April crowds

We are going April 23rd thru 28th with 13 family members...hoping for less than crazy crowds or we will need to all hold hands so we don’t get lost :scared:

We are going April 17-24 for both an extended family trip as well as participating in the Dark Side Marathon. We did the marathon 2 years ago as well. Conditions 2 years ago were similar (New England School Break, not Easter, Race Weekend) and crowds were very managable. Mid range crowds with some highs and lows but with the weather so pleasant it was not a big deal to us.

One thing I noticed with this particular marathon is that many of the runners are big Star Wars fans and as a result - are likely to want to spend time at DHS. Many were there with their medals on in the days following their races and posing for Star Wars related photos and on Star Tours/Launch Bay and definitely at the fire works. I would guess many will also be very interested in Pandora.

Be mindful of the traffic for the early mornings/late nights for closures - things could be dicey for sure!

Our trip is planned for April 14-21st (spring break for schools in MA!). I've been keeping tabs on TouringPlan's crowd calendar for that week, and overall the parks look to be moderately crowded with projected crowds of 5's and 6's during the week. It certainly looks better than week at end of March and week in early April which are projected to be 9's and 10's!

Still, I have clear touring plans each day so make sure the crowds don't affect us as much. Fingers crossed I get the fast passes we want though....that feels like the key to making my plans work!

Oh, and I've scoured the boards to find info on impact of the Star Wars half marathon which is later that week I'll be there. Seems like there isn't that much impact on crowds in the parks, but traffic can be impacted a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter