we will be there!

I'm still on track from my April trip.. I am planning on doing my part to help limit the life of this virus by trying to stay home as much as possible. Luckily I have the option to work from home.

For what it's worth, I would bet all the toilet paper in my house that Disneyland stays closed through the month of April, and possibly May. But no one wants to be dealing with an erroneous $200 Savi's charge, so I'd just triple check.

I am thinking we are only at the beginning of this. Part of my reasoning is because Seattle was the first to get hit with this, and they have closed all the K-12 schools in the Seattle area until April 24th. Another part of my reasoning is how long the Asian Disney Parks were/are closed.

We are tentatively still planning for Easter weekend, but those plans remain fluid right now based on how the next couple of weeks ago.

I'm scheduled for April 5-11. I'm also in a holding pattern before dealing with any cancellations. I'm hoping for the best but realistically think my trip will be cancelled.

My flight is with Delta and they basically are at the triage stage of customer service. They sent an email asking people to only call once you're within 72 hours of your flight.

We're holding on to our reservations for April 14-17, but we had to change hotels from Tropicana to Camelot due to a booking error on my part.

Of course, now we might be able to switch back to Tropicana or BWPPI...I'll probably check that in a few days depending on how the trajectory is looking.

Our trip is not until April 25th so we will hold out cancelling for now - we can cancel without losing a cent, so there is no rush to pull the plug until closer to the date.

Like so many, I canceled my April 7th trip.

I had to call Alaska Airline to cancel out my flights for April.
The online system would not accept the cancellation.
After listening to their hold music and messages for 3.5 HOURS, I got to speak with an agent in Boise.

She took care of everything needed for the cancellation.

Wondering how long this situation will stretch....

I was there this last week for 6 days in the parks and CV-19 didn't stop many from enjoying the parks.
Thank goodness for MP.
It didn't keep people from flying either. Our plane was packed coming home last night.

As for Disneyland.... Tick... tock.... on the last few hours of magic.....
When the clock strikes MIDNIGHT tonight, it will be all over for awhile.

Geemo

Our trip is not until April 25th so we will hold out cancelling for now - we can cancel without losing a cent, so there is no rush to pull the plug until closer to the date.

My thoughts exactly. Plus, if Disney remains closed, my guess is we'll have a better shot at them honoring the discounted rate we got at the Grand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter