April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

Can someone help me understand the Disney strategy behind offering these new OKW incentives a few months prior to the sale of the tower?
They still have a zillion OKW points from their post pandemic buying spree. They want to raise cash. They’re seemingly willing to lose money on them.
Well Mr. Krieger, if you told me yesterday I'd be giving serious serious consideration for my first direct contract to be OKW points - I would've told you no way you are crazy....yet here I am....
Yes, I’m suddenly trying to scrounge up $115,000.

These offers are confirmed valid through June 24, correct? Not likely to be pull and replaced prior to that?

My guide (who still thinks I am a new member - I recently bought resale) emailed me and indicated they are “limited” offers. Naturally he wouldn’t want me to wait until June to buy, but thought I would check.

If we go for one of these deals, I am inclined to keep my cash in a HYSA until right before June 24, so that we would be able to look at summer incentives within the 10 day period.

While they don't usually pull offers early, something like OKW is going to have a finite number of points they have to sell and if it is very popular, they could "sell out" well before June 24th.

If it is one of the other resorts, then you should not have any problem with it being available until the end of the incentive period.

This is going to be one of those things I am kicking myself over later but the timing just doesn't line up for me. I already own resale at OKW (not extended) and they are SAP+ points. I know I will be at OKW only soon enough with that contract. I have been contemplating Poly resale or direct. Big check coming next spring when I retire.

I am content with what I have. I am content with what I have. I am aaaaahhhhhhhh

While they don't usually pull offers early, something like OKW is going to have a finite number of points they have to sell and if it is very popular, they could "sell out" well before June 24th.

If it is one of the other resorts, then you should not have any problem with it being available until the end of the incentive period.
Thank you, that makes sense. Now to crunch some numbers and decide if the savings on OKW is worth going for, or if I am going to hold out for Poly and pay a fortune.

I wonder if I can convince my husband I need a last minute WDW visit this weekend, for “research” purposes.

Got my spreadsheet open - Aug use year as well w 200 Poly resale points, so I can do without the Tower.

See below....then you get $3,000 back after MB, so effective price is $21,750.

PointsPer point after $40 incentiveTotal Cost w Offer
Disney's OKW150$ 165.00$ 24,750.00
I would love confirmation if Welcome Home and/or Magical Beginnings also apply, bringing that even lower... :)

I believe that price includes those?
No, it’s $40 off for 150 points and $70 off for 300 points, before any other discounts. If they let you do MB the prices get to $60 and $90.

Hard to imagine they’ll suddenly add Welcome Home for OKW, who IIRC hasn’t had it previously.

Magical beginnings would be me buying an OKW contract matching my June use year and selling back 2024 points at 20 a point? And I wouldn't pay those dues, either?

I don't have $24,750 lying around anywhere.

I am content with what I have .....

I would love confirmation if Welcome Home and/or Magical Beginnings also apply, bringing that even lower... :)
I just got confirmation from my guide that MB does apply to OKW direct sales. I did not ask about Welcome Home so I don't know about that yet.
I am also in the boat of doing the math for this promo too and trying to decide if I should to wait and see about Poly tower.

On OKW, just thinking more here, the sweet spot is that 300 point mark. Yes, the first 150 points is $165 per point (same as full price just 3 years ago!), but that next 150 points is just (“just”) $15,750 more, or $105 per additional point.

That 150 is likely the cheapest blue card you’ll ever see again but that 300 is a remarkably small up charge.

So, now that the incentives are similar for the resorts,,,in terms of same price per point off, I wonder if they will let people buy different resorts and get the higher discount?

They did that in summer 2020 with RIv and CCV. Maybe RIV and CFw?

So, now that the incentives are similar for the resorts,,,in terms of same price per point off, I wonder if they will let people buy different resorts and get the higher discount?

They did that in summer 2020 with RIv and CCV. Maybe RIV and CFw?

Meaning, buy 150 RIV and 150 CFW and get all 300 points discounted at whichever rate is better?

I just got confirmation from my guide that MB does apply to OKW direct sales. I did not ask about Welcome Home so I don't know about that yet.
I am also in the boat of doing the math for this promo too and trying to decide if I should to wait and see about Poly tower.

If that's what will make you pull the trigger on a purchase I would tell that to the guide and ask him/her to run it up the chain of command to see if they can make it happen. We often think of it like a $20/pt discount, but DVC still makes money off those points.

I was offered MB on a direct PVB purchase from a WDW guide when we stopped by the desk at a resort recently (discussing Poly tower and same association talk led to that direction) even though PVB is not officially on the MB resort list as far as I know. Of course the $250/pt starting price was a non-starter... I'd rather wait a few months for the Poly tower incentives and evaluate then.

On OKW, just thinking more here, the sweet spot is that 300 point mark. Yes, the first 150 points is $165 per point (same as full price just 3 years ago!), but that next 150 points is just (“just”) $15,750 more, or $105 per additional point.

That 150 is likely the cheapest blue card you’ll ever see again but that 300 is a remarkably small up charge.

Even when you go to 200 points the up-charge is tiny - you are spot on....

Now if those OKW studios only slept 5....as a family of 5 that is the "deal breaker" for me at this moment....

I’m still trying to figure out if the prices posted in the middle of the night include all discounts (except MB) for VDH— it looked like you were still north of $200/pt all in, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter