April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

No! Because that would mean I could rent 2024 points to make my first credit card payments and sell my resale points to make a few more and by then I would be closer to that big check next year for the payoff...No, no, no!
That's what I told myself when I bought 200 direct AKL points last year during the flash sale.

Brought the price down to $143 after incentives and MB.

Except, I didn't end up selling my resale.....

Correct - you'd get the June 2023 points for "free" then they'd buy them back for $20 per point, 6/1 you'd get 2024 points and go-forward.
So if you need Feb-April use year, you don’t get extra points but if you need a use year after that you get 2023 points?

I'm pretty torn. I don't really have much desire to stay at OKW, but I do definitely want around 150-200 points more for our vacation plans. So, OKW isn't really something I've been looking to own, and I definitely agree that over time booking at 7 months someplace other than the home resort is likely to get more difficult, but the price may be the best per point I'll have available now or in the future.

RIV however I would enjoy and has about 40% more years, at about a 25% premium to the OKW offer, but also has significantly more expensive points charts. I'm old enough that it's very unlikely that I'd actually benefit from the extra years, but it would be nice to have something to pass along to family.

Even when you go to 200 points the up-charge is tiny - you are spot on....

Now if those OKW studios only slept 5....as a family of 5 that is the "deal breaker" for me at this moment....
I think a 1 Bedroom upgrade at OKW is worth it. They're huge and relatively cheap. OKW and BLT are where 1 Bedrooms are definitely worth it. Best values.

RIV however I would enjoy and has about 40% more years, at about a 25% premium to the OKW offer, but also has significantly more expensive points charts. I'm old enough that it's very unlikely that I'd actually benefit from the extra years, but it would be nice to have something to pass along to family.
Go for Riviera. I think this sale will only help to cement the sleeping around problems to come.

As far as leaving something behind, my plan is to leave money for my mine to spend as she likes, not a timeshare she may or may not want to manage. Money can buy a timeshare but the timeshare might only cost her.

Your post made me wonder...Does a "new member" include any prior member who is jumping into a new UY? Anyone know the answer to that?
A new UY would be a new membership for existing member.

Existing member is anyone already named on resale or direct contract.

While they don't usually pull offers early, something like OKW is going to have a finite number of points they have to sell and if it is very popular, they could "sell out" well before June 24th.

If it is one of the other resorts, then you should not have any problem with it being available until the end of the incentive period.

Yes. If OKW deal turns out as popular as first appears, I’d consider the possibility certain UYs (like Sept, Oct, &/or Dec) might not be available later in the promotion.

So if you need Feb-April use year, you don’t get extra points but if you need a use year after that you get 2023 points?
It's easiest to think of it as selling the "current" years points. You'd be able to sell back the points of the contract of the current use year.

It's more beneficial the deeper you are into your UY, or the closer you are to getting next points.

I bought AKL last May 2023 during the flash sale. So technically it was currently in the 2022 UY. I have a June UY. Sold the 2022 points for MB, got 2023 points the next month on June 1st.

If one bought a June UY now, would they let you bank the 2023 points despite being past the banking deadline? Not eligible for MB over here.

We want to buy ~150 points direct (already own 100 resale points at BLT) and are considering these incentives vs waiting for Poly. Before MB, at 150 points:
-Riviera - $29,700, expires 2070
-Old Key West - $24,750, expires 2057

It is a $4950 difference. Seems like we'd go Riv if we bought this cycle given the 13 extra years, lower dues, and location. Any arguments for OKW instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter