April - crowds? construction?... or Aug & Carsland?

stitch34

DIS Veteran
can't decide! April works great for us... and is sooner!
WDW vets, first time DLR for the kiddos.

Am wondering about if we go in April... is there a lot of construction going on... I understand there would be for Carsland, but anything else that is going to take away from our trip and we miss out on because it's not done yet?
Of course, there is concern about crowds. Easter is the 8th... looking to arrive the 10th or 11th.

If we wait till August.... Carsland will be open - anything else new we'd miss out on in April? Anything else opening up summer of '12 other than that? I saw mention of new entrance?
Will the crowds be better in August than April - or similar with Carsland being open and perhaps attracting crowds?

Oh, and we'd definitely want to see Fantasmic, and WOC - perhaps twice, and Aladdin and who knows what else - so that also comes into play for us on good time to go.

Sure in April there will be a lot of construction. Though it may be a bit calmed down by then around the entrance area of DCA. DL will have a bit of it's own along main street.

Carsland is a new area for DCA and mostly off to the side. But by then it will probably look done from what you can see over the walls.

Crowds will probably be similiar, as well as hours and the entertainment schedule.

Mainly it comes down to waiting for carsland or not.

Given that your visit is so close to Easter and the area school's spring breaks are all around Easter, I'd say your crowd level would be about the same. August you'd have the advantage of Cars Land, which I feel is definitely worth waiting for. You'd also be looking at a completed Jolly Holiday Bakery and overhauled Carnation Cafe and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street. I'd wait. It will be busy around Easter, so might as well wait for August.

Thanks, guys. So August... I guess I was thinking mid August it would be consideraby less crowded than that week after Easter... you're saying not so much, August is pretty crowded time also? Either time I go I'll be having pretty decent crowds, right? I don't mind crowds... but am used to easter time at WDW when there are days MK closes to capacity...just as long as not like that, will be fine!

I don't mind crowds... but am used to easter time at WDW when there are days MK closes to capacity...just as long as not like that, will be fine!

If you are fine with that you should be fine either way.

August in DLR is a little variable from busy to ok crowds, not super busy. But next summer it could be a lot worse because of Carsland opening up and the media blitz they are sure to run when they do a Grand Reopening of DCA.

I would also vote for August and recommend you try to get there before the AP blockouts lift. Next summer they will be more crazy than ever.

See

"Understanding AP Blockouts and Impact on Crowds" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2365983

"Choosing When To Visit DLR: Summary of High and Low Season and When Each Happens" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36509602

And Cars Land is going to be more awesome than I imagined. Disney is going all out with all their best imagineering input and it is going to be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter